18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I also received the same RFE about birth certificate on Aug 11 and replied to them on 13 th,  even though I've sent the copy of my original bilingual (Indonesian-English) birth certificate on my initial application. I replied the RFE by sending them the same document and plus, an original translation by sworn translator.  My friend who sent the same document didn't get any RFE. So I assume they misplaced the document :(

Have you had any updates or responses from USCIS about your RFE @JunkTardis

K1 Visa

04/23/2018 - Mailed I-129F package to Dallas, TX

04/25/2018 - NOA 1 (old website)

04/30/2018 - Electronic NOA 1 (new website)

05/04/2018 - Received NOA 1 Hardcopy in mailbox (Notice Date : 04/30/2018)

11/06/2018 - NOA 2 via text message and old website

2 minutes ago, tirzajogja said:

I also received the same RFE about birth certificate on Aug 11 and replied to them on 13 th,  even though I've sent the copy of my original bilingual (Indonesian-English) birth certificate on my initial application. I replied the RFE by sending them the same document and plus, an original translation by sworn translator.  My friend who sent the same document didn't get any RFE. So I assume they misplaced the document :(

Have you had any updates or responses from USCIS about your RFE @JunkTardis

In a panic, I made an InfoPass appointment as well as sending USCIS/NBC replacement copies of my Birth Certificate with a note from myself saying 'The birth certificate was issued in England, the country where English came from...I cannot translate an English birth certificate to English'. I told InfoPass what happened and what actions I took and they found the entire thing absurd. They said I had done the correct thing by sending a replacement copy as they advised me that it may have gotten lost or misplaced and that the RFIE was a generic message with no real detail to it. My advice is what you have done, which is to send a replacement copy of the same document. Due to it being an RFIE, it does add some processing time onto your case so expect a delay whilst they confirm it. In my case it set me back about 1-2 months. I successfully obtained my EAD/AP at the end of June, and got my conditional Green Card 2 weeks ago with no issue 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 8/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, JunkTardis said:

In a panic, I made an InfoPass appointment as well as sending USCIS/NBC replacement copies of my Birth Certificate with a note from myself saying 'The birth certificate was issued in England, the country where English came from...I cannot translate an English birth certificate to English'. I told InfoPass what happened and what actions I took and they found the entire thing absurd. They said I had done the correct thing by sending a replacement copy as they advised me that it may have gotten lost or misplaced and that the RFIE was a generic message with no real detail to it. My advice is what you have done, which is to send a replacement copy of the same document. Due to it being an RFIE, it does add some processing time onto your case so expect a delay whilst they confirm it. In my case it set me back about 1-2 months. I successfully obtained my EAD/AP at the end of June, and got my conditional Green Card 2 weeks ago with no issue 

Thanks! I did send the same document with additional translation. I sent my RFE response and they have received it on Aug 13. Now just wait for the status to be updated. 

K1 Visa

04/23/2018 - Mailed I-129F package to Dallas, TX

04/25/2018 - NOA 1 (old website)

04/30/2018 - Electronic NOA 1 (new website)

05/04/2018 - Received NOA 1 Hardcopy in mailbox (Notice Date : 04/30/2018)

11/06/2018 - NOA 2 via text message and old website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.