andreaam

ARGENTINA Packet 3 + Embassy interview

643 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, KBCN said:

Dropped off our packet this morning!!! Now have to wait for our interview on Oct. 10th! If anyone has any additional tidbits on what questions might be asked or other information we should know, we are more than grateful to get your advice! I did check some of your timelines/profiles and those that left embassy reviews was super helpful! 

I also wanted to say thank you so much to everyone for helping, providing their own information on what they did, and your own experiences! You all have been so helpful and I'm so fortunate that we had a place to go to ask questions and get answers and help! We even ran into the same issue on the Police Certificate as someone else without having the article on it, and because of someone sharing what they did, were able to easily get it corrected in 24 hours! So seriously, just thank you all so much ❤️ 

You are SO welcome!  Please make sure you read back, there are plenty of posts from each of us as to what questions were asked.  Do you have the list of questions as well?  If not, I can post it.  These are helpful questions to be prepared for.  Also, be familiar with what is in the packet (both for the beneficiary and the petitioner).  For my husband and I, we were able to attend together, we made sure we were dressed casual-professional (no jeans or sneakers, etc.).  Some people get approve with jeans and sneakers, we just wanted to represent ourselves well and took it as if it were a job interview.  Also, as @Fernanda R Sanz mentioned, do not try to study anything while you are waiting, we may or may not be paranoid.  But, better be safe than sorry.  My husband and I just had casual conversations or were quiet (avoided being seen as having to "prepare" ourselves).  Then, we got to talking to a father and son that were doing a family visa and just kept everything as natural as possible.  As you move on to the AOS and such, please make sure you follow that thread.  People such as @andreaam, @Javier Mera, and I are keeping it as live as possible.  AND, don't forget about those to come, so feel free to stay as active on this one to help those that follow. 🥰

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

1 hour ago, WickedWorld said:

Hi Everyone!!! 

We got our NOA2 on September 13th. Should we wait another week or two before contacting the NVC for a case number?

Thanks

Congratulations!!! It can take up to six weeks to get the case number from NVC, but you can go to their website and update your e-mail address in the meantime. Then, wait a week and email them asking about your case (some have gotten lucky). Hope that helps!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Fe.Ta Thank you again! I will go back through the thread and see what everyone has said about the questions. We also have googled questions and looked through the forums in general. Was more curious about the U.S. Embassy in Argentina/their questions versus other countries and general lists. I think it's pretty standard from what I've seen, stuff around how we met, jobs, marriage plans, etc. If there is anything out of the box that you think of, I'll take any advice :D 

I also looked at our group's timelines for consular/embassy reviews - those were really, really helpful! I feel a lot more confident on what to do when we get there because of this wonderful group of people!!

Thanks so much! 

Timeline
19 hours ago, WickedWorld said:

Hi Everyone!!! 

We got our NOA2 on September 13th. Should we wait another week or two before contacting the NVC for a case number?

Thanks

Congrats!!! 

It took us around 3 weeks to have our file arrive to the NVC from USCIS and then another week to get the case number from the NVC. I would probably try calling closer to 4 weeks after your NOA2 approval date. Also, like @Fe.Ta mentioned, you can put in a request on the NVC website to try and prompt emailed information from the NVC.  I followed this forum after we got the approval and were waiting for the NVC. It has people from all different countries, but at least indicates some common questions everyone was curious about during this "waiting phase." 

On the first page, this guide was pretty helpful: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view 

The guide will also tell you where to go to update your email/try and get email notifications from the NVC

If you do want to call the NVC, I recommend the 603-334-0888 phone number - this is for "nonimmigrant visas" which the K1 falls under. I had a lot more success getting through on this line faster then the other number. 

The other helpful thing is knowing the shipment dates from the NVC to the embassies. NVC does two bulk shipments twice per month. By the time we got our NVC number (8/20), we weren't on the 8/20 shipment, so we just had to sit and wait for the 9/3 shipment (another two weeks). 

21 minutes ago, KBCN said:

@Fe.Ta Thank you again! I will go back through the thread and see what everyone has said about the questions. We also have googled questions and looked through the forums in general. Was more curious about the U.S. Embassy in Argentina/their questions versus other countries and general lists. I think it's pretty standard from what I've seen, stuff around how we met, jobs, marriage plans, etc. If there is anything out of the box that you think of, I'll take any advice :D 

I also looked at our group's timelines for consular/embassy reviews - those were really, really helpful! I feel a lot more confident on what to do when we get there because of this wonderful group of people!!

Thanks so much! 

Definitely read through our posts, most of us posted the questions the same day of our interviews.  Nothing rare off the top of my head, but if I think of something, I will let you know.

You are SO welcome! :)

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Just checking in on everyone!  Any updates?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Interview was yesterday - APPROVED! Was a super exciting day and celebrated last night together with my fiance's family 🤗

I'll add more information to our profile/timeline about our interview, process, etc. Thanks to those before us sharing your experiences, we went into the Embassy feeling confident on what to expect and the steps to take! Seriously, you all have been the biggest help and we are so grateful to have such a wonderful group to answer questions and be supportive - thank you all so much! 

Hope everyone else is doing well and have a great weekend! 

23 minutes ago, KBCN said:

Interview was yesterday - APPROVED! Was a super exciting day and celebrated last night together with my fiance's family 🤗

I'll add more information to our profile/timeline about our interview, process, etc. Thanks to those before us sharing your experiences, we went into the Embassy feeling confident on what to expect and the steps to take! Seriously, you all have been the biggest help and we are so grateful to have such a wonderful group to answer questions and be supportive - thank you all so much! 

Hope everyone else is doing well and have a great weekend! 

CONGRATULATIONS!  HOORAY!  We are so glad to be of help to you and those to come just like others were for us.  Keep on posting and don't forget to join the AOS as you move through the process.  When do you plan on coming to the U.S.?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

Thanks so much @Fe.Ta - you've been so wonderful and helpful! ❤️Definitely plan to join the AOS forums (I might already be following one). As long as my fiance's passport/visa show up next week, we are planning to head back to the U.S. together towards the end of this month!

7 minutes ago, KBCN said:

Thanks so much @Fe.Ta - you've been so wonderful and helpful! ❤️Definitely plan to join the AOS forums (I might already be following one). As long as my fiance's passport/visa show up next week, we are planning to head back to the U.S. together towards the end of this month!

You are so welcome!  Awesome!  We did that too.  I was able to travel back with him, it is so exciting!  Make sure you put the sealed envelope in a place you can quickly grab and pull out at your POE (we put his in his backpack) and you must pack the x-rays in the carry-on (avoid putting them in the luggage in case it rains, gets lost, etc.).  Keep all of your documentation with you at all times, so pack everything on the luggage you will have with you always.  Just tips that helped us while traveling.

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Hi everyone! While we are still in Argentina, it seems like we should take advantage of the time and do any translating that we'll need later on in the green card process. Does anyone have a list or a resource I could look at to figure out what else we will need to get translated? I found "A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation." but I'm guessing there is more!

Also, maybe it's easier to do online and this isn't necessary -- so let me know if that's the case as well! :) I do want to make sure we take all the necessary papers when we move so that we don't have to deal with Argentine post. Thanks!!

1 minute ago, danilich33 said:

Hi everyone! While we are still in Argentina, it seems like we should take advantage of the time and do any translating that we'll need later on in the green card process. Does anyone have a list or a resource I could look at to figure out what else we will need to get translated? I found "A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation." but I'm guessing there is more!

Also, maybe it's easier to do online and this isn't necessary -- so let me know if that's the case as well! :) I do want to make sure we take all the necessary papers when we move so that we don't have to deal with Argentine post. Thanks!!

Translations can be done by you as well as @andreaam said and USCIS confirms that. You just need to add a phrase that acknowledges the translations was done by you and that you are fluent in both languages. Some of us just wanted to go through the professional route. Online is easier and can be expensive, but the choice is yours. For starters, the birth certificate will need to be translated and apostilled. The apostille MUST be done in Argentina. The translation can happen anywhere. All other documents that you presented in K1 such as a divorce decree, etc. will need to be translated. What documents do you have that are currently in Spanish? 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

6 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Translations can be done by you as well as @andreaam said and USCIS confirms that. You just need to add a phrase that acknowledges the translations was done by you and that you are fluent in both languages. Some of us just wanted to go through the professional route. Online is easier and can be expensive, but the choice is yours. For starters, the birth certificate will need to be translated and apostilled. The apostille MUST be done in Argentina. The translation can happen anywhere. All other documents that you presented in K1 such as a divorce decree, etc. will need to be translated. What documents do you have that are currently in Spanish? 

Ah, okay, great -- my fiancé can translate then. We will do the birth certificate here -- thanks for the call out on it needing to be apostilled. That wasn't mentioned on the list I looked at. I'm not sure what other forms there are for the rest of the process (once we get to the US) so that's what I was hoping to figure out. Maybe there isn't much else. He has never been married/divorced. 

1 hour ago, danilich33 said:

Ah, okay, great -- my fiancé can translate then. We will do the birth certificate here -- thanks for the call out on it needing to be apostilled. That wasn't mentioned on the list I looked at. I'm not sure what other forms there are for the rest of the process (once we get to the US) so that's what I was hoping to figure out. Maybe there isn't much else. He has never been married/divorced. 

If you are like us, never married or divorced and nothing weird with birth certificates, etc., then you just need to get the birth certificate legalized and apostille (read back on the thread we share the locations in Buenos Aires and what is needed). The legalization and apostille does need to happen in Argentina. Then, you can translate it so that the legalization and apostille can be translated as well, which is why we went the professional route. Hope that helps! If you follow the Argentinian AOS filers, then you can see the other steps and docs needed.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.