StormCloudRising

Intent to Marry Sample Letter: Evidence?

38 posts in this topic

So I was looking at the K1-Guide and this leads me to looking at examples of Intent to Marry Letters on other sites. I am somewhat confused about what evidence I need to attach to the letter. Some people attach marriage invitations, Wedding Contracts for the ceremony and other stuff like this. My fiancee and I were going to keep our marriage simple at the courthouse and then have an extended vacation after our official marriage, touring the USA. Will it harm the process for us to marry and honeymoon like this? 

Also, I am supposed to send both of our "Intent to Marry Letters" with my package to the USCIS. Does mean that she will have to DHL or FedEx her signed a copy of the letter to me? Or can she copy it and send me that copy? 

Thank you,
    Worrisome Fiance. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, StormCloudRising said:

So I was looking at the K1-Guide and this leads me to looking at examples of Intent to Marry Letters on other sites. I am somewhat confused about what evidence I need to attach to the letter. Some people attach marriage invitations, Wedding Contracts for the ceremony and other stuff like this. My fiancee and I were going to keep our marriage simple at the courthouse and then have an extended vacation after our official marriage, touring the USA. Will it harm the process for us to marry and honeymoon like this? 

Also, I am supposed to send both of our "Intent to Marry Letters" with my package to the USCIS. Does mean that she will have to DHL or FedEx her signed a copy of the letter to me? Or can she copy it and send me that copy? 

Thank you,
    Worrisome Fiance. 

A simple statement of intent,  no other evidence needed.  You submit both statements in the petition submission 

She can sign, scan and email to you 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
14 minutes ago, StormCloudRising said:

So she will have to Priority mail to me her:

• Passport Style Photos
  • Signed - Intent to Marry Letter
  • "How you met" Letter

Correct?

Nothing needs to be sent via post.

What is "How you met" letter?  Why is this needed?

Have her get a 2x2 image file and send it to you you and print at Walgreens 

Have her print,  sign and then scan the intent statement to .pdf a d email to you 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Nothing needs to be sent via post.

What is "How you met" letter?  Why is this needed?

Have her get a 2x2 image file and send it to you you and print at Walgreens 

Have her print,  sign and then scan the intent statement to .pdf a d email to you 

I watched some "K1 Fiance Visa Packet" videos on youtube. They all had a seperate letter in them stating how the couple met. Both of them wrote their own letters and then signed them. I did not see this on the K1-Guide here on visajourney, but I didn't think it would hurt. 

Anyways what is more important to me is that her signature on her 'Intent to Marry' letter does not need to be 'wet ink', it can in-fact be scanned. Correct?

Correct, no wet signature is required.  And the very best and most current resource for putting together your petition is the actual instructions, printable from the USCIS site, called "optional checklist."

Timeline

Mistake #1- watching YouTube 

Only wet signature required is yours on the petition form itself.

The "circumstances of meeting " is 2 to 3 sentences and should fit in the space provided on the form

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Note that this video is also putting everything into a 3-ring binder, which USCIS explicitly asks you not to do.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Just now, payxibka said:

Mistake #1- watching YouTube 

Only wet signature required is yours on the petition form itself.

The "circumstances of meeting " is 2 to 3 sentences and should fit in the space provided on the form

Aha! Thank you very very much, both of you. Now I just need to figure out the proof of visitation stuff. Since I am missing some boarding passes, and although I have the receipts for purchasing the hotels/apartments- all I have as proof I was in them are some photos. I didn't get any copy of anything when I signed out or signed in. I hope it will all be enough, I have been there four times already. 

1 minute ago, StormCloudRising said:

Aha! Thank you very very much, both of you. Now I just need to figure out the proof of visitation stuff. Since I am missing some boarding passes, and although I have the receipts for purchasing the hotels/apartments- all I have as proof I was in them are some photos. I didn't get any copy of anything when I signed out or signed in. I hope it will all be enough, I have been there four times already. 

The very best primary evidence is actual passport stamps, even if the YouTube vids claim it to be an affidavit from your fiancee's grandma's neighbor who heard you were in town that one time.

Timeline
1 minute ago, StormCloudRising said:

Passport entry stamps?

You only need to prove ONE meeting within the past 2 years.  Concentrate on the one that you have the most complete evidence for.  Better to do one complete than 4 halfass 

YMMV

Filed: Other Timeline

I keep hearing about this "how we met" letter too! I don't know who came up with that lol but you don't need it nor do I think it will improve your chances at approval in any way. There is a section in the form itself for a good reason and it does say you can extend it to an additional paper if you'd like but your main goal here is to explain how you met and when and where you've seen each other in person in the last two years. No extra sugar coating needed. You'll be fine with your intent to marry letters and your visitation proof w/ a few pics.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.