starwars82

How long does it take for NVC to get accepted petition from USCIS?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, sbarbie1914 said:

The U.S. Department of State website says:

image.thumb.png.61b4a0b7fd2c42bfd011af657eb1133c.png

The six weeks is a guide not a guarantee. USCIS has 90 days from the approval receipt date to send it to nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our case was approved on the 6th, today we got a new update saying it: 

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On August 13, 2019, we sent your case, Receipt Number , to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

So it seams to be moving fast so keep checking it, we are waiting for our letter with the NVC number and what to do next too! EXCITED!

On 8/13/2019 at 9:57 PM, f-22 said:

On August 13, 2019, we sent your case, Receipt Number , to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

So it seams to be moving fast so keep checking it, we are waiting for our letter with the NVC number and what to do next too! EXCITED!

Wow...we were approved on 7/31 I hope I get that update soon! Good luck! 

On 8/14/2019 at 12:57 AM, f-22 said:

Where did you get this update USCIS website?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think there is a lot of variability.

My NOA2 was dated July 17. I called NVC and they told me they received my application on August 2. In total, about 2 weeks for me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, designguy said:

The six weeks is a guide not a guarantee. USCIS has 90 days from the approval receipt date to send it to nvc

that's not right they just reviewing docs send july 9, 2019 why would the skip over the july 18 and reach july 25

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kedked said:

that's not right they just reviewing docs send july 9, 2019 why would the skip over the july 18 and reach july 25

I am not sure what you are saying, your sentence doesn't really make sense. I believe NVC generally processes cases as in the order they come in but not necessarily always the case. However the issue is with USCIS sending NVC the petition. Just because you receive an approval notice DOES NOT mean that USCIS has actually sent the case to NVC. For example for me I received an approval notice with a receipt date of May 5th however on the USCIS site the status did not update to "Case was Sent to the State Department" until July 3. I called and received my case number from NVC on July 18th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, designguy said:

I am not sure what you are saying, your sentence doesn't really make sense. I believe NVC generally processes cases as in the order they come in but not necessarily always the case. However the issue is with USCIS sending NVC the petition. Just because you receive an approval notice DOES NOT mean that USCIS has actually sent the case to NVC. For example for me I received an approval notice with a receipt date of May 5th however on the USCIS site the status did not update to "Case was Sent to the State Department" until July 3. I called and received my case number from NVC on July 18th

I was responding to some who posted that on nvc as of 12 august 2019 they r reviewing case send in july 25, 2019 I was telling them that is not true they r just reviewing case send in july 9, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.