Markuz

Philippines f4 visa waiting time

23 posts in this topic

How long does petitions under f4 visa(brothers and sisters of us citizens) get approved for applicants in the philippines? Not how long case was pending(waiting time of priority date to become current) but time between petition applied and approved. 

I am curious to know if there are cases that got approved after 20plus years. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Markuz said:

How long does petitions under f4 visa(brothers and sisters of us citizens) get approved for applicants in the philippines? Not how long case was pending(waiting time of priority date to become current) but time between petition applied and approved. 

I am curious to know if there are cases that got approved after 20plus years. Thank you.

There are cases both above and below the 20 year mark that got approved. But the timeline is growing. It is taking 20+ years currently. In 10 years it may be close to 30.

Not to mention, there is talk that the sibling category may be eliminated in the future.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

49 minutes ago, Markuz said:

I know from personal experience with a coworker it was 18 years and that was 2 years ago. It was so long that when her sister and nephew came here they were asking me questions about him having to sign up for the draft. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/8/2019 at 8:04 AM, Markuz said:

Yes.im curious if nvc checks derivative info before adding and letting them to be scheduled for an interview. 

Usually they do but sometimes they let the embassy decide on that. Are you a derivative child? What stage is the F4 petition in?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Markuz said:

Yes im a derivative child. We are scheduled for an interview. 

Let us know the outcome. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/25/2019 at 8:52 AM, Markuz said:

Yes im a derivative child. We are scheduled for an interview. 

Hi Markuz, 

I have the same case. I am already 27 years old. PD 16dec97. approval date : we do not know it(My uncle said he didnt received it).

We paid the IV fees $325. and will not be uploading our documents online. 

Are you done on your interview?

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, Arcel said:

Hi Markuz, 

I have the same case. I am already 27 years old. PD 16dec97. approval date : we do not know it(My uncle said he didnt received it).

We paid the IV fees $325. and will not be uploading our documents online. 

Are you done on your interview?

Hi arcel

Not yet because of another lab test. We were rescheduled this month. I hope all goes well. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, Arcel said:

Good luck bro. Update us what when thru. It means a lot

Hi. i was denied. My Cspa age was only checked by the consul. The embassy even emailed us before the interview to make sure i bring cenomar. There was no comment during the prescreening. They even let me sign the letter that i should not marry before i enter the states. So i guess NVC really doesnt check it as well. Its sad that they let me go through this far just to inform me im not eligible.

So sorry to hear about the denial/ineligibly. The obscurity of immigration is really frustrating. This is why I always advise people to go through this process with cautious optimism because it is never guaranteed.

Hope it all works out for you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.