8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I have read on here that most people are doubling the evidence for each of the following forms?? So they are adding 2 passport photo to EACH of the form, marriage certificate, copy of passport, copy of I-94 form etc all to each and every single form. Is this correct? I thought If I just sent all of the forms with just one of the requested documents is all I needed??

Can someone shed some light here?? The passport photo copy alone is around 30 pages!

1. I-864  
2. I-485 
3. I-765 (optional) 
4. I-131 (optional) 
5. G-1145 (optional) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

So I have read on here that most people are doubling the evidence for each of the following forms?? So they are adding 2 passport photo to EACH of the form, marriage certificate, copy of passport, copy of I-94 form etc all to each and every single form. Is this correct? I thought If I just sent all of the forms with just one of the requested documents is all I needed??

Can someone shed some light here?? The passport photo copy alone is around 30 pages!

1. I-864  
2. I-485 
3. I-765 (optional) 
4. I-131 (optional) 
5. G-1145 (optional) 

Yup, so you need 6 passport photos, you don’t need a photo for I-864, and what do you mean with  the passport photocopy is around 30 pages? You only need a photocopy of your passports identification page, where your photo and name is, you don’t photocopy the entire passport. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

1. I-864  
2. I-485 
3. I-765 (optional) 
4. I-131 (optional) 
5. G-1145 (optional) 

Why are you copying the entire passport 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Why are you copying the entire passport 

I've copied the entire passport too. Three times :) At the AOS interview the IO gave back two sets of photocopies and asked me why did I sent that in? I told her because read only ppl getting RFEs for not sending three copies...

So honestly don't know what is the right solution, but for sure you need 6 passport style photos....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I've copied the entire passport too. Three times :) At the AOS interview the IO gave back two sets of photocopies and asked me why did I sent that in? I told her because read only ppl getting RFEs for not sending three copies...

So honestly don't know what is the right solution, but for sure you need 6 passport style photos....

No need for copies of the entire passport.

You do not need to submit the entire passport photocopied but you do need to submit the required documents for each form. Most of them are the same so yes, most everything should be in triplicate. 

You can search "AOS coverletter" using the search function. Most recent ones are correct. 

I don't usually let those types of post slide by as I received a useless RFIE myself in March (where they lost two of the three Marriage Certificate photocopies I submitted) so I'm relentless on making sure everybody has the correct info when I see those kinds of posts.

18 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You do not need to submit the entire passport photocopied but you do need to submit the required documents for each form. Most of them are the same so yes, most everything should be in triplicate. 

You can search "AOS coverletter" using the search function. Most recent ones are correct. 

I don't usually let those types of post slide by as I received a useless RFIE myself in March (where they lost two of the three Marriage Certificate photocopies I submitted) so I'm relentless on making sure everybody has the correct info when I see those kinds of posts.

Hi! I got a question too. I recently submitted my AOS package and included only one marriage certificate for I-485. I was following the instructions on all of the thee forms but only I-485 asks for evidence (marriage certificate) while I-131 and I-765 require only photos and passport copies. Did USCIS really sent RFE for not including 3 copies of your marriage certificate?

6 minutes ago, rubanitka said:

Hi! I got a question too. I recently submitted my AOS package and included only one marriage certificate for I-485. I was following the instructions on all of the thee forms but only I-485 asks for evidence (marriage certificate) while I-131 and I-765 require only photos and passport copies. Did USCIS really sent RFE for not including 3 copies of your marriage certificate?

I'll answer briefly as otherwise we will be highjacking this post (although it is relevant).

You are only entitled to file I765 (category C9) and I131 Advanced Parole (not a travel document or re-entry permit) only because you are entitled to adjust your status (file I485).

So in being allowed to file I765 and I131, you must prove you are entitled to file I485 as they are separate applications but EAD and AP are dependent on I485.

That is the reason why you must prove you are entitled to file I485 by submitting the same documents with I765 and I131.

Yes I received an RFIE for I765 and I131. I sent 3 photocopies of my MC with the package. One for I485, one for I765 and one for I131. They lost my ones for I765 and I131 so I had to resend as well as my BC, my Passport and my K1 visa sticker photocopy (which I had already sent too, one for each). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.