dannosaur

EAD/AP evidence requirements

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, file it again. I am not a spokesman for the administrator. I am just another bozo on the bus....Believe me, you are not the first one, nor likely the last to make a startling discovery as yours....lol....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Nah.

Sorry, that is how you feel. I was taught years ago, that it is better to be part of the solution, rather than be part of the problem.

C'est la vie.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Some people have reported to have received GC before or at the same time as EAD/AP. A couple of people reported that just this week on a Facebook group for Vietnamese 

:ot:

There are several such threads in the K1/K2 Family AOS progress forum. With the appalling lack of progress at USCIS.

Another telling sign of the bad situation at USCIS, there is a growing number of postings in the ROC forum, where folks have taken to filing concurrently for their ROC and USC....And getting their citizenship right after processing of their ROC at the same time.

Edited by Pitaya (火龙果)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Sorry, that is how you feel. I was taught years ago, that it is better to be part of the solution, rather than be part of the problem.

C'est la vie.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Lol I am not part of the problem. The suggestion has been made to the mods before, as we are in no way the first to have noticed this.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Lol I am not part of the problem. The suggestion has been made to the mods before, as we are in no way the first to have noticed this.

As I have stated in this thread before, the proper way to get the guides changed/updated is not to make the suggestion to the mods...... that is in the purview of the site administrator, Ewok.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, dannosaur said:

So having read a fair few threads about this now, I've realised that VJ's guides are somewhat misleading and incomplete, and having followed them almost verbatim, I realise I may have (probably) messed up.

The VJ guides include a list of all evidence required to be sent for AoS. Under the EAD/AP sections, it says "include any additional required supporting documentation" for both. It does NOT say anything along the lines of "include multiple copies of everything that's required for AoS".

So of course I've only included one set of copies for things that should have 3 (one copy of each application). With EAD/AP applications taking so long to get processed at the minute, I realise that this is something that'll need to be corrected, else an RFE is going to get sent and delay the application even longer.

So, my question is... how can I go about ensuring that the evidence that I now know is missing gets included with the application? Is there a way of being able to send more paperwork to the dropbox to be added to my applications, or am I just out of luck and have to wait for the RFE?

If there's any moderators reading, please......fix the guides to be clearer!

When you filed for AOS (the 485, EAD, and AP) did you read the instructions provided by USCIS when filing those forms? Because Visa Journey “guides” are not “instructions”. A “guide” will provide you information regarding a question you have.....”instructions” tell you what you are suppose to do.....

Edited by janet3
Spelling gets me every time

8 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Another telling sign of the bad situation at USCIS, there is a growing number of postings in the ROC forum, where folks have taken to filing concurrently for their ROC and USC....And getting their citizenship right after processing of their ROC at the same time.

They gotta cut staff somewhere and that “somewhere”is ROC evidently. I guess in their minds, ROC is the least important step. They already did the initial I-485 interview and they still have a chance to “catch” anything at the N-400 stage

2 minutes ago, janet3 said:

A “guide” will provide you information regarding a question you have.....”instructions” tell you what you are supposed to do.....

There's nothing wrong with a guide making a point that people stumble across time and time again.

Besides, I did read the instructions. And I made an incorrect assumption by not treating each form as separate applications because they were all submitted in the same envelope at the same time. Evidence that EAD/AP wanted was already in the packet for the AoS application. Nowhere either here or on USCIS's website point out that the evidence should be provided in triplicate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dannosaur said:

There's nothing wrong with a guide making a point that people stumble across time and time again.

Besides, I did read the instructions. And I made an incorrect assumption by not treating each form as separate applications because they were all submitted in the same envelope at the same time. Evidence that EAD/AP wanted was already in the packet for the AoS application. Nowhere either here or on USCIS's website point out that the evidence should be provided in triplicate.

But all three of those are separate applications. They are separate forms.....hence the different numbers. But the fact of the matter is....a guide is just that “a guide” . The individual instructions for every form on the USCIS website tells you what documents need to accompany the form. 

3 minutes ago, janet3 said:

But all three of those are separate applications.

Yes. I know that (now, at least). We've already established that I was wrong and made an incorrect assumption.

I'll say it again, there's nothing wrong with a guide pointing this out. After all, it's there to guide you... hence its name.