rbzdjyummy

Wife received a blue slip at interview

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So my wife recently had her interview at HCMC. Unfortunately, she received a 221-G (blue slip). The CO asked her a few questions, handed her a blue slip and sent her on her way. The CO never ask for any additional evidence during the interview which confuses the hell out of me.  It's like they already knew she was getting the blue slip.  It was the generic blue slip asking for ex info, list of her relatives in the US, relationship timeline, family info, credit card statement for airline ticket purchase. Now my question to you guys is, have any of you guys ever received a blue slip for this additional evidence.  if yes, after turning in the additional evidence, did you get approval for your visa?  I just feel like the recent immigration fraud arrests happening in Houston had something to do with our refusal. 

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

RECEIVED NOA2 IN MAIL-2/2/19

NVC RECEIVED PETITION-2/12/19

RECEIVED CASE AND INVOICE # FROM NVC-3/20/19

SUMMITED ALL DOCUMENTS-3/30/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

INTERVIEW-5/23/19 (Did not get Approved)

Second Interview-7/12/19 (Approved)

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just looked up the Texas fraud indictments and yikes.  That can't be good for people trying to get a Visa.  Are you from Texas by any chance?  Did you not spend much time with her prior to getting married?  Sorry to hear about your situation!

Sounds like as DS-5535...? If so, it's for additional background checks.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, rbzdjyummy said:

So my wife recently had her interview at HCMC. Unfortunately, she received a 221-G (blue slip). The CO asked her a few questions, handed her a blue slip and sent her on her way. The CO never ask for any additional evidence during the interview which confuses the hell out of me.  It's like they already knew she was getting the blue slip.  It was the generic blue slip asking for ex info, list of her relatives in the US, relationship timeline, family info, credit card statement for airline ticket purchase. Now my question to you guys is, have any of you guys ever received a blue slip for this additional evidence.  if yes, after turning in the additional evidence, did you get approval for your visa?  I just feel like the recent immigration fraud arrests happening in Houston had something to do with our refusal. 

The requested documents are often asked for at the consulate.  Did you front load your application?  We included all these and more when submitting our 129f.

Because Houston has a large Vietnamese population, they may be asking for credit card statements to see who paid for your trip.  The list of relatives will show if she has family near you.  Together,  the 2 documents are used to determine if a family member arranged your relationship.

The CO did make a decision about your fiance's visa before the interview, which is why front loading in Vietnam and many other countries is so important.  Don't worry too much...submit the requested information and you should be ok.

Good luck! - Jason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Family tree used to determine if you are related to your fiancé. If you share same ethnicity then they are trying to determine if related.  A common past practice of trickery was to marry a relative to immigrate them. 

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

16 hours ago, cyclone27 said:

Family tree used to determine if you are related to your fiancé. If you share same ethnicity then they are trying to determine if related.  A common past practice of trickery was to marry a relative to immigrate them. 

Unfortunately that is common among the Vietnamese community. There was one Vietnamese American guy, actually was a cop, was pressured by his wife’s family to fake divorce his own wife then petitioned the wife’s sister and pretended he never knew her. The whole thing went belly up and he was prosecuted criminally. The Judge handed out a very harsh sentence because he was in law enforcement, something like 8-10 years or something like that.

Edited by USS_Voyager

Timeline

Yeah guys, I’m just worried if they don’t accept the documents this time, we will be put in AP for a long time. I didn’t even think about side loading any of that stuff. I wish I would have done it now. Only red flags I can think of is maybe she apply for a tourist visa and was denied. And also, after I met her in Vietnam, I never went back to visit her before we got married. It was about a year. 

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Timeline
On 5/29/2019 at 10:13 PM, AndrewF said:

I just looked up the Texas fraud indictments and yikes.  That can't be good for people trying to get a Visa.  Are you from Texas by any chance?  Did you not spend much time with her prior to getting married?  Sorry to hear about your situation!

I am from Louisiana. Everybody in the Vietnamese community knows about what happened in Houston and it’s said that the good has to suffer for the bad. 

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When I went to my fiance's interview on Tuesday, I was the only US citizen there with their fiance/spouse for the interview.  From what I saw, all the interviews were short (5 - 10 minutes).  It looked like a lot of people got blue slips, including one woman who was there for a CR1 interview that my fiancee was chatting with in the line for the biometrics.  

Timeline
17 hours ago, AndrewF said:

When I went to my fiance's interview on Tuesday, I was the only US citizen there with their fiance/spouse for the interview.  From what I saw, all the interviews were short (5 - 10 minutes).  It looked like a lot of people got blue slips, including one woman who was there for a CR1 interview that my fiancee was chatting with in the line for the biometrics.  

Did you get approved?

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife got her interview back into January this year. She carried 8+lbs of evidence. But they didn't asked for any of them. They asked her about 7 questions then approved her visa.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just wanted to let you guys know that my wife just recently went to her second interview and we were approved.  We finally got the visa! Thanks to everyone for the support and advice given especially @JJason and @Frontgear.  You guys were super helpful and supportive.  Thanks guys

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.