eric1225

Potomac Service Center Processing Time

75 posts in this topic

Today's update:  I received the interview notice this evening.  Interview has been scheduled for 4/21/2020 in New York City.  I have not applied for N-400 yet, even though I'm eligible.  I have not had an interview with USCIS so far and since I applied for I-751 in February 2019, most probably the following applies:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2018/2018-11-30-PM-602-0168-revised-interview-waiver-guidance-for-form-I-751.pdf

I have included all the important dates in my signature below. 

Will update after the interview! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, Courageous2020 said:

Greetings. Any update from PSC ?

My I751 is pending at YSC, I applied early July 2019, fingerprints taken in February 2020

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've posted a couple times in this thread so I just wanted to give a final update on our case. On September 8 we got a notification that my husband was scheduled for his N-400 interview at the Charleston, SC office on September 30th. We didn't know what to expect but were prepared to interview together for the still-pending I-751 as well if need be. They didn't let me inside due to covid and didn't even address the I-751. He passed the interview/exam for naturalization, did the oath and they gave him his certificate. The whole thing took about two hours. I just checked online and no case status updates so far, but none of that matters anymore because we are done! Very excited and feel really lucky to be in Charleston for this part of our process as they apparently are very fast. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thanks to all of you. This community was absolutely priceless and allowed us to do this without lawyers. 🤗🥰

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, jakelake said:

How can there be naturalization when the I-751 is still pending?

because the N-400 was filed as soon as they qualified for it. 

I have seen more than a dozen cases like this one. I have also heard about combo interviews (I-751/N-400) done on the same day.

It happens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
17 hours ago, catdog514 said:

I've posted a couple times in this thread so I just wanted to give a final update on our case. On September 8 we got a notification that my husband was scheduled for his N-400 interview at the Charleston, SC office on September 30th. We didn't know what to expect but were prepared to interview together for the still-pending I-751 as well if need be. They didn't let me inside due to covid and didn't even address the I-751. He passed the interview/exam for naturalization, did the oath and they gave him his certificate. The whole thing took about two hours. I just checked online and no case status updates so far, but none of that matters anymore because we are done! Very excited and feel really lucky to be in Charleston for this part of our process as they apparently are very fast. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thanks to all of you. This community was absolutely priceless and allowed us to do this without lawyers. 🤗🥰

No more collecting evidence, filling applications, or worrying about immigration and fee changes!  Congratulations on completing your long immigration journey!  We hope to be in the same position next year. 😀

Timeline
5 hours ago, Pogue Mahone said:

I have seen more than a dozen cases like this one. I have also heard about combo interviews (I-751/N-400) done on the same day.

It happens.

Exactly, we filed for our N-400 online on the very first day we were eligible. I had read about cases like what happened with us, as well as surprise combo interviews and so we were prepared for that if need be. I had also read about folks being rescheduled once USCIS realized the 751 was still pending if they had not reviewed that case yet, or proceeding with the naturalization exam and just not completely approving it until the 751 was adjudicated as well. I think the fact that there have been growing backlogs of cases and then covid slowing things down even more has made it so that strange and unpredictable things can happen like what happened for us. We were not expecting to be completely done and receive the certificate all in the same day, and it was an excellent surprise. Hopefully they begin doing this more and more.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 8:24 AM, Pogue Mahone said:

It happens.

I know but naturalization does not occur if the I-751 is not completed. The I-751 cannot still be pending.

Timeline
On 10/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, jakelake said:

I know but naturalization does not occur if the I-751 is not completed. The I-751 cannot still be pending.

Correct, now it is no longer pending however, it was on the day we showed up for the interview. They approved it on the same day as the naturalization. I have now even got a letter in the mail confirming that the I-751was approved on 9/30, same day as the naturalization. I also got a letter in the mail after the fact inviting us to attend the oath ceremony on 9/30, which of course already happened. When I wrote "still-pending 751" in my post, I was talking about still-pending as of that day, not as of now.

Hi @catdog514 - just to confirm, your 75I was being processed in YSC but your N-400 was processed in the Charleston SC field office, correct?

For a second there, I thought there might be a silver lining for me and then I realized that your N-400 was processed in a different state altogether. I'm in YSC for 751 right now and come N-400 time for me, I will also be processed in the DC field office (also a notoriously backlogged one), so sadly I will not be as fortunate as you are.  

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
On 10/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, doggieandsam said:

Hi @catdog514 - just to confirm, your 75I was being processed in YSC but your N-400 was processed in the Charleston SC field office, correct?

For a second there, I thought there might be a silver lining for me and then I realized that your N-400 was processed in a different state altogether. I'm in YSC for 751 right now and come N-400 time for me, I will also be processed in the DC field office (also a notoriously backlogged one), so sadly I will not be as fortunate as you are.  

Yes, that is correct, Charleston SC. I was absolutely not expecting it to be so fast, but here's to hoping that it works out the same for you!! 🤗 Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.