rupok93

Almost done with 129F, just some OCD questions? Help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I just have some last minute questions to absolutely make sure our K1 won't get rejected.

1. For evidence I submitted a written statement from my fiancee on how we met both signed by us, some 4X6 photos of us together and copies of my airline reservation/passport stamps. Is this ok?

2. It says to fill out the form with black ink, does that mean I have to write it all in or can I partially type it in acrobat and write in some stuff with black ink?

3. For the daytime phone for my fiancee, do I write in the country code?

4.  I have a UPS mailing address and I wanna put in STE 104 #183 (the box), how exactly do I do that in the address? I don't want them to think its STE 104-183. Do I put #183 in box 8b (street address and name) or 8c (STE/APT,ETC)?

5. If I wanna list extra employers on extra page what is the page #, part # and item #? Is it 2, 1, 13? Because the page gets extended out.

6. We both have nicknames? Since this is not a legal name change I assume no extra paperwork should be submitted? I listed both of our nicknames.

7. Do I put N/A for every box not filled out? Including physical address since mailing address is the same for my fiancee? (so I didn't have to fill out physical address)?

8. My fiancees parents have no last names due to a cultural thing. Is this ok?

9. Lastly is it better to send it by certified mail to the following address? I wanna send by UPS since USCIS hours are bad for me after work.

USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Thank you to whoever answers these questions for me. I really appreciate you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I will be addressing some of the points I can be off help with

1) You can also include a wet signed (with ink) letter of intent to marry. And make sure to really highlight that it is in fact something that shows your intent to marry. If you can, also give an estimation on when and where you plan to get married, who you will invite etc. Since you're the petitioner (and henceforth a US citizen), you can also add that what you are writing is under oath to really make it something USCIS cannot ignore. Also letters of support (written under oath) from friends and mainly family members can really up your chances too!
3) Yes you can include the country code for the sake of convenience. No harm in adding it.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

1 hour ago, Ion Paladii said:

I will be addressing some of the points I can be off help with

1) You can also include a wet signed (with ink) letter of intent to marry. And make sure to really highlight that it is in fact something that shows your intent to marry. If you can, also give an estimation on when and where you plan to get married, who you will invite etc.

You HAVE TO include two letters of intent, a separate one for each of you. It's one of the main requirements of the I-129f. OP make sure you have these if you do not yet. They don't need to be full of a bunch of details though, wedding plans and such, they can simply say "I intend to marry [beneficiary/petitioner name] within 90 days of entry to the U.S." There are plenty of sample letters to grab throughout VJ if needed. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, rupok93 said:

I just have some last minute questions to absolutely make sure our K1 won't get rejected.

1. For evidence I submitted a written statement from my fiancee on how we met both signed by us, some 4X6 photos of us together and copies of my airline reservation/passport stamps. Is this ok?

2. It says to fill out the form with black ink, does that mean I have to write it all in or can I partially type it in acrobat and write in some stuff with black ink?

4.  I have a UPS mailing address and I wanna put in STE 104 #183 (the box), how exactly do I do that in the address? I don't want them to think its STE 104-183. Do I put #183 in box 8b (street address and name) or 8c (STE/APT,ETC)?

5. If I wanna list extra employers on extra page what is the page #, part # and item #? Is it 2, 1, 13? Because the page gets extended out.

6. We both have nicknames? Since this is not a legal name change I assume no extra paperwork should be submitted? I listed both of our nicknames.

7. Do I put N/A for every box not filled out? Including physical address since mailing address is the same for my fiancee? (so I didn't have to fill out physical address)?

9. Lastly is it better to send it by certified mail to the following address? I wanna send by UPS since USCIS hours are bad for me after work.

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

2. It can be typed my I129F was all typed out except signatures. Same with letter of intent it was typed and I signed. She did the same, signed it, and emailed it to me. So her letter of intent was not an orginal with a wet signature.

So as far as I know there are no issues with typing it as long as you use ink for the important parts like signatures. I had no hold ups during the entire process so it should be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, rupok93 said:

I wanna send by UPS since USCIS hours are bad for me after work.

What does uscis hours have to do with your selection of delivery service?

YMMV

9 hours ago, Ion Paladii said:

Since you're the petitioner (and henceforth a US citizen), you can also add that what you are writing is under oath to really make it something USCIS cannot ignore. Also letters of support (written under oath) from friends and mainly family members can really up your chances too!

This is absolutely not true or necessary.

13 hours ago, rupok93 said:

USCIS
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

There are guides here on VJ that are very informative and I would offer that you at least check your questions against the guides.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, Ion Paladii said:

This what our lawyer advised us to do so I'm just passing that along

Lawyers are often incorrect.  Simply signing a letter of intent to marry each other (which is the requirement) is no less "official" than having people you know sign some sort of bogus affidavit that you plan to marry each other.  LOL.  The parameters for having the 129-f petition approved are really quite minimal.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/31/2019 at 4:50 AM, rupok93 said:

For evidence I submitted a written statement from my fiancee on how we met both signed by us, some 4X6 photos of us together and copies of my airline reservation/passport stamps. Is this ok?

Airline reservations tend to be insufficient since it is circumstantial and doesn't prove you've actually taken the trip. Passport stamps are good. Boarding passes are good. Even luggage tags if they show date and name. Pictures prove the meeting but not a 2 year time frame. 

2 letters of intent, the one from your beneficiary doesn't have to be wet signed are safest. Make sure you answer all criminal qeustions and IMBRA question.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, MeghanK said:

You HAVE TO include two letters of intent, a separate one for each of you. It's one of the main requirements of the I-129f. OP make sure you have these if you do not yet. They don't need to be full of a bunch of details though, wedding plans and such, they can simply say "I intend to marry [beneficiary/petitioner name] within 90 days of entry to the U.S." There are plenty of sample letters to grab throughout VJ if needed. 

I agree don't clutter your intent letters up with to much information or details. There is a good sample letter here on VJ and that works well. Remember NEVER volunteer information to USCIS it can get you in a world of hurt no matter how helpful you are trying to be with your case. Keep it simple and to the point! Two letters of intent each signed!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

I agree don't clutter your intent letters up with to much information or details. There is a good sample letter here on VJ and that works well. Remember NEVER volunteer information to USCIS it can get you in a world of hurt no matter how helpful you are trying to be with your case. Keep it simple and to the point! Two letters of intent each signed!!!!

Exactly. Try to remember these are very bureaucratic, very by-the-book, federal government employees you are dealing with, not American Idol judges... they aren't swayed by feelings-based input, they are objectively reviewing boxes that need to be checked. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

15 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Airline reservations tend to be insufficient since it is circumstantial and doesn't prove you've actually taken the trip. Passport stamps are good. Boarding passes are good. Even luggage tags if they show date and name. Pictures prove the meeting but not a 2 year time frame. 

2 letters of intent, the one from your beneficiary doesn't have to be wet signed are safest. Make sure you answer all criminal qeustions and IMBRA question.

And if you met on an online dating site you might want to print out and add the TOS pages of the site into your application. Some people run into trouble later with this especially if USCIS is not familiar with the dating site. Better to be safe than sorry.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

And if you met on an online dating site you might want to print out and add the TOS pages of the site into your application. Some people run into trouble later with this especially if USCIS is not familiar with the dating site. Better to be safe than sorry.

We met on OKCUPID. Should I include their terms of service? Its a pretty well known site and I listed it on the evidence of meeting page explaining how we met.

1 hour ago, Shiran said:

Unfortunately threw away boarding passes but I printed out the boarding pass pictures I took with my phone. They are clear enough to make out the details. I printed the reservations as well credit card statement with payment to united. I also added statements with withdrawals overseas. I wrote the date on the back of the pictures. Should I include time stamped pictures or is my other evidence enough?

Heres a full list of stuff included based on feedback:

1.      Flight reservations and credit card receipts.

2.      Hotel reservations and receipts

3.      Credit card statement with withdrawals in Indonesia

4.      Bank statements with international withdrawals

5.      Boarding pass pictures

6.      Train reservations in Indonesia

7.      Passport stamps

8.      Color photographs with names, date and location on back of photos (handwritten)

9.      Call logs of whatsapp for continued relationship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.