2,946 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

House I am confused on this issue if the marriage is not good and you are no more living with your abuser you still have to wait for 3 years not to get divorce so that you can get your citizen ship this is quite confusing going on please can some one explain clearly.

I guess the law was modified because that’s how it used to be. It sound ridiculous because how people are going to stay married to the abuser. Laws  are always changing for some reason. I knew someone who was married to a U.S citizen  and had to wait 5 years. @sandranj can you get involve in this issue. 

21 minutes ago, Goyo said:

I guess the law was modified because that’s how it used to be. It sound ridiculous because how people are going to stay married to the abuser. Laws  are always changing for some reason. I knew someone who was married to a U.S citizen  and had to wait 5 years. @sandranj can you get involve in this issue. 

Maybe the person didn’t get the right information to apply in 3years😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

***For people who have been approved and had a pending I-485***

I filed my VAWA 3months before I got my interview notice and I did not show up to my interview. When I applied VAWA I requested them to hold the EOS application (I-485). I just got approved on Aug 8 2019 but I don't know if this receipt is still good or if there will be online changes, so:

1. Was there any online updates at all after you filed VAWA application? 
  2. Did you get an update after your VAWA was approved?

10 minutes ago, nap_o said:

***For people who have been approved and had a pending I-485***

I filed my VAWA 3months before I got my interview notice and I did not show up to my interview. When I applied VAWA I requested them to hold the EOS application (I-485). I just got approved on Aug 8 2019 but I don't know if this receipt is still good or if there will be online changes, so:

1. Was there any online updates at all after you filed VAWA application? 
  2. Did you get an update after your VAWA was approved?

Got an update that my i485 was transferred to another office..(Vermont) then after my VAWA was approved..my i485 was transferred to my local office..I got the update! I usually get all notifications regarding the progress of my cases! 

20 minutes ago, nap_o said:

I received 1 RFE in almost 2 years. I filed Aug 22 2017 and Jan 29 2019 they requested good moral character RFE, because I only submitted clearance criminal letter from the city I lived in for less than 6 months. This RFE could not be delivered to my mailbox (Still don't know why) and after many attempts to get them to send a new one they finally did on May 4 2019... 🤯 RFE was already expired and it took me a long time (1.5 months) to gather all clearance letters from all the places I've lived prior filing VAWA (I've lived in many different countries) 

on top of that I was arrested for battery (misdimeanor) in Miami when I defended myself and admitted to the cops I scratched my ex (case was dismissed). My neighbors called the police because they knew he was beating me. 

Still after all the facts my VAWA WAS APPROVED! BY THE MERCY OF GOD, he knows how much I've suffered.

I am sure they can send multiple RFE's and you getting approved, at least it means they're working on your case, right? 

So keep your hopes up and stay strong, if you're a believer pray on his name and be patient!  Don't worry, everything will fall into place. 

Thank you so much for your statement. It really makes me feel more confident about my future 🙏🏻🌟 

11 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

@Screecher, @Shroy123, @Stillwinning!!!😊

Thank you! It is very nerve wracking to have to wait... I know I am almost done... I will stop watching my online account. 

It is hard when you know had all documents with you to get an answer in the 

moment. I will try to stay cool!

Good to hear that @FridayGirl@69 you gotta look after yourself! Mentally and otherwise, for your own wellbeing!👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Got an update that my i485 was transferred to another office..(Vermont) then after my VAWA was approved..my i485 was transferred to my local office..I got the update! I usually get all notifications regarding the progress of my cases! 

Thanks! hopefully I hear about transfer soon. Best to you dear!

4 hours ago, Goyo said:

VAWA applicants: if you are/were married to a U.S. citizen you have to wait 3 years. If you are/were married to a LPR you have to wait 5. 

Non-VAWA: If you’re still together with US citizen spouse: 3 years. If you are divorced: 5 years. If you are/were married to a LPR then I’m not sure, I’m guessing 5 years after getting your GC.

Edited by staypositive

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Good to hear that @FridayGirl@69 you gotta look after yourself! Mentally and otherwise, for your own wellbeing!👍

@FridayGirl@69 when I enter my case numbers it shows blank too, I am still waiting for interview notice. Don’t worry, there must be a problem with their system!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.