AOSFairfax

Washington DC AOS Filers

447 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 hour ago, ConcurrentVA said:

Have you talked to the tier 2 USCIS officer to explain it to you? They might be able to explain better in regard what this exactly means 

hmm, the tier 2 officer?

L1-B & L2 to AOS (EB3 skilled)

Northern Virginia (DC Office)

22nd November 2019: NOA1 received

18th December 2019: Biometrics completed

23rd December 2019: Transferred to NBC

28th February 2020: Ready for interview

3rd March 2020: i-797C stating interview scheduled for April 7th

<--- Interviews cancelled due to Covid --->

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

31st October 2020 - Both green cards in hand!

Timeline
10 hours ago, ConcurrentVA said:

Yeah. You can call uscis customer service in the first half of the day ( or before 3 pm i would say) and ask for tier 2 officer. They usually have better information in my experience 

I see. As my case is still at the NBC do I need to call a specific number or is there a general number to call? I've yet to every call USCIS myself

20th October 2020 - i-797C stating permanent residence approved (Welcome to the United States of America)

Timeline
On 2/25/2020 at 5:18 PM, ConcurrentVA said:

Thank you for sharing the details! And congratulations on getting approved! 

Hey, any updates of interview being scheduled at your end?

So we finally got our "Interview is Scheduled" status change this morning 2/27/2020.  Good news and bad...

The problem is that we are having our destination wedding ceremony around March 28th out of Florida to the Bahamas...it's on a cruise ranging from March 26-30 so if they scheduled us then, we have no choice but to reschedule.  We've already invested lots of money and our guests have already booked flights and secured hotels (some coming from overseas).  I'm hoping they schedule us for at least before March 25th but from my understanding, the interview is usually around exactly one month from your status change.  Hopefully the notice gets here in the next few days and we know our date.

Anyone have experience re-scheduling with the DC office?  My idea was to schedule an infoPASS appointment via phone and then present our information to the actual field office, including our wedding contract, bills and costs associated with our wedding and necessity to reschedule.  Unfortunately this is something we can't just outright postpone or cancel.

39 minutes ago, DWolf said:

So we finally got our "Interview is Scheduled" status change this morning 2/27/2020.  Good news and bad...

The problem is that we are having our destination wedding ceremony around March 28th out of Florida to the Bahamas...it's on a cruise ranging from March 26-30 so if they scheduled us then, we have no choice but to reschedule.  We've already invested lots of money and our guests have already booked flights and secured hotels (some coming from overseas).  I'm hoping they schedule us for at least before March 25th but from my understanding, the interview is usually around exactly one month from your status change.  Hopefully the notice gets here in the next few days and we know our date.

Anyone have experience re-scheduling with the DC office?  My idea was to schedule an infoPASS appointment via phone and then present our information to the actual field office, including our wedding contract, bills and costs associated with our wedding and necessity to reschedule.  Unfortunately this is something we can't just outright postpone or cancel.

interviews are usually 40 days after you get the interview status update. We got our status update on Feb 13 and our interview is on March 23. I’m guessing that your interview would be sometime early April and not in March. 

20 hours ago, ConcurrentVA said:

Yeah. You can call uscis customer service in the first half of the day ( or before 3 pm i would say) and ask for tier 2 officer. They usually have better information in my experience 

Thats ok if your case is at NBC. You can call at this no. +1-800-375-5283 And follow the instructions on the call. Once you get hold of the officer , you can ask your questions and hopefully they would be able to help

48 minutes ago, DWolf said:

Congratulations on the update and wedding itself! Hopefully your interview would be after you get back. The interview date is usually 40-45 days ahead when you get an update. Keep us posted though! 

32 minutes ago, DWolf said:

Our PD date is 5/28/2019.  So they're actually somewhat ahead of schedule.  It'll be about 10 months by the end of March.

Yeah. Mine is 14Jun19. I am hoping to hear something in next two weeks . Fingers crossed. 

8 minutes ago, mgh84 said:

interviews are usually 40 days after you get the interview status update. We got our status update on Feb 13 and our interview is on March 23. I’m guessing that your interview would be sometime early April and not in March. 

Hey. How much time does it take for the physical notice to arrive after the interview was scheduled update is made online? 

Timeline
19 hours ago, ConcurrentVA said:

Thats ok if your case is at NBC. You can call at this no. +1-800-375-5283 And follow the instructions on the call. Once you get hold of the officer , you can ask your questions and hopefully they would be able to help

Not having any luck with getting through to anyone here. I went 1 for English, 1 for status update, it then asks for my receipt number which i put in. Then it complains I have too little digits three times and ends the call. I've listened to pretty much every option but not seeing any other way to get through?

Edited by melus

Timeline

Well then. No need to get through to them at all. I just received an update on both our 485s that the cases are now ready to be scheduled for interviews. A long wait still but at least a status update :)

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ConcurrentVA said:

Great. glad you got the update. Whats your PD though?

August 12th 2019 😕   Also I'm EB3 so I'd need to wait until at least October for the dates to become current regardless (hopefully)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.