Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, js1ngh said:

@Greenbaum hey man. so i contacted embassy earlier and they got back to me regarding ds160 mistake. they said to fill a new one, which i did but haven't submitted yet. Do i have to update it on the CGI website too? i see that i am able to change personal info even after booking appointment, but if i change it is it going to affect the appointment date? Thanks a lot in advance. 

You are basically creating a new one, then go to CGI website and "tie" the two together. Your appointment date will not change.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello everyone. My I-129f was approved today so i wanted to join and learn the next steps.

2 hours ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Hello everyone. My I-129f was approved today so i wanted to join and learn the next steps.

Next steps are in the PDF on the first page of this thread.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Next steps are in the PDF on the first page of this thread.

Yes, i just read it.  I followed the first step by filling out the form for nvc and will wait 10 days to call the NVC for the case number. I hope mine gets received sept 3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Been away for awhile. Did my medical last week August 22 and 23 and thank GOD it went well. The plan is doing everything in a week but I am kind of stress thinking about how my medical would go. And I'm glad I did it first. I'm just waiting for my interview next month. Was really worried after my first day because I was x-ray twice. Chest and back. I recommend you should be early. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello,

I'm new here. I've actually read a couple threads here before that were really helpful but now my fiancé and I just received our NOA 2-- i think? That's actually what I wanted to ask and I need help clarification on; we basically got a letter from USCIS saying our case is approved and now NVC will be corresponding with us moving forward and that we should wait 30 days to hear from them. Is the letter we got from USCIS the NOA2 or is the letter we're about to receive from NVC the NOA2? Also in the PDF file (thank you so much by the way for that) the link from the first item leads to an inquiry looking form on the NVC website, so when you said update our email addresses with NVC do we update by requesting updates through that form or should we create a new account?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, walkingoneggshell said:

Hello,

I'm new here. I've actually read a couple threads here before that were really helpful but now my fiancé and I just received our NOA 2-- i think? That's actually what I wanted to ask and I need help clarification on; we basically got a letter from USCIS saying our case is approved and now NVC will be corresponding with us moving forward and that we should wait 30 days to hear from them. Is the letter we got from USCIS the NOA2 or is the letter we're about to receive from NVC the NOA2? Also in the PDF file (thank you so much by the way for that) the link from the first item leads to an inquiry looking form on the NVC website, so when you said update our email addresses with NVC do we update by requesting updates through that form or should we create a new account?

Thanks again.

Without actually seeing the letter i can only reply that it sounds like thats the NOA2. The language within the letter tipped me off. Ignore the refereance to NVC will do... blah blah blah

Those are the instructions (from the PDF) to update your addresses. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have received below email from NVC , I am little worried . Please help

Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visas, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The National Visa Center (NVC) will keep this case until a visa becomes available.

Do NOT make any firm plans such as:

- Selling property

- Giving up jobs

- Making travel arrangements

Please visit https://usvisas.state.gov/visabulletin for information on visa availability. Only a priority date earlier than the cut-off date listed is eligible for visa processing.

- Questions regarding the Visa Bulletin may be submitted to visabulletin@state.gov.

- If you would like to subscribe to our m

Timeline

It just means they have reached limit of applicants from india. Just give it time and they will ship it.  India has a large population of applicants.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

It just means they have reached limit of applicants from india. Just give it time and they will ship it.  India has a large population of applicants.

I am wondering how much delay is expected , my shipment was expected for 3 sep does that mean it won’t be shipped now and should I continue filling DSi60 and book appointment else I should wait given this email 

not sure if anyone else has received similar email in the recent past.

Timeline

Please do not file DS-160 until advised by your embassy.  Delay is anyone’s guess, 2 weeks or 1 year.  India has many applicants.  You need to wait until your turn is up. Patience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got my case number last monday after calling nvc. Since I will be on sept3rd shipment, a couple more weeks before my case gets to the embassy. Do I have to wait for my case status at ceac to be "Ready" before doing ds160 and paying the fee and schedule an interview appointment?

1 hour ago, FatzJD said:

Just got my case number last monday after calling nvc. Since I will be on sept3rd shipment, a couple more weeks before my case gets to the embassy. Do I have to wait for my case status at ceac to be "Ready" before doing ds160 and paying the fee and schedule an interview appointment?

Did you read the PDF from the first post in this thread for the answers to your question?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Please do not file DS-160 until advised by your embassy.  Delay is anyone’s guess, 2 weeks or 1 year.  India has many applicants.  You need to wait until your turn is up. Patience.

Why do you say DON'T file the DS-160 when this is not true for all embassies. Can you site a link where this can be verified?

Here is what my link states [directly from the India P3]:

For additional information on the K visa process, as well as answers to any questions not
addressed in this document, visit
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html.

You must complete the following steps before coming for your consular interview appointments:

Step 1 Complete the DS-160 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac.
Step 2 Print the DS-160 form confirmation page.
Step 3 Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com and follow the instructions to create an account, log

in, select your passport/visa pick-up location, and pay your K visa fee.

Information on fee payment is available at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-paymentinfo.asp.

Step 4 Schedule a Category 3 appointment to have your photograph and fingerprints captured at

a Visa Application Center and to have your interview at the Consulate.

Step 5 Prepare for your interview by obtaining the rest of the items listed in this document.

I hope this information helps you out and that it doesn't alarm others who are this stage. If you can provide links to backup your answer then this lends creditability to your answer.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.