Scott.Whitnall

MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW (merged)

10 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Scott.Whitnall said:

Hi,

i have my interview booked. I have booked on a Monday. my medical is booked for the Friday before. Is that okay as it says it takes 5 days for the medical results, or do I need rearrange so I have my medical more than 5 days prior?

thanks

Which consulate?  My husband has his medical on a Monday, and interview on the Thursday of that week.  As it had only been three days, the consulate hadn't received the results, so we were in AP for a few days.  In all, it didn't make a difference of more than one week for the visa being issued. 

This was at the Auckland consulate, btw.  Other embassies and consulates may have their own rules about it.

4 hours ago, Scott.Whitnall said:

I am at the UK embassy 

You'll be better served if you ask your questions concerning the UK embassy in the UK forum.

London sub-forum on VJ

There are experts over in the sub-forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/  This is where others from your country who are processing or those who have completed their interview and they can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

A fellow VJ'r who just completed their visa interview

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/690372-my-whole-k1-experience/

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hi,

i have my medical booked for Monday 29th July. I have booked my medical for Friday 26th July in London as I live in the north of England and it makes more sense than travelling down twice.

However, I have just seen that it takes 5 days for your medical to be approved as such. Does this mean I need to rearrange my medical to take it to my interview?

has anyone done this before so close?

thanks

42 minutes ago, Scott.Whitnall said:

Hi,

i have my interview booked for Monday 29th July. I have booked my medical for Friday 26th July in London as I live in the north of England and it makes more sense than travelling down twice.

However, I have just seen that it takes 5 days for your medical to be approved as such. Does this mean I need to rearrange my medical to take it to my interview?

has anyone done this before so close?

thanks

Edited 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We tend to say in this forum to allow 2 weeks between medical and interview because results have not been available after 5 days for about a year and a half now.

You can attend as planned. Your interview will be approval pending medical results. When the results arrrive and somebody has time to pick up your file again, they will approve and issue the visa. You have to bear in mind that you're not going to have the visa back in a week following your interview. So what you're doing is fine, but don't get antsy thinking your delay will only be a few days. It will be longer.

Edited by Wuozopo

7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

We tend to say in this forum to allow 2 weeks between medical and interview because results have not been available after 5 days for about a year and a half now.

You can attend as planned. Your interview will be approval pending medical results. When the results arrrive and somebody has time to pick up your file again, they will approve and issue the visa. You have to bear in mind that you're not going to have the visa back in a week following your interview. So what you're doing is fine, but don't get antsy thinking your delay will only be a few days. It will be longer.

That’s great thanks. I don’t plan on leaving for the US for another 3 months so I’m in no rush. Thanks for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Scott.Whitnall said:

That’s great thanks. I don’t plan on leaving for the US for another 3 months so I’m in no rush. Thanks for your help

In that case it makes sense. When I did mine it involved two trips to London from Scotland for myself and my daughter, plus accommodation. If you're not pushing the calendar to get everything done asap, it makes much more financial sense to do what you did. As long as you understand the trade-off (delay) it's all really the same at the end of the day.  Good luck!  :)

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

**Moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to the UK regional subforum; question is country specific**

**Duplicate threads merged. Please keep all discussion to this thread and do not start any other threads on the same topic**

VJ Moderation

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

• millefleur changed the title to MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW (merged)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.