Ezero2k

I-751 July 2019 Filers

2,061 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, seqoya said:

Hi All, a rookie here so need some tips from you guys. 

• WAC/California Case 
  • I-751 NOA July 2019
  • Biometrics Feb 2021
  • Current Status: Fingerprints taken.
  • N-400 Not filed yet

Questions:

• Is it a good idea to file for N-400 Citizenship application ? Can this actually delay my Greencard ? Given my timeline, is it good idea to wait it our or just go ahead and do the N400 application ?
  • Is there a way to check approximate timelines on the I-751 processing times for WAC?
  • Is there a way to check approximate timelines on the N400 for WAC ?

I've red and also my attorney advised me to wait... so I didn't file. 

I'm NYC and wait time is up to 24 month for n400. For you might be different,  I don't know. 

Edited by Hannah_NYC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
35 minutes ago, seqoya said:

Hi All, a rookie here so need some tips from you guys. 

• WAC/California Case 
  • I-751 NOA July 2019
  • Biometrics Feb 2021
  • Current Status: Fingerprints taken.
  • N-400 Not filed yet

Questions:

• Is it a good idea to file for N-400 Citizenship application ? Can this actually delay my Greencard ? Given my timeline, is it good idea to wait it our or just go ahead and do the N400 application ?
  • Is there a way to check approximate timelines on the I-751 processing times for WAC?
  • Is there a way to check approximate timelines on the N400 for WAC ?

You are already in line.

Filing N 400 will not accelerate your case.  

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Phoenix777 said:

SRC, 13+ months...not a word...still no fingerprints no updates nothing..filled N400 5 weeks ago...also just “we received it”. 

We have similar timelines. Filed I400 in June with a pending I751. They reused my fingerprints for the I1751 not sure if they will reuse for the I400. 

4 hours ago, ToBeHappy said:

Hello guys, how do you check for MSC processing time? I don’t see MSC on the list! My case is stuck at ready to be schedule for an interview since October. 

1A4BC15B-7E18-41C0-98E0-4262B63ABFEC.jpeg

I was wondering the same thing.  Mine is ready since July and it was transferred from Vermont to National Benefit Center. I guess we should look at the processing time for the center were the case was originally... Am I right guys??? 

Is NBC same as MSC ??? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
21 hours ago, ToBeHappy said:

Hello guys, how do you check for MSC processing time? I don’t see MSC on the list! My case is stuck at ready to be schedule for an interview since October. 

MSC prepares cases to be sent to local offices, so your processing time depends mostly on your local office. "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview" indicates that your case is already at your local office and they are the ones that will let you know when you're getting an interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
17 hours ago, Hannah_NYC said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Mine is ready since July and it was transferred from Vermont to National Benefit Center. I guess we should look at the processing time for the center were the case was originally... Am I right guys??? 

Is NBC same as MSC ??? 

If it's "ready to be scheduled for an interview" it means you just have to wait for your local office to schedule it. The original service center doesn't really matter at this point, the already did their job.

8 minutes ago, gray_cat said:

If it's "ready to be scheduled for an interview" it means you just have to wait for your local office to schedule it. The original service center doesn't really matter at this point, the already did their job.

Is there a way to check processing times of local offices? 

They are still not conducting I 751 interviews 😑

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
17 hours ago, Galeb said:

Hi, is there anyone know why I can’t see the case processing time ? I applied in the beginning of July 

If you mean the "Estimated Wait time", I remember that the week after I applied for N400 it also said a specific date. Now it says "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time."

They are not even trying anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 9:11 PM, Ezero2k said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-passes-emergency-funding-to-halt-immigration-agency-cuts-11598141852

As said many times before there will not be any furlough and job cuts. 

"The House on Saturday unanimously passed a bill to provide emergency funding to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the primary agency running the nation’s immigration system that is set to furlough roughly two-thirds of its employees at the end of this month."

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-averts-furlough-of-nearly-70-of-workforce

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, gray_cat said:

MSC prepares cases to be sent to local offices, so your processing time depends mostly on your local office. "Case ready to be scheduled for an interview" indicates that your case is already at your local office and they are the ones that will let you know when you're getting an interview.

The local office is the where we applied like mine is in Texas right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

Go to Uscis website, type in your zip code, it will tell your local office.

How do I check local office processing time is there any way. Mine is in Fairfax, VA. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.