Savan

CR1 Denied and Possible Revocation

124 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

That makes no sense even her family applied for her ,you are U.S citizen and you are married to her and she is your spouse .How could even make a difference even if they had applied for her in past, they can't deny on that single reason ,i mean she isnt applying for tourist or study visa .Plus if they should had any doubts they should have put it under A.P and should have asked for more proof to submit to prove marriage was done in good faith but they cant just send for revocation. 

OP's US citizenship does not give his spouse an automatic right to a visa. 

Read the thread and see the flags! Any CO has the authority to deny a visa or recommend a revocation if s/he has doubts on the validity of the petition, even if the marriage if fully legit. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

47 minutes ago, Vik1992 said:

My wife's sister got married and immigrated 3 years ago, however she did not file/ was not planning to file a sponsorship for her anytime soon.

She's (your wife's sister) is likely not a USC yet, so not eligible to petition a sibling anyways. And your in-laws are presumably in India. This case is different than your 221g/re-interview. 

In OP's case,

1.His wife's parents got visas to migrate to the US on an IR petition. 

2.His wife tried to immigrate with her family but was informed she had no basis to to do so. She married a USC husband soon thereafter. 

I-751 journey

10 minutes ago, Savan said:

2 months, it was arrange marriage.

Yes ,that was little fast and after reading this whole thread it seems like you married her soon after she couldn’t come to US with her family .You should have did this marriage in good faith but things like these  raise questions in CO mind and they just take decision on facts what they see and they could be right or wrong .Like your marriage could be totally legitimate but CO don't think this way but still personally they should have put it under investigation like they can use local agencies for further investigations but they do what they have been taught. They just read that book of instructions and work straight out of it so you should have follow their book of guide and even things are legitmate ,then even always try to follow those steps if you know what i mean. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

An investigation, well what would that produce beyond the information shared by the OP?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Yes ,that was little fast and after reading this whole thread it seems like you married her soon after she couldn’t come to US with her family .You should have did this marriage in good faith but things like these  raise questions in CO mind and they just take decision on facts what they see and they could be right or wrong .Like your marriage could be totally legitimate but CO don't think this way but still personally they should have put it under investigation like they can use local agencies for further investigations but they do what they have been taught. They just read that book of instructions and work straight out of it so you should have follow their book of guide and even things are legitmate ,then even always try to follow those steps if you know what i mean. 

Why do you say I should have did this marriage in good faith. This marriage was done in good faith, just because it was arranged marriage doesn't mean it was not in good faith. In india, people decides to get married after meeting with each other in 1 day. I spent many days together. My sister in law, decided to get married on 2nd day of meeting, and they only spent 1 month together after. They didn't have any trouble with visa process because the CO knows about arrange marriage. Its the previous visa thing getting in the way. Even my sister met with her husband one time, and spent 2 weeks together. I spent 4 months with her, yet they won't look at that.

Edited by Savan

2 minutes ago, Savan said:

Why do you say I should have did this marriage in good faith. This marriage was done in good faith, just because it was arranged marriage doesn't mean it was not in good faith. In india, people decides to get married after meeting with each other in 1 day. I spent many days together. My sister in law, decided to get married on 2nd day of meeting, and they only spent 1 month together after. They didn't have any trouble with visa process because the CO knows about arrange marriage. Its the previous visa thing getting in the way.

I was not raising a question ,What i was trying to say is you did a marriage in good faith and i am totally agree with you in indian tradition ,things happened in day or two no doubt but like i said they follow those guidelines like you should have gave it more time between that period after her family applied for her and also before you get married because you and I  know what indian tradition is but they don't .They only work on facts like what they see not what on we believe or what we do. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs said:

I was not raising a question ,What i was trying to say is you did a marriage in good faith and i am totally agree with you in indian tradition ,things happened in day or two no doubt but like i said they follow those guidelines like you should have gave it more time between that period after her family applied for her and also before you get married because you and I  know what indian tradition is but they don't .They only work on facts like what they see not what on we believe or what we do. 

True, I mean im not the only person in india doing arrange marriage so they would have idea by now.

Timeline

What is the Indian tradition about leaving a single daughter behind?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

COs in India, and everywhere else, are trained in the local culture. Often, COs learn to speak the local language, many speak hindi, etc in India. My spouse was interviewed in hindi for a CR1 by a gora (white/caucasion) CO. 

If you have a straightforward case without flags, CR1 is a slam dunk. Arranged marriage is NOT the issue here; the flags in OP's wife's case are. 

I-751 journey

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

What is the Indian tradition about leaving a single daughter behind?

OP didnt respond to a similar post here

I-751 journey

Timeline
4 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

OP didnt respond to a similar post here

Well I know about arranged marriages, a friend in the UK did one.

I have  fairly good idea what would be said if a single sister had been left behind.

So I'm sure others have said this.

But I don't think anyone thinks you entered into a marriage to bring her over. (And if you did, for shame)

I think everyone, including USCIS, feels that her family introduced you and may have planted a lot of seeds to where after a month and a half of knowing each other, you felt that it was a good idea to marry her. And... well that you maybe have been duped and used. Or on another hand, maybe paid off or given extra favors.

And again, you can say there's all the love in the world, but the story just sounds shady.

It doesn't sound like a love story, it doesn't sound like ya'll were willing to grow and learn each other.

It sounds like a marriage of convenience.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.