AOSFairfax

Washington DC AOS Filers

447 posts in this topic

Hope we get our interviews earlier than September! Our case status keeps changing! First it changed to "interview cancelled", then to "ready to be scheduled ...", then to "name was updated" while we never requested an update, and yesterday it changed to "initial review"! We actually got an email saying that the status changed to "initial review" but when we check the status on website, it's still "name was updated"! So weird! Not sure what that means. might just be a glitch in their system! 

2 hours ago, DWolf said:

The White House gave guidance that Federal Agencies should follow the guidance of the states they reside in...so if USCIS chooses to follow Virginia, that means there won't be any openings until June 10th.

Interesting! I didn’t know that... I was trying to find something in my FO webpage but couldn’t find anything.

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

On 4/21/2020 at 11:25 PM, oztousa said:

I heard from someone today who’s interview had been set for March 20th and subsequently cancelled, they’ve received a new interview date of September 27th. So hopefully things will start moving again soon, but clearly not that soon. 

in DC? Oh wow, I better start renewing my EAD...

04/15/19: Received date

05/15/19: Biometrics done

06/07/19: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

03/19/20: Interview cancelled due to Covid

09/04/2020: Interview date

10/22/2020: I-130 approval

10/30/2020: I-485 approval

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah. I work for an immigration attorney in northern VA and this info came from another attorney we work with. He’s had 2 clients get new dates in September after having their March interviews cancelled at the Fairfax office. 

Also, just some random info in case it helps anybody. As long as you file an application to renew your work permit BEFORE the expiration date, then your current work permit is automatically extended for another 6 months.

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Timeline

Our interview date was April 3rd, we're still waiting for our rescheduled interview date.  I assume we might be until October-ish if other folks are getting September.  What happened to all of summer? USCIS not doing anything? 😂 I noticed they have now pushed back their open date to JUNE 4th according to their website.

We might have the renew my wife's EAD/AP too...geez, I'm a fed too and I'm frustrated with how USCIS is such a mess with some of this stuff. I know USCIS has been trying to push more forms online but they need to do it better.  I think you're going to see a HUGE push for massive teleworking where possible...it was rolling out slowly before but now I think it will really get pushed.

Anyways, just some additional interesting info, my federal agency has instructed us that we are to "wait" for Virginia to declare its COVID peak, wait two weeks (probably to see if there's a drop in cases) and then we will start a "phased" return with reduced staff.  I don't know if USCIS will be doing something similar, but we'll see.  I actually don't anticipate returning to the office until June...similar to USCIS.

Edited by DWolf

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

New update today stating new office has jurisdiction. This was the case before, interview scheduled for April, then cancelled, then case moved, now moved again. I'm assuming maybe the case is moving back to DC so a new interview can be scheduled?  The odd thing though is that only my case was updated to state this today, not my wifes. Up until this point both cases have always been updated at the same time. Any ideas?

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi guys,

Do you know if the DC office is slow? I mean, what is now the average time to get the green card? I live in Northern Virginia but I see that Norfolk, VA has a way less processing time... would be worth to send our application there even though it's a 3 hours driving from here? Or I have to do it strictly in DC office?

10 hours ago, juancarlos said:

Hi guys,

Do you know if the DC office is slow? I mean, what is now the average time to get the green card? I live in Northern Virginia but I see that Norfolk, VA has a way less processing time... would be worth to send our application there even though it's a 3 hours driving from here? Or I have to do it strictly in DC office?

You don’t get to decide. USCIS will do that for you :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Nothing yet. Mine was scheduled for April, then cancelled due to covid. Latest I got is case moved to Texas for who knows what reason :(

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, bedi1919 said:

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone moved after the interview ready to be scheduled. I am a bit nervous and calming my fears with the hope that Northern Va and DC share the same office. We moved from DC to Alexandria and are wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. 

I believe they are both processes at the DC field office which is in Fairfax. You have to update your address but I don’t think it will have any impact on your wait.

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Hi DCers

Just saw the updated processing times for our office... looks it it went from 12-24 months to 8.5-30 months.

Honestly, not sure what to make of that... I guess it’s sort of good news if 50% of cases are being adjudicated more quickly? Any DC updates from anyone?

Edited by CDNgirl09

On 6/20/2020 at 9:56 AM, CDNgirl09 said:

Hi DCers

Just saw the updated processing times for our office... looks it it went from 12-24 months to 8.5-30 months.

Honestly, not sure what to make of that... I guess it’s sort of good news if 50% of cases are being adjudicated more quickly? Any DC updates from anyone?

I think most offices now have the 8.5-30 months estimate, which is scary.

My interview was supposed to take place 03/19 and has not been rescheduled yet, I read that they will resume interviews in some places around 07/20.

I applied to renew my EAD and received a case number that starts with IOE instead of MSC, anyone else? 

04/15/19: Received date

05/15/19: Biometrics done

06/07/19: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

03/19/20: Interview cancelled due to Covid

09/04/2020: Interview date

10/22/2020: I-130 approval

10/30/2020: I-485 approval

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Still waiting for our new interview to be scheduled.  Doesn't look good with the pending USCIS Furlough...they might not be doing much.  Our original interview was for April 3rd before the COVID closure.  My understanding is that USCIS is *mostly* been focused on naturalization processes (interviews, ceremonies, etc.) and Green Card interviews are taking a backseat.

We'll also be re-applying for the EAD/AP. 

IOE appears to mean "e-Filing"/ELIS...which I would speculate means that it is the new location receipt number for their teleworking option.  Meaning it isn't at a specific USCIS location (like their receipts MSC, NBC, EAC, CSC mean) but is likely in their network.

Edited by DWolf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.