Shotta558

I-129f [merged threads]

22 posts in this topic

I am preparing for the interview with my fiance and I was reading that I need to give her the i129f petition I don't understand I gave that to the USCIS is it true that I need the i129f petition can someone please help me through this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

For safety, she should have a full copy of what was sent to USCIS.

This is so she can be familiar with its contents and be able to discuss them with the visa officer.

USCIS also might have lost certain contents that the visa officer might want.

------------------

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the K-1 Process forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A word to the wise, from now on, I strongly encourage that you make a copy of any documents, i.e., petitions/applications/correspondence, either sent or received, during your immigration journey. There have seen instances where documents sent to these large bureaucracies have been lost or damaged. The responsibility on replacing these documents solely lies with the petitioner and/or beneficiary.  If you can't document it, it didn't happen.

For anything that you have previously sent/received, and didn't retain a copy, pray that it doesn't get lost or destroyed in the processing.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Shotta558 said:

I am preparing for the interview with my fiance and I was reading that I need to give her the i129f petition I don't understand I gave that to the USCIS is it true that I need the i129f petition can someone please help me through this

It is fine, as long as she knows basic information from it, like names if your parents, and where you work/live.

Did you fill out 129F in Acrobat? In that case you should have a copy saved of it on your computer.  She doesn't really need it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Shotta558 said:

What could I do I sent that information to the USCIS and I didn't make any copies

The expectation is that the PDF forms are filled out using a computer, so you would just reprint the copies.

Seems like you filled them out by hand.

You can't do anything about it now.

IME, we didn't need our I-129F for the embassy interview or point of entry. I would not worry about it (but still advise anyone reading this to make copies of the I-129F and other docs sent to USCIS).

Moving forward though, make electronic and physical copies of everything you receive from the government and everything you send to the government. There are several decent apps for smart phones for scanning documents that you should download and experiment with to get the right result ... raw photos of documents suck.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Moving forward though, make electronic and physical copies of everything you receive from the government and everything you send to the government. There are several decent apps for smart phones for scanning documents that you should download and experiment with to get the right result ... raw photos of documents suck.

Good comments. This reminded me of another thing that I have done throughout our immigration journey. After the completion of a particular process, I have sure that the documents/applications/petitions are scanned into computer files, primarily PDF, and have copied that all of the data to CDs. It makes for much quicker access to the information, rather than fumbling around a pile o' papers, should the need arise.

YMMV.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, Lil bear said:

Moved to Caribbean sub forum as the question will be best answered by members with knowledge of the local Consulate and its practices 

What could I do I sent that information to the USCIS and I didn't make any copies

Thank you guys I really appreciate it she knows alot about me and she knows my family I know it since I was 13 but if I don't have that i129f form with that automatically deny the Visa

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pitaya said:

and have copied that all of the data to CDs.

Modern day version of it is to keep it Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. You'd be hard pressed to find modern computer with CD/DVD Rom. I scan every letter from USCIS, and keep copies of filled PDF forms on Google Drive directory that I share with the my now wife. Also Google Sheets personal timeline of the dates when things are filed for and received. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Shotta558 said:

Thank you guys I really appreciate it she knows alot about me and she knows my family I know it since I was 13 but if I don't have that i129f form with that automatically deny the Visa

Nobody will deny her visa because of that. They do not ask for 129F.  There is a list of document she needs to bring with her that should've been provided her by the embassy, 129F is not on it. But I-134 probably is.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shiran said:

Modern day version of it is to keep it Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. You'd be hard pressed to find modern computer with CD/DVD Rom. I scan every letter from USCIS, and keep copies of filled PDF forms on Google Drive directory that I share with the my now wife. Also Google Sheets personal timeline of the dates when things are filed for and received. 

Sure, you can use whatever floats your boat. 💽 We didn't have easy access to those new-fangled things when we were in the midst of our immigration journey in the distant past of 4 years ago.:)

I called the USCIS and the agent told me that paper should have nothing to do with the embassy uscis have already approved it and they should not need the i129 form

4 hours ago, Shotta558 said:

I called the USCIS and the agent told me that paper should have nothing to do with the embassy uscis have already approved it and they should not need the i129 form

However, unless I misread something, while she does not need the 129F, she should have all the originals of the copies of documents that were submitted with the 129F.

This is the only opportunity for someone to actually check the originals, to verify the copies. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, wxman22 said:

However, unless I misread something, while she does not need the 129F, she should have all the originals of the copies of documents that were submitted with the 129F.

This is the only opportunity for someone to actually check the originals, to verify the copies. 

I don't know where you read this.   I supplied no original or certified original documents.  The applicant possessed her originals, but that is the typical requirement 

YMMV

21 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I don't know where you read this.   I supplied no original or certified original documents.  The applicant possessed her originals, but that is the typical requirement 

One place I read it was here:

https://citizenpath.com/k-1-visa-interview-checklist/

"

Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé

A complete photocopy of the K-1 fiancé visa petition (Form I-129F) that the U.S. citizen petitioner filed with USCIS. This should include original copies of all supporting documents submitted in connection with Form I-129F.

But guess what?

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.