9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband is doing an AOS via a K1 visa. I've read through the forums and can't seem to find this exact answer, so please forgive me if this is a repeat question.

He has an appointment Wednesday with an approved civil surgeon to transcribe his vaccination record onto the I-693 form an administer any missing vaccinations. He had his medical exam in London in March and deferred getting his missing vaccinations until he entered the United States. 

It took me a lot of calls to get to an approved civil surgeon that would transcribe the vaccinations (+ give missing ones) without making him do another full medical exam. He does not need one since his medical exam was only done a few months ago and it is valid if done within a year, so I've read.

My question is: Since it was technically flu season when he got his medical done in London (and he elected to NOT get a flu shot at that time), what do we do? I called around to a bunch of additional doctor's offices and no one has flu vaccines since they it's not in season now that we're getting to filing the AOS paperwork.

Will he get an RFE for this? How can we avoid it? I'm trying to sort it out before his appointment Wednesday so we know what to ask of the civil surgeon. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, kwoodruff said:

My husband is doing an AOS via a K1 visa. I've read through the forums and can't seem to find this exact answer, so please forgive me if this is a repeat question.

He has an appointment Wednesday with an approved civil surgeon to transcribe his vaccination record onto the I-693 form an administer any missing vaccinations. He had his medical exam in London in March and deferred getting his missing vaccinations until he entered the United States. 

It took me a lot of calls to get to an approved civil surgeon that would transcribe the vaccinations (+ give missing ones) without making him do another full medical exam. He does not need one since his medical exam was only done a few months ago and it is valid if done within a year, so I've read.

My question is: Since it was technically flu season when he got his medical done in London (and he elected to NOT get a flu shot at that time), what do we do? I called around to a bunch of additional doctor's offices and no one has flu vaccines since they it's not in season now that we're getting to filing the AOS paperwork.

Will he get an RFE for this? How can we avoid it? I'm trying to sort it out before his appointment Wednesday so we know what to ask of the civil surgeon. Thanks!

You could check with local pharmacies to see if they still have some leftover vaccine.  Otherwise, I do not believe it is required to have out of season vaccinations for flu.  I recall a kiwi or an aussie here who didn't have to, as the southern hemisphere flu season is opposite ours.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I do not believe they send RFE/RFIE for medical reasons. What they do, is send "courtesy letters" early on in the process informing you they need either needical full medical (form I-693) or vaccinations. If you do get one of those, the expectations is you will bring those to the interview, so it is not like RFE when you have to send it back, and your application is stalled until you do. 

I know there was no record of a flu shot on our DS-3025, and we send it as is for AoS, and so far we got no RFE or courtesy letters of any kind. But we also do not have interview scheduled either, so who knows. 

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
9 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It's not flu season now. 

You are fulfilling the Vaccination requirement now. 

It's not needed.

Thank you! You always comment on my (very frequent) posts and I just want to say I appreciate it so much!!!

If you really wanted him to get the vax, of which I'd recommend just for health reasons, now or sometime in the future - a local pharmacy or even walmart should be able to provide it. Any missing vax not received in London and not waived can even be done that way, with you just providing proof of receiving them to the US Civil Surgeon.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 hours ago, kwoodruff said:

It is not flu season. His sheet should be marked with the waiver Not Flu Season.

Look at page 11 of form I-693 and you will see that box to be ticked in the far right column on the Influenza line. He will never require the flu shot for immigration purposes.

Skip the shot for health reasons and get one next fall when the new flu strains are predicted and they create appropriate shots for flu season. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, kwoodruff said:

my (very frequent) posts

Psst... be careful to avoid reviving "zombie" (old) threads or posting twice on the same topic! :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
16 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Psst... be careful to avoid reviving "zombie" (old) threads or posting twice on the same topic! :) 

Thanks :) I only posted when I couldn't find the exact answer to my questions in other threads.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.