Jeanne Adil

Our naturalization

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

on top of this and getting the new passport ,  we were both going to get the global entry from TSA

i just looked at the site and saw this 

Has anyone done the global entry and know if it is worth it?

The extended partial government shutdown has resulted in a substantial backlog of CBP's Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) applications and renewals.

Congrats! That red warning was already there when I applied in Feb. I thought I had to wait for a long time but I got my conditional approval in 7 days. Your problem might be getting an appt to your closest global entry center. Good thing this is not a problem in Orlando. Google 'global entry appointment schedule' to look at different locations and how booked those offices are . Good luck!

5 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

Your problem might be getting an appt to your closest global entry center.

Worst case they can do it upon arrival of the international flight.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

Congrats!

Global Entry is very worthwhile if you travel once a year internationally and a few times a year domestically as it includes TSA precheck.

Here is Mary's LAX immigration times:   Without Global Entry (but using citizen lane)  Immigration 20 minutes, customs 25 minutes.  With GE, immigration 3 minutes, customs 1 person ahead of her!

We just used it coming back from Montreal, combined with security priority lane,  probably saved an hour skipping all the lines.  I have had it since it started and saved tons of time especially when combined with the APEC card arriving at Pacific destinations.

One other thing is the download Mobile Passport app.  Sometimes those lines are even shorter and it is Free!  I've used it at DFW and JFK.  It is not available everywhere.

The caseload from the shutdown is caught up.  They don't maintain that site very well.

Note:  Green Card Holders can apply for Global Entry or Sentri but not Nexus

Thank you 

i have already looked up and they so interviews right at the Atlanta  airport

i think this is worth it 

2 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

Congrats! That red warning was already there when I applied in Feb. I thought I had to wait for a long time but I got my conditional approval in 7 days. Your problem might be getting an appt to your closest global entry center. Good thing this is not a problem in Orlando. Google 'global entry appointment schedule' to look at different locations and how booked those offices are . Good luck!

I applied for GE second week of May this year after I received my US passport, until now I'm still waiting for conditional approval. 

Based on the website, it will take up to 11 weeks to get the conditional approval. I don't mind waiting for 11 weeks since I will be traveling internationally this coming November

Hopefully I will get the conditional approval this months so I can schedule the interview right away, and I like the fact that they are open as early as 7am at the JFK airport, so I will schedule my interview there that time before going to work. :)

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Filed: Timeline
40 minutes ago, Lemon23 said:

I applied for GE second week of May this year after I received my US passport, until now I'm still waiting for conditional approval. 

Based on the website, it will take up to 11 weeks to get the conditional approval. I don't mind waiting for 11 weeks since I will be traveling internationally this coming November

Hopefully I will get the conditional approval this months so I can schedule the interview right away, and I like the fact that they are open as early as 7am at the JFK airport, so I will schedule my interview there that time before going to work. :)

I think I just got lucky that it was too early in the year for people to think about their summer travel plans and get GE.

At least you'll start at a major airport where there will be a TSA Pre lane anytime of the day! I first used TSA Pre last May on a late afternoon flight with not much passengers left going through security.  No more TSA Pre lane so I still have to remove everything! TSA couldn't be bothered to give me and my luggages or anyone with this benefit a tag or an ID or something so my luggage can just go through the same xray without removing m anything. O well, now I know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Global entry is nice, I don't use the TSA pre check domestically, but it's there. It's a free benefit of my primary credit card, so why not for free. Saved me 200 bucks. I use mobile passport more I think. And even with global entry I spent 2 hours in secondary one time, so it's not 100% your walking thru in 2 minutes.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

7 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

we finally made it

just have to wait now for the oath ceremony

WOW   long road 9 years from 1st K1 denial and thru an appeals court to be approved 

for those of you going thru a difficult path for your visa process

it is hard to wait

it is heartbreaking to be apart

immigration may at times seem heartless but they have a job clearly spelled out and they need to follow proceedure

stats in the Nashville office Friday said USCIS approves 26,000 applications daily 

and 78 adoptions daily

In  the end it is all worth it and there is a light at the end of this tunnel

good luck to all

Congrats!  I have been following your story.  Time to celebrate!  

4 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Note:  Green Card Holders can apply for Global Entry or Sentri but not Nexus

Good to know.  I want my husband to get it when he finally has his GC.  I got mine 3 years ago before traveling to NZ, and it was well worth it.

I even wondered at the time whether having gone through that benefitted us in any way for our K-1 process......?  As the background checks/vetting would have been done so recently.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Good to know.  I want my husband to get it when he finally has his GC.  I got mine 3 years ago before traveling to NZ, and it was well worth it.

I even wondered at the time whether having gone through that benefitted us in any way for our K-1 process......?  As the background checks/vetting would have been done so recently.

I doubt it helped as it was not for the immigrant that the security checks were done 

Just now, adil-rafa said:

I doubt it helped as it was not for the immigrant that the security checks were done 

I meant for me, as the petitioner.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Congrats!  I have been following your story.  Time to celebrate!  

when we have that oath and paper,  we will

big bon fire and Red Lobster dinner

and a trip next summer to Paris

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

I meant for me, as the petitioner.  

easy for USCIS to do your security checks /  done by computer in less than an  hour

1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

when we have that oath and paper,  we will

big bon fire and Red Lobster dinner

and a trip next summer to Paris

Nice!!

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

As the background checks/vetting would have been done so recently.

For the beneficiary, If you apply for it as soon as you are eligible there is less "new" background to check  ;)

The day Mary got her state ID in the mail - Boom! the application was submitted. 

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.