Commish10

Will the embassy send our stuff back

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last month my fiancee had her interview. She got a 221g for additional information. LCR Birth Certificate and Proof of Relationship which they did not look at cause they got hung up on the issue with her Birth certificate. Now we are ready to send everything. LCR Birth certificate, Passport, Photos, Chat Logs, Remittance receipts, cards/ letters etc. 

When they issue her visa, will they send all the proofs back? She is going to need it for the CFO. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Last month my fiancee had her interview. She got a 221g for additional information. LCR Birth Certificate and Proof of Relationship which they did not look at cause they got hung up on the issue with her Birth certificate. Now we are ready to send everything. LCR Birth certificate, Passport, Photos, Chat Logs, Remittance receipts, cards/ letters etc. 

When they issue her visa, will they send all the proofs back? She is going to need it for the CFO. 

No. The embassy does not return anything. That's why always important to have duplicates of everything. Especially birth certificates and such cause will need it later for AOS.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

No. The embassy does not return anything. That's why always important to have duplicates or everything.

So is probably best for her to do the CFO before we send which is already scheduled for April 29. More Delays. Scream

Timeline
1 minute ago, Commish10 said:

So is probably best for her to do the CFO before we send which is already scheduled for April 29. More Delays. Scream

CFO has nothing to do with the embassy really. That's strictly a Philippines thing. She could have done it before the interview with her passport, then after receiving the K-1 just gone back for the stamp/certificate; but now you'll have to wait to do it until you have the passport back. But she can call and see if they would allow her to without the passport, have heard of some instances where they will allow it.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

CFO has nothing to do with the embassy really. That's strictly a Philippines thing. She could have done it before the interview with her passport, then after receiving the K-1 just gone back for the stamp/certificate; but now you'll have to wait to do it until you have the passport back.

We did not send anything back yet. She has her passport. Will just wait for her to complete CFO before sending requirements to the embassy. I'm sure the CFO is going to want see photos and other evidence of relationship that will go to the embassy. 

Timeline
Just now, Commish10 said:

We did not send anything back yet. She has her passport. Will just wait for her to complete CFO before sending requirements to the embassy. I'm sure the CFO is going to want see photos and other evidence of relationship that will go to the embassy. 

Nope. Least when my husband went he didn't take anything except himself and his passport; but you can take stuff I suppose. 

02/03/2017 - Married 

4 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

We brought that with us during the interview and it was looked at by the CO but he gave it back to us. 

7 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

We brought that with us during the interview and it was looked at by the CO but he gave it back to us. 

Every document that was asked with our 221g was sent back too along with the request to submit passport 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Nope.   Normally that all goes in your case file.

Sometimes at POE they hand the photos back.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Don't they usually have a set time frame in which they want additional information, or is it different once you reach the interview stage?  I would send it all as quickly as possible.  The photos and communication logs can all be reprinted for CFO if you have to.  The Birth Cert, etc, she should have like 10 copies for future use.  AoS, RoM, Etc.

Timeline
7 hours ago, aratamorne said:

Don't they usually have a set time frame in which they want additional information, or is it different once you reach the interview stage?  I would send it all as quickly as possible.  The photos and communication logs can all be reprinted for CFO if you have to.  The Birth Cert, etc, she should have like 10 copies for future use.  AoS, RoM, Etc.

Yes, I believe the response time is 60 days, same as at USCIS

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

16 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Nope.   Normally that all goes in your case file.

Sometimes at POE they hand the photos back.

Hand photos back at POE?

That must be an extremely rare occurrence, how do they know your flight number and airline and date of travel?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Hand photos back at POE?

That must be an extremely rare occurrence, how do they know your flight number and airline and date of travel?

huh?  The photos are in the DO NOT OPEN envelope that is handed to the CBP agent at POE .. then he tears it open right there to sort through things.    Thought you had been down this road  few times already.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

They returned Roxan's original LCR birth certificate. They placed it inside the plastic envelope but outside of the magic yellow folder. It was very nice of them considering it was the original from 1987 and fragile as tissue paper)) YMMV...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

21 hours ago, Commish10 said:

CFO is going to want to see as a minimum: Your divorce decrees and bio page from your passport, her Cenomar, birth certificate and proof of relationship. See what the CFO page lists as required docs to bring. Keep in mind that they can ask for more things that are not on the list....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.