Jump to content
mac.brilliance

repeat medical

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hey folks,

 

So i had my initial green card interview on Jan 24th 2019 and the chap said he would put me forward for approval however!

 

I got a letter the other day inviting me to another (it says initial interview too le sigh) in august and i'm wondering if i have to get my medical redone since it was done in april 2018 and now it's over a year old.

 

Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

hey folks,

 

So i had my initial green card interview on Jan 24th 2019 and the chap said he would put me forward for approval however!

 

I got a letter the other day inviting me to another (it says initial interview too le sigh) in august and i'm wondering if i have to get my medical redone since it was done in april 2018 and now it's over a year old.

 

Thoughts?

 

I made a topic similar to this before. Check it out, hopefully it can help you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, if your medical was done within 60 days of your AOS filing, no need as it will be valid for 2 years.


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

hey folks,

 

So i had my initial green card interview on Jan 24th 2019 and the chap said he would put me forward for approval however!

 

I got a letter the other day inviting me to another (it says initial interview too le sigh) in august and i'm wondering if i have to get my medical redone since it was done in april 2018 and now it's over a year old.

 

Thoughts?

 

There is lots of info on this topic if you use the search bar.

(In fact I've cut and pasted this response from the same question asked 20 minutes ago, lol).

 

If you filed AOS within one year of the overseas medical date, you completed all of your vaccines and they were transcribed to your DS3025 properly and your DS3025 is marked as complete, all you need to do is submit a photocopy of your copy of the DS3025 with I485 and bring your copy to the AOS interview as backup. 

 

It doesnt matter when your first interview was or when your second interview was. What matters is when you filed I485 for a K1.

 

The I693 should not be in a K1 AOS applicant's lingo even. If you followed the K1 AOS medical procedure, an I693 is irrelevant.Screenshot_20190701-120554_Chrome.thumb.jpg.81c016a1a3bc3c1bf79061ef2d68dc55.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, arken said:

Yeah, if your medical was done within 60 days of your AOS filing, no need as it will be valid for 2 years.

The OP is a K1 AOS filer.

I693 is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mac.brilliance said:

hey folks,

 

So i had my initial green card interview on Jan 24th 2019 and the chap said he would put me forward for approval however!

 

I got a letter the other day inviting me to another (it says initial interview too le sigh) in august and i'm wondering if i have to get my medical redone since it was done in april 2018 and now it's over a year old.

 

Thoughts?

 

Your timeline says that you were approved in January.... You were not?

 

If they invited you back for another round of interview I would most likely would not be worried about the medical but why they want to interview me again....

 

Usually if something is missing they just send an RFE asking you to mail in the missing stuff.

At least our IO said that at the interview when I asked if we need to come back since they were missing half of our K1 application and my medical. 

Edited by ineedadisplayname

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Your timeline says that you were approved in January.... You were not?

 

If they invited you back for another round of interview I would most likely not be worried about the medical but why they want to interview me again....

 

Usually if something is missing they just send an RFE asking to stuff to mail in....

I was a bit hasty in putting approved there! The guy said i would be approved within a few weeks of my interview in Jan, but that was just verbal. I am concerned about why they want a 2nd interview. The first guy was pretty enthusiastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

I was a bit hasty in putting approved there! The guy said i would be approved within a few weeks of my interview in Jan, but that was just verbal. I am concerned about why they want a 2nd interview. The first guy was pretty enthusiastic.

I would call USCIS and try to talk to a tier 2 to figure out if that is a mistake or they really want the two of you to go back to another interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I would call USCIS and try to talk to a tier 2 to figure out if that is a mistake or they really want the two of you to go back to another interview.

how do you talk to a tier 2? I called already asking and they just said to attend the interview again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

how do you talk to a tier 2? I called already asking and they just said to attend the interview again

You have to ask for it. I assume u told them that you already had an interview... Be nice but press on it that you want to talk to somebody who knows more than they do....

 

I won't want to imply anything, but do you have red flags or missed out some stuff on the K1 form or AOS form? They might found something they need to clarify. Or it might be a stokes interview....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

You have to ask for it. I assume u told them that you already had an interview... Be nice but press on it that you want to talk to somebody who knows more than they do....

 

I won't want to imply anything, but do you have red flags or missed out some stuff on the K1 form or AOS form? They might found something they need to clarify. Or it might be a stokes interview....

I was very clear on the phone about what the situation was, and i said i wanted to know if it was a mistake or not. I have no idea what they could want since the first interviewer was literally like "okay you are clearly in love i literally don't need to see anymore," whilst we kept trying to show him photos of us. 

 

What's a stokes interview? Is that the one where we are separated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

I was very clear on the phone about what the situation was, and i said i wanted to know if it was a mistake or not. I have no idea what they could want since the first interviewer was literally like "okay you are clearly in love i literally don't need to see anymore," whilst we kept trying to show him photos of us. 

 

What's a stokes interview? Is that the one where we are separated?

Yes.

Hmmmm maybe your first interviewer was not that good and now they review all his cases. Don't want to speculate or scare you. 

 

Prepare like you did for the first time.

Bring proof, maybe new proof too if you have any of continued relationship. Not sure if you want to spend $500-800 on a new medical if they didn't explicitly asked for it...

 

Please report back because I am super curious now about what they want. When is your new interview?

Edited by ineedadisplayname

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Yes.

Hmmmm maybe your first interviewer was not that good and now they review all their cases. Don't want to speculate or scare you. 

 

Prepare like you did for the first time.

Bring proof, maybe new proof too if you have any of continued relationship. Not sure if you want to spend $500-800 on a new medical if they didn't explicitly asked for it...

 

Please report back because I am super curious now about what they want. When is your new interview?

thats possible! we brought a metric tonne of photos and he didn't ask to see them, we were like WAIT LET US SHOW YOU PHOTOS OF US AND OUR CAT.

 

I don't want to spend anymore money on anything where possible, this process has been so expensive hehe. 

I shall!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...