BB&SVW

2Go in Robinson’s Place Manila almost lost my packet to US Embassy

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview on May 8th and unfortunately I got the dreaded 221g due to a missing AKA on my NBI Clearance. It’s a freaking miss on my part and I am absolutely bummed! So I went to NBI right away and got another NBI Clearance with AKA yesterday, May 10 and went straight to 2Go. There was already another lady who had the 221g packet too waiting to be assisted. He told me to sit and wait with her because he is “assisting all the other customers first.” It’s not a wait in line thing... it was more like wait until there are no other “paying” customers who will walk in. So finally after 30 minutes we were assisted. I had not sealed my envelope at this point because I wanted to make sure everything I put in there is correct. He took my envelope, put it in a plastic shipping thing and gave me a form to fill out. He said I don’t need to seal my envelope because the plastic thing is sealed anyway. Once done, I asked for my envelope back because I really want to seal it myself. I even bought a glue for it. He couldn’t find my envelope. We both know for sure it was with him because I asked him the first time that I would like to seal it, he said no need. In his little corner there, he just couldn’t find my envelope and it was only about 1-2 minutes, which was the time I filled out the form. So we kept looking and it turns out, HE GAVE MY FOLDER TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER who had bought a bunch of those plastic packing things and it was already in his package box! He was so distracted and absolutely unprofessional to not have handled these very important documents properly.

I am so upset and now am crazy worried if my 2 passports, my NBI and the whole packet will even arrive at the US Embassy. I prefer to deliver it myself but they wouldn’t let me. He told me the packet will reach the US Embassy on Tuesday - Monday being a holiday. I am so worried sick. My life depends on that envelope and he just casually gave it away!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, BB&SVW said:

I had my interview on May 8th and unfortunately I got the dreaded 221g due to a missing AKA on my NBI Clearance. It’s a freaking miss on my part and I am absolutely bummed! So I went to NBI right away and got another NBI Clearance with AKA yesterday, May 10 and went straight to 2Go. There was already another lady who had the 221g packet too waiting to be assisted. He told me to sit and wait with her because he is “assisting all the other customers first.” It’s not a wait in line thing... it was more like wait until there are no other “paying” customers who will walk in. So finally after 30 minutes we were assisted. I had not sealed my envelope at this point because I wanted to make sure everything I put in there is correct. He took my envelope, put it in a plastic shipping thing and gave me a form to fill out. He said I don’t need to seal my envelope because the plastic thing is sealed anyway. Once done, I asked for my envelope back because I really want to seal it myself. I even bought a glue for it. He couldn’t find my envelope. We both know for sure it was with him because I asked him the first time that I would like to seal it, he said no need. In his little corner there, he just couldn’t find my envelope and it was only about 1-2 minutes, which was the time I filled out the form. So we kept looking and it turns out, HE GAVE MY FOLDER TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER who had bought a bunch of those plastic packing things and it was already in his package box! He was so distracted and absolutely unprofessional to not have handled these very important documents properly.

I am so upset and now am crazy worried if my 2 passports, my NBI and the whole packet will even arrive at the US Embassy. I prefer to deliver it myself but they wouldn’t let me. He told me the packet will reach the US Embassy on Tuesday - Monday being a holiday. I am so worried sick. My life depends on that envelope and he just casually gave it away!

What is AKA

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

What is AKA

3 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

What is AKA

AKA stands for Also Known As. If you have used another name before like if previously married and used your ex husband’s last name as in my case. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, BB&SVW said:

... So we kept looking and it turns out, HE GAVE MY FOLDER TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER who had bought a bunch of those plastic packing things and it was already in his package box! He was so distracted and absolutely unprofessional to not have handled these very important documents properly.

The real question is did the folder ever show up?  Another customer left with it?  Did they bring it back?  If not it may be lost forever.  That's going to be a huge problem.

How could he tell you the packet will reach the embassy on Tuesday if someone else took it?

OK, now I read it again and see you say "ALMOST LOST.."  Hopefully all will be OK. Not much you can do now anyway.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

38 minutes ago, BB&SVW said:

Is this the Non working Holiday on Monday so people can vote that I see on TV that Duterte has imposed?

If so that is a stupid type of Holiday to invoke, I keep hearing about a liquor ban also coming, So strange

ChickBoy

Timeline
8 hours ago, Neonred said:

The real question is did the folder ever show up?  Another customer left with it?  Did they bring it back?  If not it may be lost forever.  That's going to be a huge problem.

How could he tell you the packet will reach the embassy on Tuesday if someone else took it?

OK, now I read it again and see you say "ALMOST LOST.."  Hopefully all will be OK. Not much you can do now anyway.

Yes it was already in someone else’s bag! Good thing the other customer hasn’t left yet

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, BB&SVW said:

Holy Moly .. that was a close call!   If he thinks you aren't paying a paying customer .. tell him you will report him to the embassy and maybe the embassy will start looking for a new courier, see how losing that "paycheck" would affect his day.

He gave you a receipt for the package?  Then you can track it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 5/11/2019 at 9:27 PM, Hank_ said:

Holy Moly .. that was a close call!   If he thinks you aren't paying a paying customer .. tell him you will report him to the embassy and maybe the embassy will start looking for a new courier, see how losing that "paycheck" would affect his day.

He gave you a receipt for the package?  Then you can track it.

Yes I was give a transmittal slip. I still don't trust them!!! 

Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 8:11 PM, Kartinee23 said:

What is AKA

What time did you go? We also got a 221G on May 9 and went to Robinson’s place 2go May 10 I’m nervous now after what you said on whether they are handling our documents professionally

Timeline
52 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

What time did you go? We also got a 221G on May 9 and went to Robinson’s place 2go May 10 I’m nervous now after what you said on whether they are handling our documents professionally

I was there from noon to 2PM. I did check their online tracking and it said my documents were delivered and received by Manuel Manalaysay. I check post history and him and it seems he does work at USEM or at least he is the one handling the shipments to and from USEM. 

My gosh THE STRESS! 

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.