dannosaur

EAD/AP evidence requirements

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

No, it means 4-6 months is relatively short in the grand scheme of the whole immigration journey

Not to everyone actually. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, janet3 said:

But all three of those are separate applications. They are separate forms.....hence the different numbers. But the fact of the matter is....a guide is just that “a guide” . The individual instructions for every form on the USCIS website tells you what documents need to accompany the form. 

It is in the instructions. It could also be in the guide. Responsibility falls on each individual applying for sure. It could still be mentioned in the guide. It would just be helpful and might cause someone to not make this mistake. That’s all. 

• Ontarkie locked and unlocked this topic
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~ As this thread derailed into a Site Related issue, this thread is now moved to Site Discussion. As noted Moderators cannot change the Guides. ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, dannosaur said:

At that point if that happens, I guess filing again (and paying the fees that were foregone the last time as a result of filing with AoS) is the only option, and going to the back of the line and starting over.

If you re-file, don't pay fees for I-765 and I-131. Submit a photocopy of the I-485 receipt notice; no fee payment required.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~ As this thread derailed into a Site Related issue, this thread is now moved to Site Discussion. As noted Moderators cannot change the Guides. ~~

Who is able to change guides? Just out of curiosity. 

1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

Not necessary. The point that this post has evolved into already has a post in that forum.

37 minutes ago, HRQX said:

If you re-file, don't pay fees for I-765 and I-131. Submit a photocopy of the I-485 receipt notice; no fee payment required.

That's good to know. Thanks!

57 minutes ago, HRQX said:

no fee payment required

Actually, with that in mind, would it hurt to re-file anyway? If the first gets denied because of lack of evidence, the second would be somewhere amongst another pile with all the correct documentation, and if the first gets approved, then the second will only end up getting denied because it's not necessary?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, dannosaur said:

Actually, with that in mind, would it hurt to re-file anyway? If the first gets denied because of lack of evidence, the second would be somewhere amongst another pile with all the correct documentation, and if the first gets approved, then the second will only end up getting denied because it's not necessary?

If you have filed the 485, with all of the required paperwork, it is my understanding that you can file for AP and EAD anytime after that......free of charge.....it is an option you may want to pursue....

12 minutes ago, dannosaur said:

If the first gets denied...

Unknown if the current one will be denied or not. If it isn't, then two I-765/I-131 sets would be processing at the same time. I don't know if that automatically is a negative ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/710659-withdrawing-a-i-765-renewal-two-in-process/

Edited by HRQX

Gah this is so frustrating! Don't want to do anything that would jeopordize anything that may end up being accepted anyway, so I'll leave it as-is and see what happens.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
15 hours ago, Mrsjackson said:

Who is able to change guides? Just out of curiosity. 

This information has previously been given to you.

17 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

As I have stated in this thread before, the proper way to get the guides changed/updated is not to make the suggestion to the mods...... that is in the purview of the site administrator, Ewok.

To say it another way: To make suggestions to change the guides, post your suggestion to Ewok, the forum administrator, in the Site Discussion Forum: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/14-site-related-discussion-updates-ideas-etc/

And to repeat again:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca