Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2020 at 10:42 AM, Grant & Bri said:

Oh okay thanks, did they provide you with a tracking number? My case changed to Card was mailed to me last night 

Not really. The tracker USICS system (app) told me when it was mailed

Cata

On 1/31/2020 at 10:28 PM, pasadenagirl said:

for those who received their cards for EAD and AP first, how long did it take for them to schedule your interview from the time you received your combo cards? thank you 😊❤️

California filer here

My wife's case status changed to interview scheduled 20 days after her EAD status changed to new card is being produced. Of course, the timeline depends on your field office. I am in Southern California and the link below was incredibly accurate. Our interview is a day after the low end of the estimate time range. Hope this helps :) 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

1 hour ago, Alex2020 said:

My wife's case status changed to interview scheduled 20 days after her EAD status changed to new card is being produced. Of course, the timeline depends on your field office. I am in Southern California and the link below was incredibly accurate. Our interview is a day after the low end of the estimate time range. Hope this helps :)

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

thank you so much 😊 I am as well from south cali ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

just received my interview notice yesterday. The new interview date is in March. I had actually received interview notice last 3 weeks but 4 days after received another cancellation for no reason. We called to USCIS and was told to wait for a new date and the reason for cancellation or reschedule is unknown 😂 Anyway we have the new date and its 3 weeks after the first date which is not too bad. hope everything goes smooth!

My timeline:

8/7: AOS Submission

8/17: NOA

9/5: Biometrics

10/10: Ready to be Scheduled

12/6: Combo Card Received

1/8: Interview Scheduled

1/13: Interview (first) Notice Received

1/17: Interview Cancellation Notice

1/20: Call USCIS

1/29: Ready to be Scheduled (updated again)

2/3: Interview Notice Received

Hope everyone can get their updates soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Shennie said:

I hot an rfe Dec 19, 2019. They received my response Jan 7, I have not gotten any update since. Got rfe for I 130

Same literally just 10 days after ur reponse sent mine what's ur pd and location??

My wife and I were approved after a three week wait from our interview!

We did not hear anything back from USCIS until our acceptance.  

Even though we were approved, I believe we could have done a better job in preparing for the interview.  I think we were almost too casual about it since we thought our relationship was so obvious. Even if it is, you still need to make sure you know all of the information on your Petition by heart!  It is even harder to remember some things when you are nervous during the interview and I think more preparation would have made me a lot less nervous..

In any case I do want to thank everyone here and this community for this vast wealth of information.  Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about interviewing in the LA Office.

Timeline: 

8/20/19 I-485 submitted

9/16/19 biometrics

12/9/19 interview scheduled

12/15/19 EAD/AP approved

1/10/20 interview

1/31/20 Approved, card in production

Edited by gangnamstyle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
3 hours ago, gangnamstyle said:

My wife and I were approved after a three week wait from our interview!

We did not hear anything back from USCIS until our acceptance.  

Even though we were approved, I believe we could have done a better job in preparing for the interview.  I think we were almost too casual about it since we thought our relationship was so obvious. Even if it is, you still need to make sure you know all of the information on your Petition by heart!  It is even harder to remember some things when you are nervous during the interview and I think more preparation would have made me a lot less nervous..

In any case I do want to thank everyone here and this community for this vast wealth of information.  Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about interviewing in the LA Office.

Timeline: 

8/20/19 I-485 submitted

9/16/19 biometrics

12/9/19 interview scheduled

12/15/19 EAD/AP approved

1/10/20 interview

1/31/20 Approved, card in production

Congratz! Do you have a list of documents you prepared for the intv? How about the intv questions? was it tough?

On 1/28/2020 at 7:25 AM, ces07 said:

I'm getting frustrated now. The last update I received was from November 14 (Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received). Can I call the 1-800-375-5283 after 5:00 PM PST? This is just for my wife's AOS. We didn't apply for EAD/AP.

I'm in the same boat as you, did calling help?

On 1/27/2020 at 5:28 AM, nyj215 said:

Out of interest, are there any (many?) August filers still waiting for EAD/AP?

We are mid-September filers and just trying to get a sense of things.  Some September filers do have theirs already but I am more interested in the prior months to see how many still waiting...

Thanks.

Case received August 5, had one RFE Oct 22, RFE received Oct. 28 and I'm just waiting for anything now, I called a couple times already, I going to give a call tomorrow when they open up.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Got my EAD approved today. I hope this give hope to the ones waiting. I wish you the best and a quick approval.

2018-03-28 Filed I-130

2019-08-08 Approved I-130

2019-08-20 Filed I-485 and I-765

2019-08-26 NOA for I-485 and I765

2019-08-30 Appointment for Biometrics
2019-09-18 Biometrics 

2019-09-24 Update on I-765 "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"

2019-12-16 Curtesy letter I-693

2019-12-23 Update on I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview"

2020-01-16 Update on I-485 "Interview was scheduled"

2020-02-06 Update on I-765 "New Card Is Being Produced"

2020-02-07 Update on I-765 "Case Was Approved"

2020-02-11 Update on I-765 "Card Was Mailed To Me"

2020-02-14 EAD in Mailbox

2020-02-21 Interview for I-485

2020-02-21 Update on I-485 "New Card Is Being Produced"

Hope timeline gives others help and hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

A question to the folk who have already received their EAD's... 

How long did it take for you to receive your EAD card after your case switched to "card is being produced"? Also, if you asked to be given an SSN alongside of it, did that arrive at the same time or did that arrive later? 

To anyone who answers this, thank you very much in advance ^_^!

Spoiler

🐇 Sent I-129F: 03/14/2019 

🐇 I-129F NOA1: 03/22/2019 (Received The 18th)

🐇 I-129F NOA2: 06/15/2019 (85 days)

🐇Case transferred to NVC & Case# assigned: 07/10/2019 (25 days) 

🐇 NVC left: 07/23/2019 

🐇 Consulate Received: 07/26/2019 (CEAC switched to ready on the 30th) 

🐇 Interview date: 08/05/2019 (Approved :D:wub:!!!) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.