Daisy.Chain

Chick-Fil-A Airport Opening Blocked

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

We've gone over that already. They said the actions of the business (specifically the owner) are anti-LGBT.  I'm am not arguing that assessment is correct. However CFA themselves have taken several steps to overcome this "perception" of them so they are at the very least aware of it. 

See, that is where I disagree with the SA city council, they are equating the owner's personal beliefs with the business and as I said, that opens up a can a worms for every business out there in SA.  This is not the same thing as the flower shop, or the cake maker, CFA does not discriminate in who they serve, so the actions of the company do not reflect the actions of the owner, which to me is where the SA CC fails.  I guess a court will decide. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

People keep wal mart out because it absolutley is cancer to small town local biz 

More so than Amazon?

5 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

More so than Amazon?

You are 100% spot on. I think I read somewhere, that last month for the first time ever online sales passed Brick and mortar

I am a big advocate of shop local. I just bought one of those fancy ZTR mowers from a local mom and pop shop. I probably paid a few dollars more, but by god that is worth being able to take it back to the place I bought it for service. My last mower I bought from Lowes and they shipped it 2 hours up the road to a corporate repair/rip off shop and it was a nightmare

As for Amazon, I admit I use it, Its just too darn easy.  example I needed a door knocker for the front door to replace the one that still had the former owners name on it after 7 years. I was done in 4 mins on amazon and 3 days later... boom there i was. Same think with the water filters I just bought for the fridge.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

you are way overestimating the pull of the city council. they got smashed recently on a referendum regarding the firefighters union and another one that basically forced the city manager out. it doesnt take much for a referendum in this city. the city council and the mayor are up for election in about 4 weeks, and odds are they remain, they dont tell us what to think, they are a fair representation of the views of people in this city already.

surprising, i know.

but pretty much, this is a liberal city, there are a few pockets of conservatives mostly in the northwest area where the Dominion is, but you also need to understand just how much of a Hispanic presence there is here and that more than anything is the biggest reason it leans more Democrat

What is interesting with such a large Hispanic presence, there would not be a more religious conservative viewpoint (not necessarily politically conservative) there.  Whatever, it is their choice, but I do have an issue calling it a Liberal city, I would call it a Leftist city as most real Liberals I know including myself, don't agree with excessive government intrusion into day-to-day lives.  In the case being discussed here, sure city councils and zoning boards have a lot of discretionary power, but when they deny a business opportunity for something specific like not meeting core values, I would think those core values have to be clearly defined and communicated to these businesses before they even attempt to move in and I am not sure if this is the case here.  Additionally, they are merging the actions or personal beliefs of the corporate owner with that of the business itself which is erroneous on its face.  It is a good business case study and to me would cause me pause if I was to look at a business in SA as the city council there would apparently dig into my personal background.  They may discriminate against me for being married to a Russian woman since they probably still believe the Russian collusion narrative.  The whole thing is a joke, but in the end, I don't really care as I never plan on going to or visiting SA.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You are 100% spot on. I think I read somewhere, that last month for the first time ever online sales passed Brick and mortar

I am a big advocate of shop local. I just bought one of those fancy ZTR mowers from a local mom and pop shop. I probably paid a few dollars more, but by god that is worth being able to take it back to the place I bought it for service. My last mower I bought from Lowes and they shipped it 2 hours up the road to a corporate repair/rip off shop and it was a nightmare

As for Amazon, I admit I use it, Its just too darn easy.  example I needed a door knocker for the front door to replace the one that still had the former owners name on it after 7 years. I was done in 4 mins on amazon and 3 days later... boom there i was. Same think with the water filters I just bought for the fridge.

I do sometimes use Amazon, but I tend to use it more for window shopping rather than for actual shopping.  I like to get outside and explore some stores, and often the service you get at a small store is much better than anything you would get from Amazon.  I also grow tired of all the emails asking me to write a reference, I will not write a reference for anything good or bad, if it is good, I will probably be back, if it is bad, I will not be back, simple as that.

As to water filters for the fridge, I am still on the fence with that, but they can definitely be expensive.

Timeline
10 hours ago, theresaL said:

I did a little digging behind the scenes. Maybe this whole thing isn't really about LGBTQ rights, but really about a powerful businessman wanting to prevent any real competition at the airport? Here's my theory, the SA airport has a Steak-n-Shake, which is owned by Biglari Holdings. Biglari Holdings is based in SA and probably has a lot of political influence, i.e. $$$$$$ donations to political campaigns. As they say, money talks and  . . . other things walk.

Would this surprise anyone?  Btw, the food at Steak-n-Shake is #######.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Would this surprise anyone?  Btw, the food at Steak-n-Shake is #######.

Not in the least. I agree I tried it once and it made me sick. 

9 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I do sometimes use Amazon, but I tend to use it more for window shopping rather than for actual shopping.  I like to get outside and explore some stores, and often the service you get at a small store is much better than anything you would get from Amazon.  I also grow tired of all the emails asking me to write a reference, I will not write a reference for anything good or bad, if it is good, I will probably be back, if it is bad, I will not be back, simple as that.

As to water filters for the fridge, I am still on the fence with that, but they can definitely be expensive.

I would imagine my tap water is fine, but I have a Filipino wife. Cooking and drinking tap water was unheard of. Took a while to get where she will  drink tap. I think I paid 24 for a 3 pack. Will last a year or more. As to the science who knows

It has  internal filter cartridge that screws into the fridge. The light comes on at 6 months or so. Of course I immediately start hearing about the Ebola water until I change it

6 hours ago, theresaL said:

Not in the least. I agree I tried it once and it made me sick. 

Steak and shake aint bad. The have number 9, which is bacon egg and cheese on a bagel. Good sandwich, but none can compare with a hardees steak biscuit 

10 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

See, that is where I disagree with the SA city council, they are equating the owner's personal beliefs with the business and as I said, that opens up a can a worms for every business out there in SA.  This is not the same thing as the flower shop, or the cake maker, CFA does not discriminate in who they serve, so the actions of the company do not reflect the actions of the owner, which to me is where the SA CC fails.  I guess a court will decide. 

I agree with that. As I said earlier, I was not agreeing with their decision, just explaining it. Also why I said they shouldn't have given the reason as they have left themselves open to legal issues. From the last article posted, they appear to have realized that.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

12 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

What is interesting with such a large Hispanic presence, there would not be a more religious conservative viewpoint (not necessarily politically conservative) there. 

they are more catholic, NOTHING like evangelicals

they tend to believe in things like immigration, and its why most people supported us being a sanctuary city as there is a sizable immigrant population here

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
14 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

All thse fast food talk. Not supposed to drive for another week or so.. Howver MS NB is at work and the Mickey D pancake breakfast is close and hot

Several years ago down here in the FL Keys, McDonalds wanted to open a location on Big Pine Key.  The locals were dead set against it.  Too much traffic and we just don't need that garbage on our little island. 

We do have 2 drive thru liquor stores, however.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

18 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Several years ago down here in the FL Keys, McDonalds wanted to open a location on Big Pine Key.  The locals were dead set against it.  Too much traffic and we just don't need that garbage on our little island. 

We do have 2 drive thru liquor stores, however.

priorities 😄

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

priorities 😄

Yep.  Several years ago there was a hurricane or tropical storm headed toward the Keys, and wife and I were leaving to head to our house on the mainland.  Stopped at the Winn Dixie to grab a few thinks for the ride and saw many of the locals buying their hurricane supplies.  In Naples when a hurricane comes people run to the store and pick up water and bread and canned goods, but on Big Pine the locals had their shopping carts stacked with beer and pretty much nothing else.

True story.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.