dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2019

396 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Agie3105 said:

We have had an email just now saying we're DQ. Having everything crossed for you Both and for a speedy interview date x

congrats on your DQ!! now begins the waiting game for the next step 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Agie3105 said:

We have had an email just now saying we're DQ. Having everything crossed for you Both and for a speedy interview date x

Congratulations! Hope you don't have to wait long for your interview date!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Agie3105 said:

Congratulations, I'm happy for you and I hope for a speedy Interview letter! 

Filed: Other Timeline

me and my husband got our second RFE from NVC today. We got our first one on June 11 and then another one today. Both RFE's we have gotten were for the exact same thing (over tax documents from my husband, who is the petitioner). We have filed our CR-1 visa with a lawyer and our lawyer said nothing is wrong with my husbands tax papers and everything is right and in order and the lawyer doesnt know why my husbands tax papers keep getting rejected. My husband makes more then enough and everything is clear and being sent properly said our lawyer.

our lawyer just resent in the exact same papers the exact same way again today after getting the RFE before letting us know and talking to me and my husband about it. 

Anyone have any issues like this? where everything is correct but NVC just sends it back saying its not? Our lawyer keeps saying to us he doesnt know why these specific papers keep getting rejected

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
42 minutes ago, mika__ said:

me and my husband got our second RFE from NVC today. We got our first one on June 11 and then another one today. Both RFE's we have gotten were for the exact same thing (over tax documents from my husband, who is the petitioner). We have filed our CR-1 visa with a lawyer and our lawyer said nothing is wrong with my husbands tax papers and everything is right and in order and the lawyer doesnt know why my husbands tax papers keep getting rejected. My husband makes more then enough and everything is clear and being sent properly said our lawyer.

our lawyer just resent in the exact same papers the exact same way again today after getting the RFE before letting us know and talking to me and my husband about it. 

Anyone have any issues like this? where everything is correct but NVC just sends it back saying its not? Our lawyer keeps saying to us he doesnt know why these specific papers keep getting rejected

what is the reason they rejected it? you should know the reason on the notes NVC left on your CEAC login page

5 minutes ago, vince88 said:

what is the reason they rejected it? you should know the reason on the notes NVC left on your CEAC login page

our lawyer doesnt know, our lawyer says everything looks perfect and is confused why it keeps getting rejected

Our lawyer told us not to log into our login page and that only the lawyer should. So we have never logged in, our lawyer told us that could cause problems if we logged in on our own. Something to do with if I log in and checked (im living in canada) and then if/when our lawyer logs in (who is in the USA) it looks sketchy somehow being logged in from 2 different countries.

so NVC will tell you in the notes what exactly is wrong? :o

Hello Everyone, 

My spouse got visa interview on June 25th, collected the passport on 27th from the designated pickup location, and reached US on June 30th. 

I have couple of questions.

Q1: How long would it take to receive SSN? Its been 4 weeks now and still hasn't received SSN yet.

Q2: Can spouse start working before receiving the Green Card which I assume will be receiving in 3 months after entering US?

(Note: Visa stamping on the passport has the Green Card number)

I appreciate any help in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
40 minutes ago, vince88 said:

that's a irrelevant reason from your lawyer. 

It doesn't matter where you login from because you can always choose who you logged in as and I think you and the petitioner have the right to login on your own and no one will know who just logged in anyway. 

To me it looks like your lawyer just want to hide something and not being honest 🙄

Agreed. You choose if you’re logging in as applicant, petitioner, or attorney before you log in. My husband logged in to upload his financial info and I logged in to upload my civil docs. We both have logged in numerous times from 2 different countries. Plus NVC does put in the notes why they are rejecting it. 

Lawyer reasoning doesn’t seem totally honest. Maybe he wants to prolong it a little to make a little more money? 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Blair86 said:

Agreed. You choose if you’re logging in as applicant, petitioner, or attorney before you log in. My husband logged in to upload his financial info and I logged in to upload my civil docs. We both have logged in numerous times from 2 different countries. Plus NVC does put in the notes why they are rejecting it. 

Lawyer reasoning doesn’t seem totally honest. Maybe he wants to prolong it a little to make a little more money? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you for your help :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, Madison S. said:

To give you an idea — It took 2 weeks from NOA2 to NVC receipt. Since then, I’ve now been waiting 5 weeks since NVC received my case file for a case number to be assigned. Nearly 2 months since NOA2 here and still no case number, so I can’t do much at this point. Not sure how quickly things will move once I get a case number. Looks like some people are having their docs submitted to dq/cc by NVC in 3-5 weeks (assuming no checklist and resubmission happens). Then how long it takes to get an interview varies by country/embassy.

How did you receive an NVC receipt? Regular mail, email, update online?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

How did you receive an NVC receipt? Regular mail, email, update online?

No, I had to call them on their customer service line (about 30+ times until you actually get put on hold for an operator for maybe 30-60+ mins) and there’s a numeric menu option to see if your mail was received. When you click this and it’s your turn for an operator, they can tell you whether your petition was received from USCIS or not. For me this took a little over 3 weeks, but I’ve seen reports saying it can take up to six weeks.

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

1 hour ago, DylanandLaura said:

We received our DQ email at 8:05 EST this morning. The NVC sent the message for DQ in CEAC at 7:35. We are really happy and what the one poster said about there being a 40 minute delay between seeing the messages in CEAC to an email is correct and something to watch for for people still waiting. I wish everyone else much patience and fortitude during your wait with the NVC. Thank you for all the help! 

Congratulations! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.