Sam & Yehia

When do to medical exam for fiance visa?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello!

I will need to go and stay in Ankara, Turkey for a few days for my fiance visa interview, so I want to do the medical during the same stay. I am trying to book my hotel now to make sure that is taken care of. I know that the medical needs to happen within a month of the interview, but also at least 2 days before. 

I'm just wondering how many days before the interview in Ankara people did their medical stuff? 

Thanks!

Yehia 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Best bet is to check the embassy's website that your fiance will be conducting the interview at, in order to retrieve that information.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

It depends on how the documents will get to your embassy/consulate. 

Generally, if the results are delivered by the clinic, beneficiaries need to get the medical performed a week-few weeks in advance. If the beneficiary is the one to bring the results on the day of the interview, the clinic hands the envelope later in the day of the examination, meaning it can be scheduled a day before the interview.

The best is actually calling your clinic. They'll let you know the specifics.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/13/2019 at 2:31 PM, K.T said:

Our visa interview was on Friday, we did the medical Tuesday prior to that. Picked up the medical results on Thursday. 

My interview is on September 23rd Monday at 8.30. If I go to the doctor's office on September 20th Friday would I have time to pick up my results? Should I make my appointment for September 19th?

1 hour ago, BiAdam said:

My interview is on September 23rd Monday at 8.30. If I go to the doctor's office on September 20th Friday would I have time to pick up my results? Should I make my appointment for September 19th?

I would contact with the doctor's office. I think they require 2 working days to process your report. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, K.T said:

I would contact with the doctor's office. I think they require 2 working days to process your report. 

Yeah I called them and clarified the date :) thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.