skipperdee

K1 Filers - July / August NOA2 - Montreal

523 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I am currently waiting for response from Montreal for packet 3 or 4.

My question is that :

1. I've sent Packet 3 in two weeks ago, and then was asked for Canadian status verification, which was sent and on Nov 13 received an email "do not schedule apt until I hear from visa unit".

how long should I wait. Do I Need to send in Packet 3 again to try to speed up the process.

2. Also for Police Clearance can anyone direct me if it has to be with or without fingerprint. and how long did either one of these take?

3. For Pictures, I have two albums one for engagement and one that is of the meetings in between. Do I still need pictures printed separate on put on blank sheet of paper with details - I've read different things.

4. Does the applicant need the petitioner's original birth certificate with translation and original US citizenship certificate or copy of US passport?

5. For tax affidavit so far I have 2018 - 1040 and letter from employment - is this sufficient.

6. I am currently in the area of Vancouver - if any suggestions for any of the fingerprint or police certificates that are faster.

7. Should my fiancé plan on staying in Montreal while waiting for passport if granted visa, because he will be flying from Vancouver and can't really travel without passport, does he have an option to pick up passport with visa next day.

Timeline

Hello,

11/4/19: Packet 3 sent

11/5/19: response from MTL for Canadian immigration Status

11/5/19: Work permit copy sent

11/13/19: MTL response "We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional information provided. We will forward your information to the visa unit for review and next steps to take to continue processing your K-1 Fiancé Visa. Please be advised that you are not eligible at this time to schedule an appointment, until you receive instructions from the visa unit to do so. "

I do understand that from 11/7/19 to 11/13/19 the MTL embassy was moving and due to that it might have caused a delay.

My question on behalf of my fiancé waiting in Canada are :

1. After receiving response on 11/13/19 from MTL how long should I wait? Do I Need to send in Packet 3 again to try to speed up the process?

2. Also for Police Clearance can anyone direct if it has to be with or without fingerprint. and how long did either one of these take?

3. For Pictures, my fiancé has two albums one for engagement and one that is of the meetings in between. Does he still need pictures printed separate or put on blank sheet of paper with details - I've read different things.

4. Are original birth certificate with translation required for both myself and my Fiancé.

5. For my US status does my fiancé need my original US citizenship certificate or copy of US passport?

6. For tax affidavit so far I have 2018 - 1040 and letter from employment - is this sufficient.

6. My fiancé is currently in the area of Vancouver - if any suggestions for any of the fingerprint or police certificates that are faster.

7. Should my fiancé plan on staying in Montreal while waiting for passport if granted visa, because he will be flying from Vancouver and can't really travel without passport, does he have an option to pick up passport with visa next day.

I am sure somewhere on Visa journey someone may have answered some of these questions, but I am finding lots of material. Just want to make sure my fiancé has everything possible when it is time for the interview.

Sorry for repost, the other response did not have all the details.

Thank You in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, NGill said:

Hi I am going to try to answer

Hello,

11/4/19: Packet 3 sent

11/5/19: response from MTL for Canadian immigration Status

11/5/19: Work permit copy sent

11/13/19: MTL response "We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional information provided. We will forward your information to the visa unit for review and next steps to take to continue processing your K-1 Fiancé Visa. Please be advised that you are not eligible at this time to schedule an appointment, until you receive instructions from the visa unit to do so. "

I do understand that from 11/7/19 to 11/13/19 the MTL embassy was moving and due to that it might have caused a delay.

My question on behalf of my fiancé waiting in Canada are :

1. After receiving response on 11/13/19 from MTL how long should I wait? Do I Need to send in Packet 3 again to try to speed up the process?

No you don't need as they ask you for the work permit, its a normal process for non canadian citizen. I had also too. Now you just need to wait the packet 4 then you would be able to schedule your appointment.

2. Also for Police Clearance can anyone direct if it has to be with or without fingerprint. and how long did either one of these take?

with fingerprint as stated "a fingerprint-based, certified criminal record check REQUESTED UNDER THE CANADIAN PRIVACY ACT from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is required by U.S. Consular posts in Canada"  see below pic and I put the link where you will find all the answers you need for the documents and original documents you will to bring for K1 Visa.

image.thumb.png.691cff20e6b40c486dfc98497e58e2d3.png

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

3. For Pictures, my fiancé has two albums one for engagement and one that is of the meetings in between. Does he still need pictures printed separate or put on blank sheet of paper with details - I've read different things.

take all the pictures you have as evedences, although they didnt even ask at the interview for me, but it will be usefull i guess of AOS interview in the future.

4. Are original birth certificate with translation required for both myself and my Fiancé.

the beneficiary (fiancé) with certified translation.

5. For my US status does my fiancé need my original US citizenship certificate or copy of US passport?

copy of your passport is enough (only US citizen has a US Passport)

6. For tax affidavit so far I have 2018 - 1040 and letter from employment - is this sufficient.

best is "IRS Transcript return" but give him the max you can to show that you have enough money (bank statement, eployment letter showing that is a pemanent contract, salary, position..) the more you can show of financial evidences the better.

6. My fiancé is currently in the area of Vancouver - if any suggestions for any of the fingerprint or police certificates that are faster.

check RCMP website or call them and ask for "certified criminal record check REQUESTED UNDER THE CANADIAN PRIVACY ACT from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police"

I tried to check for you but the RMCP website doesnt seems working, usually it will a third party company which are working with the federal authorities, they will get fingerprints and perfom a criminal record check, it could take 2 weeks but could much more if they actually find something...so its something you should do asap.

he could travel without passport in Canada, passport is needed to go outside the country, All he needs to travel within Canada, is a canadian ID and his work permit (original one) I am in Toronto, I took a flight to go to montreal for the interview and came back to toronto with only my driver license,

I am not canadian citizen and I am also in Canada with awork permit.

I am sure somewhere on Visa journey someone may have answered some of these questions, but I am finding lots of material. Just want to make sure my fiancé has everything possible when it is time for the interview.

Sorry for repost, the other response did not have all the details.

Thank You in advance.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#6

Edited by sammy0013

Timeline
12 hours ago, NGill said:

responses below:

- it won't harm if you send it to them again. we sent packet3 twice and got the packet4 the next day. timeframe? no specific guideline but we resent the packet3 after our 2nd ready (date change but ready status remained). however, pls note that nothing will expedite the process.

- fingerprint is the requirement. it took 10 days for me after i went to novel notary to apply for the fingerprint RCMP police cert.

- we created a collage of sorts (pictures + plane tickets + description) for every meeting - one meeting one page. no rfe.

- beneficiary's original birth certificate is required (with translation if not in english). i, however, have my petitioner's original bc, just in case. but was never asked during interview. please photocopy all originals. you need to hand them the photocopies after they see the original.

- i have with me my petitioner's original US citizenship certificate, copy of US passport, and copy of driver's license  as proof of domicile during the interview. CO never asked for these documents. not even listed in the order of documents given upon entry (laminated paper).

- CO only took the most recent 2018 tax form and 2018 tax transcript from me. she asked for W2 but since petitioner is self-employed, not required. i volunteered to provide previous yrs tax forms and transcripts but CO declined. however, some of us here were asked for the last 3 years of tax documents. just be ready. laminated paper listed 'most recent' tax forms.

- check commissionaires.ca and search an office near your area.

- no such service (pick-up visa after interview or next day). upon signing up at ais.usvisa-info.com and choosing your appointment, you'll be asked where to pick up your visa/passport (nearest canada post office). you can travel domestically without your passport. it is only a requirement if you cross any borders. my son and i stayed one night at an airbnb place so we can go early the next day and not in a rush or face unforeseen issues causing delay in our arrival at the consulate.

hope this helps.

Timeline
10 hours ago, wingman23 said:

- it won't harm if you send it to them again. we sent packet3 twice and got the packet4 the next day. timeframe? no specific guideline but we resent the packet3 after our 2nd ready (date change but ready status remained). however, pls note that nothing will expedite the process.

- fingerprint is the requirement. it took 10 days for me after i went to novel notary to apply for the fingerprint RCMP police cert.

- we created a collage of sorts (pictures + plane tickets + description) for every meeting - one meeting one page. no rfe.

- beneficiary's original birth certificate is required (with translation if not in english). i, however, have my petitioner's original bc, just in case. but was never asked during interview. please photocopy all originals. you need to hand them the photocopies after they see the original.

- i have with me my petitioner's original US citizenship certificate, copy of US passport, and copy of driver's license  as proof of domicile during the interview. CO never asked for these documents. not even listed in the order of documents given upon entry (laminated paper).

- CO only took the most recent 2018 tax form and 2018 tax transcript from me. she asked for W2 but since petitioner is self-employed, not required. i volunteered to provide previous yrs tax forms and transcripts but CO declined. however, some of us here were asked for the last 3 years of tax documents. just be ready. laminated paper listed 'most recent' tax forms.

- check commissionaires.ca and search an office near your area.

- no such service (pick-up visa after interview or next day). upon signing up at ais.usvisa-info.com and choosing your appointment, you'll be asked where to pick up your visa/passport (nearest canada post office). you can travel domestically without your passport. it is only a requirement if you cross any borders. my son and i stayed one night at an airbnb place so we can go early the next day and not in a rush or face unforeseen issues causing delay in our arrival at the consulate.

hope this helps.

Thank You.

I had requested the W2 for my past 3 years, but waiting to receive in mail. I file my own taxes and due to that I can't recall where I put them.

I work for California State Prison, at least it is a government job that is easy to verify.

Timeline

Passports with visa in my possession now!!!

woohoo!!!

off to the philippines before going to florida!!

aos thread, here i come... 😁

Timeline

Passports and Visa on Hand!!!!

You can take your time or not but in our case... being  proactive with the process took exactly 7 months and  7 days from mailing  the application to passports on hand  🖐 🤚 

Thanks for all the support and Good Luck to Everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, wingman23 said:

Passports with visa in my possession now!!!

woohoo!!!

off to the philippines before going to florida!!

aos thread, here i come... 😁

1 hour ago, CON said:

Passports and Visa on Hand!!!!

You can take your time or not but in our case... being  proactive with the process took exactly 7 months and  7 days from mailing  the application to passports on hand  🖐 🤚 

Thanks for all the support and Good Luck to Everyone!

Congrats guys !!! 🥳🥳🥳

Timeline

Passport and visa in hand this afternoon!! Fiancé entering tomorrow, Manhattan City Hall on Friday!

Congrats everyone, see you for AOS🥂

Timeline
7 hours ago, pandp said:

Passport and visa in hand this afternoon!! Fiancé entering tomorrow, Manhattan City Hall on Friday!

Congrats everyone, see you for AOS🥂

hi @pandp , which courier  did they use for the premium shipping?

Timeline
2 hours ago, wingman23 said:

hi @pandp , which courier  did they use for the premium shipping?

Hey @wingman23, they sent ours by Purolator. Arrived in one business day. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, pandp said:

Hey @wingman23, they sent ours by Purolator. Arrived in one business day. 

thanks.

mine arrived yesterday too but didn't use the premium shipping.

goodluck with everything. aos next. ;)

Timeline
12 minutes ago, wingman23 said:

thanks.

mine arrived yesterday too but didn't use the premium shipping.

goodluck with everything. aos next. ;)

I’m pretty sure that DHL express is used for express shipping. Mine was issued today and my tracking number was on a purolator email and when I clicked on it it took me to the DHL express page. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.