Zara Mustafa

Visiting US on b1/b2 tourist visa while i130 is in process

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone! I visited the US a couple of years ago and i still have a valid tourist visa. My i130, however, was submitted last year in september by my husband. I have other family members in the United States aswell, and i want to visit them for a couple of weeks. Is it possible to travel on a tourist visa while i130 is still in process? Please advice and share your experience! Thanks🙏 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with @HRQX, I would also add bring any documents that show your ties to Pakistan, and keep your trip relatively short.

Good Luck!

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Zoyarajput076@g said:

You received approval notice from nebraska? Because my application also submit last September 

Hi, not yet. They have started processing august’s cases so lets see somewhere in next month iA. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I agree with @HRQX, I would also add bring any documents that show your ties to Pakistan, and keep your trip relatively short.

Good Luck!

Thank you!! Yes, I’m planning to for for like a week or two. Documents like a letter from my current employer and stuff right? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I visited 3 or 4 times between the submission and the approval of I-130. Never even was asked a question. But always make sure you have the appropriate paperwork or proof if was asked.

Expeditious Naturalization 319B (Experience Report)

CR1 I-130 NOA1: Apr 17 2017

Naturalization: Apr 11 2019  

US passport in hand: Apr 18 2019 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Qian said:

I visited 3 or 4 times between the submission and the approval of I-130. Never even was asked a question. But always make sure you have the appropriate paperwork or proof if was asked.

What type of paperwork or proof would be best to present if asked?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jacob_Malik said:

What type of paperwork or proof would be best to present if asked?

Your return ticket, your lease back home, insurance policy, pay slips, etc

I'm a firm believer of that if you have everything and legit, you probably will not be asked for anything to prove. 

Expeditious Naturalization 319B (Experience Report)

CR1 I-130 NOA1: Apr 17 2017

Naturalization: Apr 11 2019  

US passport in hand: Apr 18 2019 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Zoyarajput076@g said:

IA i m much worried about that 

I know it’s really frustrating. But from other people’s time lines its clear that the approval of nebraska service center comes in around 11-12 months. So dont worry, keep praying! 

19 hours ago, Zara Mustafa said:

Hey everyone! I visited the US a couple of years ago and i still have a valid tourist visa. My i130, however, was submitted last year in september by my husband. I have other family members in the United States aswell, and i want to visit them for a couple of weeks. Is it possible to travel on a tourist visa while i130 is still in process? Please advice and share your experience! Thanks🙏 

This is not a problem. My wife has traveled to the US several times to spend time with me. Just make sure you have evidence that show you intent to return to your country of residence. Examples, but not limited to: return tickets; job letter, auto loan statement (or any other loan statement); children school schedule/records, etc. Of course, this is assuming they ask you if you intended to migrate, then you'd show them such evidence, but ordinarily, if your record does not show up in their system, they most likely will not ask if you intent to migrate, so such documents would not be needed (but take with you just in case).

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zara Mustafa said:

I know it’s really frustrating. But from other people’s time lines its clear that the approval of nebraska service center comes in around 11-12 months. So dont worry, keep praying! 

You can try to apply for a K3 Visa and see if that shortens the time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Jacob_Malik said:

You can try to apply for a K3 Visa and see if that shortens the time.

K3 visas are no longer done, so no reason to try that. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.