2,946 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

LOL! I was startled at first..anyways I sincerely hope she's on the right path! An attorney would have been a great guidance for her..really don't know what this correspondence is about!😏

I just went online as they direct her in the letter to https://first.uscis.gov/#/check-status and it just says that her FOIA is completed, but i honestly don't understand why the package of documents went to NRC (National Records Center) when it had the VAWA application and documents. Natalie, i guess you can send them an email at the FOIAPAQuestions@uscis.dhs.gov and ask what happened to your package and why it has been directed to their department instead of VAWA. 

33 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yeah...Sandra will let you know what's really going on..and guide you on the next steps to take..hopefully!

Ok, so just to make it more clear here and maybe someone can help her in this situation. She has not received the response from VAWA center yet. This is a reply from NRC Center in regards to a request she made to the police station in the State the incident happened about releasing the body camera Video. Now the police said they will do so only after they received the clearance from NRC which she didn't get, based on the FOIA reply. Now my suggestion was for her to email back to FOIA and ask what else they need in order to get the info requested. Any thoughts or experiences whit such type of situation? 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, natalysmile said:

I also think that this correspondence is not related to VAWA.

It is not related to VAWA.  Did you request a copy of your immigration paperwork from your marriage?  It is the document that is saying that they received the request for information and that they will send it to you when they find it and make copies.  It will be mailed to you on a CD and you can look at it and print it.  It will take about 4-6 months.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

19 minutes ago, bmw535i said:

Thank you everypne

I received a letter from Vermont service center it looks very confusing

They rejected my 485 765 and 131

My ex wife is a us citizen i believe I am eligible for 485 concurrent filling

Screenshot_2019-09-23-11-44-03.png

the rejection letter will tell you the reason of the rejection... I cannot open the screenshot you sent. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, bmw535i said:

Thank you everypne

I tried very hard to read your screenshot and the best I could get out of it was - You have not included a prove showing you have a pending I-485 application . You need to including your I-485 Receipt if you have one and if your spouse is a USA citizen include his or her Birth Certificate or any document proving Citizenship. 

@bmw535i Have you received your vawa receipt yet ? 

29 minutes ago, Poupis said:

This week will be 90 days since I sent my RFE response and also my birthday. Please pray for my approval this week as my birthday gift! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
I’m very anxious and freaking out!

Oh dear! 😊🙏 praying for you..your approval is sure! HBD in advance!🌟🌟💫💫🌟💫💫💫🌟🌟🌟

1 hour ago, bmw535i said:

Thank you everypne

Yes you are eligible for concurrent filing dear..read the letter it will inform you the reason it was rejected! 

2 hours ago, bmw535i said:

Thank you everypne

Can access to this screenshot but did you pay the fees or submit it with the fee waiver?

Hi friends 

i have an info pass appointment tomorrow because i want to travel they need me to fill up a new 131 application and $575 with evidence for the emergency and 2 passport pictures .. 

my question is now they have another application my lawyer sent to them 4 months ago incorrectly to Nebraska instead of vermont !!
what will be the situation ! If they gave me the document tomorrow which will be a new one .. 

what will happen to the old one !!!
and the new document will be valid for how long ??  
If i left with the new one will they cancel the old application and consider me inadmissible !!

please help .. my lawyer is ignoring me ! 

thanks 

Edited by Fishy89

7 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

Hi friends 

i have an info pass appointment tomorrow because i want to travel they need me to fill up a new 131 application and $575 with evidence for the emergency and 2 passport pictures .. 

my question is now they have another application my lawyer sent to them 4 months ago incorrectly to Nebraska instead of vermont !!
what will be the situation ! If they gave me the document tomorrow which will be a new one .. 

what will happen to the old one !!!
and the new document will be valid for how long ??  
If i left with the new one will they cancel the old application and consider me inadmissible !!

please help .. my lawyer is ignoring me ! 

thanks 

At the local office an Immigration Services Officer has the discretion to request that a currently pending Advance Parole application be expedited rather than issuing an emergency Advance Parole document. At the info pass you will submit an Emergency Advance parole application and this also have to be process and evidence of your extremely urgent situation must be review so it also takes time. I don't know if they are issuing Advance parole document on the spot.....  

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Poupis said:

This week will be 90 days since I sent my RFE response and also my birthday. Please pray for my approval this week as my birthday gift! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
I’m very anxious and freaking out!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPEFULLY YOU GET GOOD NEWS ANYTIME

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.