NVC document rejection

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, VIREN said:

Don’t know exactly what they need

It literally says here:

image.thumb.png.13d1204eb91eed099316c62d7e5fc70b.png

It is asking you to replace youpassport biodata page, you know the one with the photo. Looks like the one you attached was not acceptable to them, hence the word "replace"

Wow, seems a little ####### to me.... have they never heard of rotate file when it comes to reading upside down documents? 😂😂

feeling sorry for you... but please, once they finally accept write up here a how to keep them happy list, so we can all follow and not get held up by them 🙏 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, Duke & Marie said:

Wow, seems a little ####### to me.... have they never heard of rotate file when it comes to reading upside down documents? 😂😂

feeling sorry for you... but please, once they finally accept write up here a how to keep them happy list, so we can all follow and not get held up by them 🙏 

Hey Duke and Marie,

My documents were finally reviewed. All but one was accepted. The passport was just a case of scanning the passport photo again and uploading (it looked exactly the same as last time, so I really think it depends on how angry the person checking is that day), I-864 forms just had to be signed (we think our lawyer screwed up and uploaded the unsigned copies, as they were signed by my sponsor).

The only think that was not accepted was letter from my sponsors accountancy firm stating that we will not be submitting 2018 taxes at this time as an extension was lodged. However it appears they are not happy with this and said I need to upload 2018 taxes.

I hope this aides you in someway. This will be my fourth attempt. So my advice is to take your time, make sure everything is 100%. A few extra days means nothing compared to hearing you have to resubmit after 6 weeks (current time for them to review).

Best of luck  

Before submitting look at your files. You can preview it. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

1 minute ago, JMPM said:

Before submitting look at your files. You can preview it. 

Thanks, however we are not the ones uploading it therefore can not preview them.

Just now, AndyRoo6 said:

Thanks, however we are not the ones uploading it therefore can not preview them.

If your immigration lawyer is messing things up. Fire them, and take charge of your case. It seems like they are being amateurs about it. Remember you're the one that is vested in the case. They are just following the motions and not paying attention. 

I am no lawyer but I do know horizontal scans was a big no no. I also know putting multiple types of files as one pdf is a no no as well. I pretty much had 1 scan per document. Upright. Checked it so many times on all the previews. I had my wife login to make sure it looked good on her end. 

I mean there's some good lawyers, and there's a lot of bad ones. 

If your case is simple and nothing complicated. You probably don't need a lawyer you can DIY it. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

3 minutes ago, JMPM said:

If your immigration lawyer is messing things up. Fire them, and take charge of your case. It seems like they are being amateurs about it. Remember you're the one that is vested in the case. They are just following the motions and not paying attention. 

I am no lawyer but I do know horizontal scans was a big no no. I also know putting multiple types of files as one pdf is a no no as well. I pretty much had 1 scan per document. Upright. Checked it so many times on all the previews. I had my wife login to make sure it looked good on her end. 

I mean there's some good lawyers, and there's a lot of bad ones. 

If your case is simple and nothing complicated. You probably don't need a lawyer you can DIY it. 

You are 100% on the money! However she holds all our documents in her possession and was paid 18 months ago :(. So with one document left to submit we just want her to finish it off ( I hope I don't live to regret those words).

But everything you said was so correct. It really is not that hard, and even before submitting these documents at every point her and her paralegals were hopeless. In hindsight, we should have ditched her 6 months ago when we started the NVC process.

p.s you sound way more competent than she is...can we hire you!

2 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

You are 100% on the money! However she holds all our documents in her possession and was paid 18 months ago :(. So with one document left to submit we just want her to finish it off ( I hope I don't live to regret those words).

But everything you said was so correct. It really is not that hard, and even before submitting these documents at every point her and her paralegals were hopeless. In hindsight, we should have ditched her 6 months ago when we started the NVC process.

p.s you sound way more competent than she is...can we hire you!

Save your money it's not hard :P 

Check on her work. Login CEAC and make sure whatever they do next is done correctly.  I don't know how these lawyers even stay in business. Hopefully you can leave a review with some screenshots of your issues. It sucks, but hopefully your journey comes to the finish line soon. 

Take charge with your Removal of conditions if you have to deal with that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.