Saa Isha

Skype marriage (pakistan) spouse visa (merged)

151 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Danny10 said:

This may work for documents like Tax Returns(if her spouse filed taxes as "Married Filing Jointly" or "Married Filing Separately"). 

But, a new petition is needed if she shows a marriage certificate from 2020.

@Maheen marry what address/location did you provide on the Pakistan marriage certificate, for your husband? Just want to know if it lists the US address or not?

I will discuss about taxes thanks

New petitioner would be needed what does it mean ? I am confuse and btw I am beneficiary 

thirdly , Pakistani address mentioned because registering done in pakistan 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Rose711 said:

If you are meeting again in person, can you do another wedding  and get a certificate of your marriage? 

I’m not an expert. My best advice is to say you found out the proxy marriage isn’t valid in the US so you did another ceremony. I’m not sure why you didn’t do that the first time.

i don’t know if your marriage certificate in Pakistan will hurt your case if it’s not a legal marriage in the US. You are better off not relying on that proxy marriage and your Pakistan certificate as evidence of your marriage. 

Due to traveling problem he was unable to attend the marriage ceremony so we did online and without nikkah starts chatting gossip is sin so that is why we did online marriage in order to start conversation easily 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Maheen marry said:

Due to traveling problem he was unable to attend the marriage ceremony so we did online and without nikkah starts chatting gossip is sin so that is why we did online marriage in order to start conversation easily 

8 years in KSA taught me to call it like I smell it.

The US government is full aware that you can chat and even spend time together in the most backwards of extremist households if a mahram is present with you.  

In addition your religion forbids denying a husband opportunity to see and speak to his future wife BEFORE marriage, views otherwise will not be well- received at either the interview or petition stage.

So - it appears that you skype married illegally for nothing (and) seem to have a whole set of rather extremist views that are not actually aligned with your religion.  

Your husband did online marriage to skip the trouble of doing it legally and correctly and that is all that this case is about.  

Edited by Nitas_man

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maheen marry said:

I will discuss about taxes thanks

New petitioner would be needed what does it mean ? I am confuse and btw I am beneficiary 

thirdly , Pakistani address mentioned because registering done in pakistan 

A new petition means "filing the forms again". 

Your spouse doesnt live in Pakistan. He wasn't even present "physically" for the Nikah. Why would the groom's current address be in Pakistan? What document suggests that this was a "skype"/online Nikah?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

8 years in KSA taught me to call it like I smell it.

The US government is full aware that you can chat and even spend time together in the most backwards of extremist households if a mahram is present with you.  

In addition your religion forbids denying a husband opportunity to see and speak to his future wife BEFORE marriage, views otherwise will not be well- received at either the interview or petition stage.

So - it appears that you skype married illegally for nothing (and) seem to have a whole set of rather extremist views that are not actually aligned with your religion.  

Your husband did online marriage to skip the trouble of doing it legally and correctly and that is all that this case is about.  

Not all are same but this is occur in our family and we follow them someone do not care but we are very much care ok thanks 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Maheen marry said:

Not all are same but this is occur in our family and we follow them someone do not care but we are very much care ok thanks 

U know nothing about us your information is wrong now thank you for giving us time here now no more comment please i am off now let me see what will happen God grace of All God will always help honest people bye all peace out ✌️ no more comments 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Maheen marry said:

U know nothing about us your information is wrong now thank you for giving us time here now no more comment please i am off now let me see what will happen God grace of All God will always help honest people bye all peace out ✌️ no more comments 

I am already stress out here. I came here to get good suggestions/some useful advices but only one comment gave me useful advice . And I am not an attorney you people just know how to argue with me instead of helping me out. Facebook is better then this platform at least they respect our thoughts religion. He is my husband and we love each other cannot live with out each other and no matter what there is impossibilities but he is my life I want only solution here  But @nitas u hurt me now no more comments please 

If you want to close the thread, report your post and a mod will do so for you.

If the "no more comments" was directed at an individual, then that is a violation of this site's TOS to restrict somebody from using the forums.

I see very little hate on this platform. Facebook is swarming with it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
3 hours ago, Danny10 said:

A new petition means "filing the forms again". 

Your spouse doesnt live in Pakistan. He wasn't even present "physically" for the Nikah. Why would the groom's current address be in Pakistan? What document suggests that this was a "skype"/online Nikah?

In our country this is done by lot of people ok and our country has registered legally No more comment plz if donot know about our country 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

If the "no more comments" was directed at an individual, then that is a violation of this site's TOS to restrict somebody from using the forums.

1 minute ago, Maheen marry said:

In our country this is done by lot of people ok and our country has registered legally No more comment plz if donot know about our country 

TOS violation reported.

Timeline
Just now, Maheen marry said:
8 minutes ago, geowrian said:

How to report ok thank you yes it seems he and she both just thread me they know nothing just start comments i am new member of it 

14 minutes ago, Maheen marry said:

How to report ok thank you yes it seems he and she both just thread me they know nothing just start comments i am new member of it 

There's a report icon next to each post. I think on mobile it's a flag icon.

If you confirm you want it closed, I will report it for you.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Maheen marry said:

It is legal in Pakistan yes, however the marriage is not legally recognized by the US state that your husband lives in, this is the big issue: whether or not USCIS will find your marriage to be legal for immigration when the marriage is not legal in the state your husband lives in

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

There's a report icon next to each post. I think on mobile it's a flag icon.

If you confirm you want it closed, I will report it for you.

Thank you so much I did report yes If you want you do also ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.