TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,376 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, umerdec08 said:

I am in AP since 12th December 2018 .. for IR-1 visa category , does anyone go their Visa recently ( from Islamabad , Pakistan ) 

If you read through the thread you'll see a few.  CR1/Ir1 cases have been approved in Islamabad anywhere from 7 months onwards.  It's about an average of 9 1/2 months waiting time.

How many updates have you had?   We had another update today without inquiry..no change but updates are a mood changer around here.  lol

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

If you read through the thread you'll see a few.  CR1/Ir1 cases have been approved in Islamabad anywhere from 7 months onwards.  It's about an average of 9 1/2 months waiting time.

How many updates have you had?   We had another update today without inquiry..no change but updates are a mood changer around here.  lol

Hi Ahmed&freda how you guys, well good to know your case got updated mine too updated exactly after two month and that too without inquiry well 4 months has been passed since had my interview let's see....

10 hours ago, Rami91 said:

Hey, do all cases requires filling ds260 form?

Yes all immigrant visas require a DS-260 for each beneficiary.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

My husband received his visa approved passport from the US Embassy in Pakistan and he was supposed to travel to the United States for the first time, However designated airline refused to check him in on the day of the flight, because they received a notification from the CBP which prohibits any airline to board him. He was told to contact the nearest embassy. His visa was issued on November 19,2018 but when I checked the status on December 14,2018 it went from ‘issued’ to ‘ready’. Next day I got an email from the embassy with the attached document DS-5535. It says that under section 221(g) his visa application has been refused and they need additional information. I also got another email in which they asked him to return visa packet and passoprt for further processing. I also checked the ustraveldocs and it says that his case is under ‘expedited cases’ now. I filled that document and sent them back the other day. Till then they updated his case 4 or 5 times. It has been 8 months now. Last time they updated his case on May 3,2019.

I emailed the embassy but never got any response from them. Then I decided to visit congressman office. They sent an email to the embassy and they got answer within a week. In that email the embassy said that they’re working on this case but they didn’t say anything about how long they will take or why they took visa and passport from him after issuing visa. The congressman office said that they can’t do anything other than just following up with them through email. 

Has anyone came across of anything like this? How long did they take? 

If anyone know anything please let me know. I’m frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, nmalik said:

My husband received his visa approved passport from the US Embassy in Pakistan and he was supposed to travel to the United States for the first time, However designated airline refused to check him in on the day of the flight, because they received a notification from the CBP which prohibits any airline to board him. He was told to contact the nearest embassy. His visa was issued on November 19,2018 but when I checked the status on December 14,2018 it went from ‘issued’ to ‘ready’. Next day I got an email from the embassy with the attached document DS-5535. It says that under section 221(g) his visa application has been refused and they need additional information. I also got another email in which they asked him to return visa packet and passoprt for further processing. I also checked the ustraveldocs and it says that his case is under ‘expedited cases’ now. I filled that document and sent them back the other day. Till then they updated his case 4 or 5 times. It has been 8 months now. Last time they updated his case on May 3,2019.

I emailed the embassy but never got any response from them. Then I decided to visit congressman office. They sent an email to the embassy and they got answer within a week. In that email the embassy said that they’re working on this case but they didn’t say anything about how long they will take or why they took visa and passport from him after issuing visa. The congressman office said that they can’t do anything other than just following up with them through email. 

The Ds5535 and the long AP is not uncommon for Pakistan.  What is unusual is him getting the visa then not able to fly.   I've only ever seen a case similar that was revoked because something was found out after the visa was issued that made them ineligible for the visa.  In your husband's case I'm unsure what happened.  Could be it was issued by mistake and they needed to complete background checks before allowing him to fly to USA.  We have been in AP since the ds5535 for 9 months and still waiting.

On 7/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, nmalik said:

If you afford then you can go for lawsuit 

Only thing that can work

Timeline
1 hour ago, Engr017 said:

If you afford then you can go for lawsuit 

Only thing that can work

Hmm. I wanna wait couple more months because I have read threads where most of the people got their visas after 8 to 12 months so lets see what happens. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

The Ds5535 and the long AP is not uncommon for Pakistan.  What is unusual is him getting the visa then not able to fly.   I've only ever seen a case similar that was revoked because something was found out after the visa was issued that made them ineligible for the visa.  In your husband's case I'm unsure what happened.  Could be it was issued by mistake and they needed to complete background checks before allowing him to fly to USA.  We have been in AP since the ds5535 for 9 months and still waiting.

His background and everything else is clear. I guess they forgot to give him ds5535 at the time of interview. We can’t do anything but wait.😔 

prayers for you!! 

Aoa everyone here to spread a lil positivity Alhamdulillah visa got issued after 4 months of DS.

2 hours ago, Engr017 said:

Received green card

In how many days and which state are you in? I just reached today the immigration officer never told me when will I get my green card also need to change the mailing address

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sagittarius said:

Aoa everyone here to spread a lil positivity Alhamdulillah visa got issued after 4 months of DS.

In how many days and which state are you in? I just reached today the immigration officer never told me when will I get my green card also need to change the mailing address

Many Congratulations it's been long since we haven't had any positive news, I just checked mine ceac today updated again and last Tuesday updated as Well after 2 months, I am in AP since 4 months. I hope it will resolve in coming weeks. God bless everyone who sticks in AP.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Sagittarius said:

32 minutes ago, Sagittarius said:

Many many congrats  

4 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

Walaykum Salaam 

congratulations! It’s always great to hear some good news 😊

Timeline
9 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

Congrats🙃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.