22 posts in this topic

Im happy for you. Use the guides for AOS and search out SSN thread here on VJ and then i think you're ready for the next phase. Safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, Chub08 said:

Congrats! :) What were the questions asked? 

These: 

What state does your fiance live?

What does he do for work? What company? 

How many times did he visit? When?

Why is your birth certificate registered late?

How many times you've traveled outside the country? Where, when and for how long?

I think that the standard are 5 questions being asked for each applicant but CO's are asking follow up questions for them to make sure that your answer genuine. I don't know, it's just a guess.

14 hours ago, VIP_LadyLuck said:

The interview lasted for only 2-3 minutes. Arrived at the USEM today, 5/30/2019 at 6:40 AM and was done  at 8:20ish. Consul never asked for any supporting docs from me but I noticed she did on the other applicants before me so I would recommend everyone to be prepared just in case. To me, the experience was fast, thorough and no stress at all as long as you know your fiancee/fiance.

The medical exam at SLEC is another story but I'm glad it's done.

Monday - Medical exam day 1

Tuesday - Shots and releasing of med result

Wednesday - My rest day, had fever but I detoxified with fresh fruit juices and antioxidants - selenium and more. By 2pm, I'm back to normal.

Thursday - Interview day Passed

Friday - CFO seminar 

Saturday - Back to where I came from and start selling my stuff😂

I was able to do this K1 Visa application up to interview seamlessly with Visa Journey's vast information about K1 and the people who took their time to provide steps, share their knowledge and pretty much handed everything to me in a silver platter.

Special thanks to Sir @Greenbaum and Sir Hank for your effort, expertise, knowledge and big help with K1 and USEM processes. 

Next step, I will research here about moving to US - what to bring etc., how to get ssn and AOS process.

POE in US - 7/18/2019

Church Wedding - 9/7/2019 - doing face to face meeting using Hangout with our parish deacon to lessen the pre-wedding seminar time, usually takes 9 months!

342352258_HOWGREATISOURGOD.jpg.0190d18ff5d3d3bdf573e002a9a6c7c5.jpg

My fiance going to have her interview in two weeks after the medical same week. Any tips for the medical? Thanks and congratulations!!!

5 hours ago, AFTex70 said:

My fiance going to have her interview in two weeks after the medical same week. Any tips for the medical? Thanks and congratulations!!!

Thanks! 

Advise your fiancee to go there at 7am, not earlier and do it on a Wednesday and Thursday. I had to do everything in a week because travel time from my city to Manila is 6+ hours.

If she had medical procedure/s done, make sure she gets a medical certificate from her doctor/surgeon, (I got it from the hospital's medical record and had my doctors signed the certificate). Make sure it indicates what procedures were done, result and findings on the remark fields. I forgot to bring my histopath report on my first day of medical but they accepted printed copy instead of the original on the second day when I had my shots and result.

Make sure she eat breakfast and bring at least a small bottle of water. Food is not allowed in the center. 

Good luck on her medical and interview!

20 hours ago, AFTex70 said:

Those are good tips from @VIP_LadyLuck. I would add that they keep it pretty COLD in the facility so bring a sweater. Most women complain that it's way too cold.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 5/31/2019 at 10:41 PM, AFTex70 said:

Thanks... She have her interview in 2 weeks and the medical same week. Monday and Tuesday, then the interview Thursday.  She have to fly to Manila, no other way... 

Reminding you guys about the CFO seminar. Philippine immigration will not let her board the plane without the CFO sticker on her passport and the certificate. She can attend the seminar and get her certificate then get the sticker at a later time. I'm done with the seminar but I will get my sticker a day or 2 days before my flight.

Best of luck with her medical and interview! Tell her to relax, it's just easy peasy :). I was more anxious about my medical because of my med history than the actual embassy interview. It was a breeze!

***Topic moved to Philippines regional discussion area****

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Immigration Journey:

• Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
  • "..case ready to be scheduled for interview" on 5/29/2019

5 hours ago, Jenkitkat said:

Hi did you receive already your passport with visa? I am waiting for 12 days now and i havent heard anything from USEM or 2go

Not yet. I was just approved last Thursday, 5/30 so I wouldn't expect anything until next week. You can track your application by checking it at:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker - I used Immigrant then entered my MNL#, last time I check was this morning - it was updated on 5/31 as AP-

I haven't check it yet as of this time

You can also track your passport via 2GO at: (only use this is if your passport is in transit via CEAC)

https://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp - just enter your passport number in the field

Or this way:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

Or send an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com - in the subject line, just enter your passport number and leave the email body blank

Or better yet - call the embassy :)

On 5/31/2019 at 10:37 PM, Greenbaum said:

Those are good tips from @VIP_LadyLuck. I would add that they keep it pretty COLD in the facility so bring a sweater. Most women complain that it's way too cold.

Oh yeah. Most had jackets on. I wasn't concerned because I'm used to the cold. I live in Baguio and we "eat" cold weather everyday haha

Hello there! I was also approved last May 30! I was on the 7:45 am schedule. We’ve probably seen each other there lol. 

My case is also updated on 5/31 and it’s still on AP until now. I made a post looking for others who were in the same interview date and were also approved. 

17 hours ago, ethanx said:

Hello there! I was also approved last May 30! I was on the 7:45 am schedule. We’ve probably seen each other there lol. 

My case is also updated on 5/31 and it’s still on AP until now. I made a post looking for others who were in the same interview date and were also approved. 

Probably lol. I was the one who had a black ecobag😂

Mine was last updated on 6/4. Since it's a holiday on 6/5, they probably started working on cases yesterday, 6/6. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Anyway, if you haven't receive your visa in 10 days you can contact them for a follow up.

Good luck and God bless you on your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.