LOve17

K-1 filers - APR/MAY 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

676 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

The January & February thread looks super helpful so I decided to start one for those of us that got a NOA2 in April & May. Hopefully we can all help each other out here.

☺️

3 hours ago, LOve17 said:

Has anyone gotten their police checks yet? Is it appropriate to get it right after the NOA2 approval? How long does it usually take to come in the mail?

Definitely a good time to get police checks. They take about 2 weeks or less. Also I recommend getting any needed vaccines (as some double dose ones need a month-ish if you have to get them) or vaccine documentation. :)

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline

I got my police check done as soon as we got the NOA2. I did the fingerprints under the privacy act and got the form in the mail today! I am nervous though, it doesn’t seem like it has a lot of information. It just says no personal information about you was found in the data bank then a file number beside it. Then it says privacy act request type: Other (provide details) but then there are no details. It also has the date I was fingerprinted, etc. Is this correct? 

1 hour ago, StephanieB said:

I got my police check done as soon as we got the NOA2. I did the fingerprints under the privacy act and got the form in the mail today! I am nervous though, it doesn’t seem like it has a lot of information. It just says no personal information about you was found in the data bank then a file number beside it. Then it says privacy act request type: Other (provide details) but then there are no details. It also has the date I was fingerprinted, etc. Is this correct? 

Sounds like the exact correct one! In some old threads we have seen it varies whether or not they put "other" with no details, or "for non-certified criminal information" - but either of these have worked with no issues at the interview. The databank number is "CMP-PPU-030", iirc they all say that same databank # but don't quote me on that :)

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline

Joining this thread as I've just received my NOA2 today! 😄

Now to get started on the next part of this process, starting with the police check!

Edited by moonbunnys

🌷K1 Visa Timeline🌷

🌸K1 Filed - March 8th, 2019

🌸NOA1 - March 15th, 2019

🌸NOA2 - May 22nd, 2019

🌸NVC Received - June 17th, 2019

🌸Consulate Received - July 11th, 2019

🌸Interview - October 23rd, 2019

Timeline
2 hours ago, MeghanK said:

Sounds like the exact correct one! In some old threads we have seen it varies whether or not they put "other" with no details, or "for non-certified criminal information" - but either of these have worked with no issues at the interview. The databank number is "CMP-PPU-030", iirc they all say that same databank # but don't quote me on that :)

That’s the data bank number mine said. This is such a stress reliever! I was so worried I got the wrong check done haha. Thank you so much for the response!! 

Timeline

^ Us recent NOA2's need to receive/send our packet 3 before they send us packet 4 which will allow us to schedule interview. (I'm pretty sure! Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong :D) It seems interviews for Montreal are already going into July so I'm preparing myself for August/September interviews.

🌷K1 Visa Timeline🌷

🌸NOA1 - March 15th, 2019

🌸NOA2 - May 22nd, 2019

Timeline
15 hours ago, moonbunnys said:

^ Us recent NOA2's need to receive/send our packet 3 before they send us packet 4 which will allow us to schedule interview. (I'm pretty sure! Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong :D) It seems interviews for Montreal are already going into July so I'm preparing myself for August/September interviews.

USCIS sends package to NVC, NVC assigns MTL case # then sends package to Montreal, once Montreal receives it they send out P3, we send back P3 with DS-160 and copy of passport Bio page, they send us P4, we can book interview.

I'm also hoping for an August interview! If not, then September. I also don't think I've been assigned a case # at NVC yet (NOA2 May 10th) so I'm guessing my package will be sent to Montreal at the next shipment (June 11th) instead of tomorrows shipment (May 28th). You can try calling NVC to see if you've been assigned a case number. Let us know here if you have :) 

Edited by LOve17

Timeline

Fiance went to get his finger prints taken for police cert today. ^^

They actually said it may take a few weeks to get the police certificate back since the place he went to told him they were seeing "a huge increase in requests lately". I thought that was interesting. This was in Vancouver, btw. Glad we got them early.

Edited by moonbunnys

🌷K1 Visa Timeline🌷

🌸NOA1 - March 15th, 2019

🌸NOA2 - May 22nd, 2019

Timeline
19 hours ago, moonbunnys said:

Fiance went to get his finger prints taken for police cert today. ^^

They actually said it may take a few weeks to get the police certificate back since the place he went to told him they were seeing "a huge increase in requests lately". I thought that was interesting. This was in Vancouver, btw. Glad we got them early.

Hey, I got mine done in Richmond and they told me the same thing. I was worried about the time line of getting it back but then I got it in the mail exactly one week later! 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Rob and Sandy said:

Or status changed to ready on CEAC today. 

Congratulations y'all! 

Same!! So exciting!! I know that others sent in their P3 without physically receiving it in the mail. What’s everyone’s thoughts? Is that what you all are going to do? I’m comtemplating since P3 can take a couple of weeks to get in the mail. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.