Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Guys from your experience ( those who already had interviews) Does anybody know how much time USCIS gives you from sending the I-751 interview letter to the date of the interview? Thank you

About 30 days

14 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

September 2019? Your case is outside of normal processing times. Have you reached to Ombudsman, congressman or senator to inquire further?

Yes, i definitely have. My original office was Potomac, then after responding to an RFE my case got transferred to NBC and i’ve been waiting for my interview in Jacksonville for 5 months 😕

3 minutes ago, annab864 said:

Yes, i definitely have. My original office was Potomac, then after responding to an RFE my case got transferred to NBC and i’ve been waiting for my interview in Jacksonville for 5 months 😕

It took 31 months for my wife’s interview with no RFES.  

Files may 2019

interviewed Dec 2021

NBC

10 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

It took 31 months for my wife’s interview with no RFES.  

Files may 2019

interviewed Dec 2021

NBC

I am getting close to that timeframe.. Filed September 2019. Hoping to get an interview soon! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Guys from your experience ( those who already had interviews) Does anybody know how much time USCIS gives you from sending the I-751 interview letter to the date of the interview? Thank you

Depends on the local office.  For us (Newark, NJ), it was about one and a half months

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

If my I751 case is pending for over 27 months who can inquire to help me out to find out why? Ombudsman webpage states:"At this time, we are unable to assist with individual cases outside processing times, if that is the only issue you are encountering."

Congressman and senator just stated to wait. Is there anybody above Ombudsman who can tell me what's going on with my case? Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

If my I751 case is pending for over 27 months who can inquire to help me out to find out why? Ombudsman webpage states:"At this time, we are unable to assist with individual cases outside processing times, if that is the only issue you are encountering."

Congressman and senator just stated to wait. Is there anybody above Ombudsman who can tell me what's going on with my case? Thank you

Yeah....like I said....when I look it is max 36 months so I can enquire after 3 years lol. I received the 24 month extension but that expired January. My 551 passport stamp expires in July so will have to redo that. Other then that everything is just waiting. 

9 hours ago, lottles said:

Yeah....like I said....when I look it is max 36 months so I can enquire after 3 years lol. I received the 24 month extension but that expired January. My 551 passport stamp expires in July so will have to redo that. Other then that everything is just waiting. 

Where do you check 36 months processing times for I-751? 

2 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

People just check "all times" and assume that's a processing time for MSC. Anyway, I just made a habit to call them once a month (2nd tier) and ask if my file is still active, I wish I started it earlier... 

On 2/16/2022 at 11:37 AM, Rosa Garcia said:

I'm ready for interview since March 2021...

You and I both.. what is happening….?!

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

4 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

30 minutes ago, BobKat said:

You and I both.. what is happening….?!

https://immigrationimpact.com/2022/01/28/uscis-citizenship-files-locked-caves/#.YhW7lrep410

6 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Friends I need your advice.  If I drive to my field office in Miami will I be allowed to enter to get my i551 stamp? Anybody ever tried to enter without appointment? Uscis refuses appoitment due to lack of slots and I'm facing losing my job! 

It qualifies as an expedite.

Write to your Congressperson, it's just an email that they forward to the Field Office,it takes around 2 weeks to get an answer - you may have a better chance that way. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, LiRo said:

Yet here in local San Antonio offices 2 of my friends were scheduled naturalization appointments within 2 weeks and 3 months (2nd friend)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.