Jump to content
AndyRoo6

NVC document rejection

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

We had a number of documents (civil and financial) rejected from the NVC. Some were approved.

 

All the necessary corrections were made and the documents were resubmitted on July 8th. However we are still are waiting for them to be reviewed again.

 

Does anyone know what the go is with this process? Do we go 'to the back of the line', so to speak? In other words, if we have to re-submit documents again, will we have to wait another month? (until the submitted date matches the reviewing documents date)

 

Any insight on the above would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!!

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 12:27 PM, AndyRoo6 said:

Hello,

 

We had a number of documents (civil and financial) rejected from the NVC. Some were approved.

 

All the necessary corrections were made and the documents were resubmitted on July 8th. However we are still are waiting for them to be reviewed again.

 

Does anyone know what the go is with this process? Do we go 'to the back of the line', so to speak? In other words, if we have to re-submit documents again, will we have to wait another month? (until the submitted date matches the reviewing documents date)

 

Any insight on the above would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!!

 

Andy

How long was it the first time? for us it was 2-3 week after every re-submission 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Thanks Brendaaa!

 

it took 3.5 weeks the first time and this time it took exactly 5 week. 

 

More rejected documents again unfortunately. Back to to square one 😔

 

Do they explain why they were rejected?

 

I want to try and be very meticulous at that step, so trying to understand exactly what they're complaining about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pinano,

 

It has been for some of the most ridiculous reasons. We are lucky enough to have been able to enlist the help of an immigration lawyer, and even then that has not smoothed the process. 

 

Reasons such as:

 

the document has been submitted horizontally rather than vertically... no joke.

 

2018 US tax return for my wife and father in law (sponsor) not submitted - even though he is an accountant and we flagged that an extension has been filed.

 

documents not signed or not clear - even though they were scanned in high resolution and so clear a blind person could read them! And most definitely signed.

 

It feels like they are being rejected just because at this stage. 

 

I guess all all you can do is follow every little step and hope you don’t have them assessed by someone who has a bug up their #######!

 

best of luck 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nativityy said:

It took them 4 weeks to review our resubmitted doc. Just make sure you know what exactly was wrong with the docs and have the person over the phone at NVC take a look at them so it won't be delayed again.

Will they actually do that? If you call the NVC I mean. Because there is no actual legitimate reason/s they have stated. When they say documents are not clear or signed, they are incorrect.

 

Our lawyer has told us this is common now with the new online system, but it feels a little pointless to resubmit the exact same documents again. Or to have documents resigned with a new date and uploaded again.

 

So confused and frustrated.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Will they actually do that? If you call the NVC I mean. Because there is no actual legitimate reason/s they have stated. When they say documents are not clear or signed, they are incorrect.

 

Our lawyer has told us this is common now with the new online system, but it feels a little pointless to resubmit the exact same documents again. Or to have documents resigned with a new date and uploaded again.

 

So confused and frustrated.

 

 

Yes that was the only way I could actually fix the "wrong" upload. I asked the officer to directly open my file and tell me exactly what was wrong with it and he even gave me tips. Try scanning it with camscanner and uploading it as a pdf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nativityy said:

Yes that was the only way I could actually fix the "wrong" upload. I asked the officer to directly open my file and tell me exactly what was wrong with it and he even gave me tips. Try scanning it with camscanner and uploading it as a pdf.

Do you know the right number to call? Is it +1 603 334 0700?

 

I questioned our immigration lawyer about calling for us and she claims " When calling NVC the person answering the phone has no access to the actual case file.  It’s just a basic customer service person that we reach.  Calling will shed no light on the issue."

 

But she has been less than helpful throughout the process, so I am unsure.

 

Thanks for the tips on scanning!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Do you know the right number to call? Is it +1 603 334 0700?

 

I questioned our immigration lawyer about calling for us and she claims " When calling NVC the person answering the phone has no access to the actual case file.  It’s just a basic customer service person that we reach.  Calling will shed no light on the issue."

 

But she has been less than helpful throughout the process, so I am unsure.

 

Thanks for the tips on scanning!

 

 

yes, that's the right number and they do have access, but be warned that not all of the reps are willing to take their time and look into your file so you may have to try a couple of times until you have a good person on the other end of the line. I got lucky on my first try by asking really nicely for the person to look into my file... He pulled it up in about 5-10 minutes as I waited on hold. I heard that sometimes they actually don't see anything wrong and ring it up to a supervisor to fix it because it doesn't make sense to have to upload the exact same file and wait for another 3-4 weeks. And as for lawyers -- they sometimes can't keep up with the ever-changing process so the best info comes out of the people who recently experienced a similar case as you. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nativityy said:

yes, that's the right number and they do have access, but be warned that not all of the reps are willing to take their time and look into your file so you may have to try a couple of times until you have a good person on the other end of the line. I got lucky on my first try by asking really nicely for the person to look into my file... He pulled it up in about 5-10 minutes as I waited on hold. I heard that sometimes they actually don't see anything wrong and ring it up to a supervisor to fix it because it doesn't make sense to have to upload the exact same file and wait for another 3-4 weeks. And as for lawyers -- they sometimes can't keep up with the ever-changing process so the best info comes out of the people who recently experienced a similar case as you. Good luck!

Thank you! Yes it definitely does seem that everyone on here knows much more than our hopeless lawyer!

 

I spent over an hour on the line but eventually got to speak with a lovely rep. Definitely helped clear up a few unanswered questions.

 

fingers crossed it’s third time lucky 🍀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, VIREN said:

Today i received a mail from nvc given below. screenshot attached. suggestion please

F7FD83BF-659E-46F7-8462-D77DC1DCCB37.jpeg

 

Uhmmm do what you are being asked of? It cannot get more straightforward than that.

 

They need the passport page with photo ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, saladboye said:

 

Uhmmm do what you are being asked of? It cannot get more straightforward than that.

 

They need the passport page with photo ?

 

Don’t know exactly what they need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...