Commish10

My fiancee decided she does not want to be married

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

The current status is AP awaiting additional documents. Should I send a letter to the NVC revoking the petition?

Email the embassy as they are the ones in control of the petition. You can contact NVC too if you want. Sorry this happened.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Sorry to hear this has happened to you again. Is she certain about this? Would perhaps delaying a little to give her time to think be a good idea? Sometimes we make rash decisions in the heat of the moment which we later regret. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

The current status is AP awaiting additional documents. Should I send a letter to the NVC revoking the petition?

You need to send to the location that is in possession of the petition. 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

NVC has nothing to do with revoking the petition.   Contact the embassy at this point.   Email would be best as I am sure they want something in writing.

Contacting the Embassy

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 hours ago, Hank_ said:

NVC has nothing to do with revoking the petition.   Contact the embassy at this point.   Email would be best as I am sure they want something in writing.

Contacting the Embassy

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 548-8223, (632) 792-8988.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

I have had no luck trying to contact US Embassy via Email.   I have never tried skype, that might be better.

ChickBoy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Falcon Cara said:

I have had no luck trying to contact US Embassy via Email.   I have never tried skype, that might be better.

You have to be patient with email, you will not get an instant response, it will be a few days usually

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Sorry to hear about this....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Falcon Cara said:

I have but it takes the better part of a week and your email subject should be in the proper form

YMMV

10 hours ago, Commish10 said:

I am sorry to hear about this as well. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.