Saa Isha

Skype marriage (pakistan) spouse visa (merged)

151 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

It's the same issue, the OP of the first thread was posting for her friend. the friend is now here posting the same thing. 

As I under stand the events is that only the proxy marriage 2016 was registered. (in Pakistan not the State where the USC was present)

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the USC lives in a state that does not recognize proxy marriages. So they are not legally married, as he was in the US not in Pakistan. So proxy marriage is basically void.

The wedding in 2018 was nothing but for show they never registered it and possible too late to register now. 

No point worrying about filling taxes a married they are not married as it wasn't legal in the State the USC was in at the time.

I don't see this petition going too far before it is noticed. 

They need to plan to get married the right way this time and start over. 

U mean we have to go again meet in person and bring marriage certificate?? 

If you want to try to get a US immigrant visa, you will need to have a legal marriage, and correct documentation of that marriage.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Maheen marry said:

We are about to go again to that country to meet so, my question is should we do again marriage certificate or not necessary?

If your attorney filed already what’s the point of these questions

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Maheen marry said:

If they do rfe in case and can request for the marriage certificate in person ? I just confuse 

If they send you an RFE and you send them a marriage certificate dated after your petition was filed then your case will be denied.  

A person who is not legally married cannot petition for a spouse.  Meaning at this point there is nothing you can do.

Advice was given in the first thread.  Based on the laws of your husband’s state of residence I do not believe your husband legally married you.  The US has laws and your husband did not follow them.  It appears he visited you at least once, and missed an opportunity to do this properly.

At this point, there is no more advice that can be given to you other than meet, get married, prepare to file a new petition, and prepare to start over.

If you are meeting again in person, can you do another wedding  and get a certificate of your marriage? 

I’m not an expert. My best advice is to say you found out the proxy marriage isn’t valid in the US so you did another ceremony. I’m not sure why you didn’t do that the first time.

i don’t know if your marriage certificate in Pakistan will hurt your case if it’s not a legal marriage in the US. You are better off not relying on that proxy marriage and your Pakistan certificate as evidence of your marriage. 

Edited by Rose711

Timeline
4 hours ago, Rose711 said:

My best advice is to say you found out the proxy marriage isn’t valid in the US so you did another ceremony. 

This may work for documents like Tax Returns(if her spouse filed taxes as "Married Filing Jointly" or "Married Filing Separately"). 

But, a new petition is needed if she shows a marriage certificate from 2020.

@Maheen marry what address/location did you provide on the Pakistan marriage certificate, for your husband? Just want to know if it lists the US address or not?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.