rbzdjyummy

Wife received a blue slip at interview

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
18 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

I always ask this:

What is your source?  Do you have a legit USCIS/DoS list?  Everyone talks about this list, and I've read dozens of GAO reports, and never came across one.

There is no official list. You can find unofficial lists all over google like- https://cis.org/North/Countries-Send-Us-Suspiciously-Large-Numbers-Fiance-Visa-Holders  Unofficial does not always mean its inaccurate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

I always ask this:

What is your source?  Do you have a legit USCIS/DoS list?  Everyone talks about this list, and I've read dozens of GAO reports, and never came across one.

They’re probably on high alert in VN partially due to the recent ice bust in Houston 

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/nearly-100-people-indicted-50-currently-custody-massive-houston-based-marriage-fraud

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

There is no official list. You can find unofficial lists all over google like- https://cis.org/North/Countries-Send-Us-Suspiciously-Large-Numbers-Fiance-Visa-Holders  Unofficial does not always mean its inaccurate.

Yet people keep claiming there is a list.

And  sorry, no.  That's an opinion piece, not policy.  USCIS doesn't care what this fake org says.  And yes, I saw this site before.  I can show you a dozen or more web sites that list completely different countries.  They are concerned with MEDIA presence, did you read the 'About' page??

The data collected by the Center during the past quarter-century has led many of our researchers to conclude that current, high levels of immigration are making it harder to achieve such important national objectives as better public schools, a cleaner environment, homeland security, and a living wage for every native-born and immigrant worker.

Can you see the BIAS and outright stupidity.. they link the environment to immigration.  LOL sure.

Pro tip:  CANADA is worst visa overstay/fiance visa country.  No one ever says Canada is a high fraud country, but they are always 'top 5' in these fake web sites.

31 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

They’re probably on high alert in VN partially due to the recent ice bust in Houston 

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/nearly-100-people-indicted-50-currently-custody-massive-houston-based-marriage-fraud

Sorry, no.  This is a news event, not a policy.  Also, what about 'the list' before this??

Edited by SmallTownPA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, SmallTownPA said:

I always ask this:

Don't be naive.  You don't think CO reads news like this?

https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/96-people-charged-texas-marriage-fraud-scheme-green/story?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&id=63027773&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15721270942183&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FUS%2F96-people-charged-texas-marriage-fraud-scheme-green%2Fstory%3Fid%3D63027773

Timeline
36 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

Yet people keep claiming there is a list.

And  sorry, no.  That's an opinion piece, not policy.  USCIS doesn't care what this fake org says.  And yes, I saw this site before.  I can show you a dozen or more web sites that list completely different countries.  They are concerned with MEDIA presence, did you read the 'About' page??

The data collected by the Center during the past quarter-century has led many of our researchers to conclude that current, high levels of immigration are making it harder to achieve such important national objectives as better public schools, a cleaner environment, homeland security, and a living wage for every native-born and immigrant worker.

Can you see the BIAS and outright stupidity.. they link the environment to immigration.  LOL sure.

Pro tip:  CANADA is worst visa overstay/fiance visa country.  No one ever says Canada is a high fraud country, but they are always 'top 5' in these fake web sites.

Sorry, no.  This is a news event, not a policy.  Also, what about 'the list' before this??

It may not be an official policy, but something like this puts pressure on the embassy to apply extra scrutiny. It seems like you want to see a published policy, in reality they don’t publish every policy or mandate publicly. But from posts here it’s obvious Vietnam is applying extra scrutiny recently. I’m not saying it’s an official policy, but the immigration fraud ring involving the Vietnamese certainly has an impact 

Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 6:07 PM, Russ&MaryAnn said:

but something like this puts pressure on the embassy to apply extra scrutiny.

lol no.  

Unless there is a memo from someone in DoS they don't base thier policy off some jabrony's web site.  

On 10/26/2019 at 6:09 PM, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Not only do they read it, I’d bet they’ve had many internal meetings about it 

I'm sure they knew or had info on it that far exceeded some web site.  I mean ICE and UCSIC are closely related.

Why do you people think that web sites affect legal gov't policy?  

I'm here to tell you that no one cares about your tweets, or instagram, or facebook.  

And no, consular employees are not scouring the news sites for how to adjudicate cases..  you know they actually have a legally binding document for that, right???

Edited by SmallTownPA

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

lol no.  

Unless there is a memo from someone in DoS they don't base thier policy off some jabrony's web site.  

I'm sure they knew or had info on it that far exceeded some web site.  I mean ICE and UCSIC are closely related.

Why do you people think that web sites affect legal gov't policy?  

I'm here to tell you that no one cares about your tweets, or instagram, or facebook.  

And no, consular employees are not scouring the news sites for how to adjudicate cases..  you know they actually have a legally binding document for that, right???

I wasn’t talking about the website being their source for adjudication, I  used it as a reference to an event. I was saying the event affects their scrutiny level, IMO.

I never said anything about an embassy using a website as their guidebook. Also the link I posted was an ICE news release not a news site.

I never mentioned any tweets, Instagram or Facebook... where did you get that?

You don’t believe a history of fraud would impact their scrutiny? 

Believe whatever you choose. I’m just stating my belief, based on recent events and feedback from others going through the process.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

I wasn’t talking about the website being their source for adjudication, I  used it as a reference to an event. I was saying the event affects their scrutiny level, IMO.

I never said anything about an embassy using a website as their guidebook. Also the link I posted was an ICE news release not a news site.

I never mentioned any tweets, Instagram or Facebook... where did you get that?

You don’t believe a history of fraud would impact their scrutiny? 

Believe whatever you choose. I’m just stating my belief, based on recent events and feedback from others going through the process.

LPT:  Stop personalizing things.

First, its not healthy if you think 'everyone is out to get you'.

Second it really shows the emptiness of your position when all you can do is start to parse things for minutia.  I didn't tell you to inhale, then exhale, would you??

Lastly, There are people that know more than you, and people that know more then me.  You can get some of that knowledge buy having a conversation.  If there is a list, I'll be happy to read it.  

PS:  No one here knows what an adjudicator is thinking.   'Others going through the process' means nothing.  You either get the visa or a 221.  No one is getting anything more than that.  If you think you can devine what they are thinking, you're can't.

I'm on my third go round.  So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Edited by SmallTownPA

• 4 months later...

Hello guys, im facing the same situation right now.

They gave my wife a 221g blue slip asking the same stuff but states in the letter that once we have gather all information schedule an appointment at the Consulate to submit the requested documents.

NOW MAY I ASK. If my case had to go through AP, they would have told her at the first interview right? I know it's possible that the case will have to go through AP after our 2nd appointment. I'm hoping mine will goes the same as yours did. ANY EXPERIENCE?

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 7.44.43 PM.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, billandmy said:

Hello guys, im facing the same situation right now.

They gave my wife a 221g blue slip asking the same stuff but states in the letter that once we have gather all information schedule an appointment at the Consulate to submit the requested documents.

NOW MAY I ASK. If my case had to go through AP, they would have told her at the first interview right? I know it's possible that the case will have to go through AP after our 2nd appointment. I'm hoping mine will goes the same as yours did. ANY EXPERIENCE?

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 7.44.43 PM.png

This thread started almost a year ago, and there is the consulate's web site that has almost the exact same info (although OP did everyone a major solid by going into detail).

Sorry you got 221'd, but its not like a little research wouldn't have mitigated it.

Keep checking VJ and this forum specifically.. like 2-3 times a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.