2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We waited approx. 3 months for our bio metrics appoint.

We had our AOS interview on 11/04, this past Monday @ USCIS San Antonio field office. We waited about 40 minutes past our scheduled time. Sign on the wall said if you wait longer than 45 minutes in the waiting room to contact a supervisor, but they grabbed us right before I was getting anxious.

Interview took about 23 minutes and was super easy. Basically he asked all the questions on the form, like "are you a terrorist" and "have you ever made bombs" and other things he warned us could be offensive or ridiculous. He said it's standard procedure and explained it very nicely.

He also said we were in a genuine relationship and he expects to approve us but needed to do a final background check and get his supervisor's final approval. He said it could take up to 4-5 weeks.

We were disappointed to hear it would take so much longer and that we weren't approved immediately. I was hoping to get a notification email or text, saying approved. But nothing yet.

Adjustment of Status
Event Date
CIS Office : San Antonio TX
Date Filed : 2019-05-15
NOA Date : 2019-05-22
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-08-20
AOS Transfer** :  
Interview Date : 2019-11-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 11/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, celie&joseph said:

Woke up to a "we have taken action on your case" text and email but didn't see anything updated on the old site and the app, so I waited till I got to work and checked the new site and:

image.png.3ee8978181a2133196370dc9c6749ad6.png

Yayy! 12 days before the interview lol but something is something.

Is this new card for I-485 (Green card) or is it for I-765 (work authorization)?

Does this mean you guys don't have to attend interview for green card?

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Is this new card for I-485 (Green card) or is it for I-765 (work authorization)?

No, this was for EAD. We still have our interview in 11 days, but now he can start applying at places earlier at least and calmly wait for the green card after his interview. Yay to small victories lol

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Unfortunately, no such thing as not attending a green card interview anymore 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Unfortunately, no such thing as not attending a green card interview anymore 

But I guess, if the card is being produced for green card (AOS) then what's the purpose of attending the interview as it's for AOS approval.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Liflead said:

But I guess, if the card is being produced for green card (AOS) then what's the purpose of attending the interview as it's for AOS approval.

It wasn't though,  it was EAD

YMMV

Timeline
11 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

No, this was for EAD. We still have our interview in 11 days, but now he can start applying at places earlier at least and calmly wait for the green card after his interview. Yay to small victories lol

Oh! It wud have been so nice of they had jus approved the AOS too without the interview 🙄.

They are jus unnecessarily making people wait for so long. I don't understand people who have applied for AOS had already gone through interview, medical, and background checks during K-1 process then why such a delay in adjustment of status. People came on K-1 entered US legally after almost a year long wait and rigorous process with a valid visa and now they are making us wait so long. It's so frustrating and disturbing.

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

It wasn't though,  it was EAD

👍

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Oh! It wud have been so nice of they had jus approved the AOS too without the interview 🙄.

They are jus unnecessarily making people wait for so long. I don't understand people who have applied for AOS had already gone through interview, medical, and background checks during K-1 process then why such a delay in adjustment of status. People came on K-1 entered US legally after almost a year long wait and rigorous process with a valid visa and now they are making us wait so long. It's so frustrating and disturbing.

👍

Yeah, I agree lol especially since many of these interviews are scheduled a few months into their arrival and then another interview again in 2 years. Seems redundant. I get that they want to make sure the marriage is real but the evidence is not gonna change much within 2 years lol  maybe a baby or two.. maybe a house... maybe a car. Maybe none of those. IMO in makes more sense to issue the 2 year conditional one with the interview waived and give the couple two years to gather evidence for the removal of conditions interview. Some don't even make it that long and went through the AOS interview for nothing basically.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
17 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Yeah, I agree lol especially since many of these interviews are scheduled a few months into their arrival and then another interview again in 2 years. Seems redundant. I get that they want to make sure the marriage is real but the evidence is not gonna change much within 2 years lol  maybe a baby or two.. maybe a house... maybe a car. Maybe none of those. IMO in makes more sense to issue the 2 year conditional one with the interview waived and give the couple two years to gather evidence for the removal of conditions interview. Some don't even make it that long and went through the AOS interview for nothing basically.

I second that thought 

YMMV

Timeline
4 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

I read somewhere that before 2017, the USCIS mostly used to waive off the interview and conduct only if needed. Interviews were just to check if the person who applied for AOS really present in the US if the proofs submitted aren't good enuf.

13 hours ago, Lizzady said:

As far as I know, If you already had your interview, the EAD/AP no longer matters because you'll get your green card provided you were approved after the interview. 

My PD May 28th, my Biometrics was done June 28th, my case still sits at "case received" "fingerprint fee received" no updates, no EAD/AP,  no interview. Nothing. 

163 days of silence as of today. 

Same here nothing Seattle 

21 hours ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Our Interview was scheduled!! :)  I hadn't checked the new site since his EAD was approved and apparently our interview was scheduled a week ago!  

Hi!

What is the interview date?

Thanks 

Cata

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi!

What is the interview date?

Thanks 

Cata

We are getting the letter today that tells us!  I'll report back when we know :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/5/2019 at 9:40 AM, dearmrcolumbus said:

We asked and was told that it required some more "computer work" and then a supervisor approval.   Once that is done - we could expect the card in 1-2 weeks.

My lawyer replied to my update with a "hopefully you should get an approval within the coming few weeks"  (lawyers being lawyers... non-committal to the max).

I'm hopeful that we'll get an update this week and then it's a just a rushing game. 

Best of luck!

Did you get any update or case status change? We still haven't heard anything and starting to get depressed again.

Filed: IR-4 Timeline
58 minutes ago, nekotakacho said:

Did you get any update or case status change? We still haven't heard anything and starting to get depressed again.

Yes!

Last night (10.12pm) - USPS picked up my card and it's now out for delivery so life is finally good again! 

Zero updates from USCIS before that so talk about a happy surprise as I was biking home along Guadalupe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.