2,900 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

God is great, praise be to the Lord. I just Got my approval message while I was praying for someone. Jesus is in deed faithful. 

Filed on November 7/2017

RFE on April 26/2019

RFE response on June 24/2019

card Production on July 31/2019 

please praise the Lord for me 

636406FF-9DAD-4F43-9A81-B98866D8F63A.jpeg

Congratulations hun, what State are you in?

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Trizzle said:

Here’s what you can do. 

1. U.S. birth certificate 

2. U.S. passport “which you said you don’t have access to”.

3. Statement from a consular officer certifying U.S. citizenship 

4. Certificate of naturalization or citizenship and/or 

5. Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States. 

If you cannot locate these documents then provide as much as these information as possible which I’m gonna list. 

1. Complete name

2. Date of birth and country of birth

3. A-Number and Class Admission if naturalized 

4. The date and place of entry into the United States if naturalized 

5. Any correspondence from USCIS that may be able to submit that indicates a previous file number and or 

6. Any other document which indicates the place of birth

7. Parents full name. 

What I did with my wife because I had no documents was list all her parents name, date of birth, place of birth, children names and their date and place of birth. List my wife full name, date of birth, SSN, her place of birth. 

This is all correct. If you can not get a copy of ex's passport or CBRA or other documents showing they are a USC you need to gather as much info as you can. If you have A#s or passport numbers (you may have them written somewhere) include them along with the items listed above. Write a letter stating you are unable to obtain ex;s documents showing USC status and request they search their databases. It can add some time to the process for them to search (many people may have same names to sort through so the more info you give the better). You can also submit affidavits from people stating who they are and how they are related and that they have knowledge of the exs status as a USC for whatever reason (employer, friend, family, coworker)

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

This is all correct. If you can not get a copy of ex's passport or CBRA or other documents showing they are a USC you need to gather as much info as you can. If you have A#s or passport numbers (you may have them written somewhere) include them along with the items listed above. Write a letter stating you are unable to obtain ex;s documents showing USC status and request they search their databases. It can add some time to the process for them to search (many people may have same names to sort through so the more info you give the better). You can also submit affidavits from people stating who they are and how they are related and that they have knowledge of the exs status as a USC for whatever reason (employer, friend, family, coworker)

So true. When it comes to RFE’s like qualifying relationship, good moral character, extreme cruelty and bonafide marriage I got a ton of info cuz I went through those. So I can help in those situations. 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Screecher said:

This is phenomenal... I wish I knew this list before ; I would have sent all of this just to be sure . 

You are amazing @Trizzle

can i I request you to please send me a check list of all the documents that needs to be sent or will help ... 

i plan to file the VAWA next week ... so that list would help 

I will private message you cuz it’s quite a few. Too much to write a post here. Dwl

3 hours ago, CrimsonWarrior26 said:

Approvals give me sense of joy. Congrats! May i know what’s your Rfe? Thank you!

3 hours ago, CrimsonWarrior26 said:

Approvals give me sense of joy. Congrats! May i know what’s your Rfe? Thank you!

Police clearance from back home 

3 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Congratulations hun, what State are you in?

DC

1 minute ago, Lola_lalo said:

DC

1 minute ago, Lola_lalo said:

DC

Thank you! Do they really require police clearance from back home when you’re in the US for less than 3 yrs or it doesn’t happen to everyone?

i wonder if people who entered the US with fiance visas are asked for police clearances from home country as well.

5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yessssssss girlllllll you made it!!👏👏👏👏👏🙌🙌😂😂😂😂😂😂 congrats!!!!🌟🌟🌟

Blessings for the prayer and support. Your interview will be smooth and fast. God be with you my beloved sister . You are a blessing 

1 minute ago, CrimsonWarrior26 said:

Thank you! Do they really require police clearance from back home when you’re in the US for less than 3 yrs or it doesn’t happen to everyone?

i wonder if people who entered the US with fiance visas are asked for police clearances from home country as well.

If you live in the US less than 3 years you should submit it. One from where you reside now and other from wherever you lived for more than six month for the last three years. If yes do it as soon as you could and I advise you to send it to USCIS because it is a must. 

3 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

Blessings for the prayer and support. Your interview will be smooth and fast. God be with you my beloved sister . You are a blessing 

🙏 Amen my darling sis!💕💕 I'm so glad this part is over for you! I pray that it all goes really smoothly from this point! You're amazing as well..when you celebrate people, celebration will never be far from you! Thank God..interview next! Brace yourself part two..LOL😁😁👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

God is great, praise be to the Lord. I just Got my approval message while I was praying for someone. Jesus is in deed faithful. 

Filed on November 7/2017

RFE on April 26/2019

RFE response on June 24/2019

card Production on July 31/2019 

please praise the Lord for me 

636406FF-9DAD-4F43-9A81-B98866D8F63A.jpeg

🥳 1 step closer!!! 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

🙏 Amen my darling sis!💕💕 I'm so glad this part is over for you! I pray that it all goes really smoothly from this point! You're amazing as well..when you celebrate people, celebration will never be far from you! Thank God..interview next! Brace yourself part two..LOL😁😁👍

Congratulations,am happy for you.God will continue his job and he will finish  the rest  for you and every one of us and at end of the everything we will have mouth to glorify his name

9 hours ago, Trizzle said:

Here’s what you can do. 

1. U.S. birth certificate 

2. U.S. passport “which you said you don’t have access to”.

3. Statement from a consular officer certifying U.S. citizenship 

4. Certificate of naturalization or citizenship and/or 

5. Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States. 

If you cannot locate these documents then provide as much as these information as possible which I’m gonna list. 

1. Complete name

2. Date of birth and country of birth

3. A-Number and Class Admission if naturalized 

4. The date and place of entry into the United States if naturalized 

5. Any correspondence from USCIS that may be able to submit that indicates a previous file number and or 

6. Any other document which indicates the place of birth

7. Parents full name. 

What I did with my wife because I had no documents was list all her parents name, date of birth, place of birth, children names and their date and place of birth. List my wife full name, date of birth, SSN, her place of birth. 

Thank you, Trizzle. This is by far the most helpful response. God Bless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.