D n A

Support for I-134

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I read on the Immigration website that when you file the I-134 you need a letter from your banking institution stating total deposits for past year and a letter from your employer stating your annual income, position, how long you have been employed, and whether your position is permanent or temporary. Thats all.

It also states that IF...and only IF you are self employed do you need to submit your tax returns.

Am i understading this correctly? Has anyone submitted tax returns even if not self employed?

6 minutes ago, D n A said:

I read on the Immigration website that when you file the I-134 you need a letter from your banking institution stating total deposits for past year and a letter from your employer stating your annual income, position, how long you have been employed, and whether your position is permanent or temporary. Thats all.

It also states that IF...and only IF you are self employed do you need to submit your tax returns.

Am i understading this correctly? Has anyone submitted tax returns even if not self employed?

Yes most filers do submit their tax returns to include tax transcripts even if they are NOT self employed. If your income is above the 100% threshold there is no need for the banking letter, but letter from your employer yes include that. I did send my tax returns and transcripts to my fiancee in case she will be asked for them. It's better to be prepared than not. I might add that Morocco is a very tough embassy so you will need every edge.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

Depends on the embassy/ consulate what they want. Consulate in Frankfurt/Germany only asks for the last tax transcript and nothing else of what is listed there. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What are My Self-Employed Tax Obligations?

As a self-employed individual, generally you are required to file an annual return and pay estimated tax quarterly.

Self-employed individuals generally must pay self-employment tax (SE tax) as well as income tax. SE tax is a Social Security and Medicare tax primarily for individuals who work for themselves. It is similar to the Social Security and Medicare taxes withheld from the pay of most wage earners. In general, anytime the wording "self-employment tax" is used, it only refers to Social Security and Medicare taxes and not any other tax (like income tax).

The quarterly form is 1040 ES for estimated tax return

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/self-employed-individuals-tax-center

then at tax time you file normal 1040 and pay the normal income tax plus any remaining SS and Medicare you underestimated

Doing this gives you the normal needed tax transcripts for the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Depends on the embassy/ consulate what they want. Consulate in Frankfurt/Germany only asks for the last tax transcript and nothing else of what is listed there. 

The OFFICIAL instructions the logical place to start reading........then asking questions in the proper regional sub forum.........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Casa does not ask for banking but you could be asked in an RFE before all is approved

Best course of action is to have more than what's required.

Basics are:

I-134

most recent year tax return transcript (2017 until april 15, then 2018)

3-6 months of pay stubs or employer letter

if your income is close bring quarterly bank statements for a year if assets will help

optional is the other 2 years of tax returns.

Best option, to cover all bases is

3 years of tax return transcripts

1 year of bank statements

6 months of pay stubs

and employer letter

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

If you are self employed means you own your own business and have no employer so 

1 you need to do taxes as a business with your personal tax returns and

2 there is no employer to write a letter

best to follow IRS guidelines for doing your taxes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.