kittyanne

ST. LUKES MEDICAL EXAM EXPERIENCE 2019

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, kittyanne said:

It's better to go early and be finished early. You will have to wait anyway especially on the last test. My medical experience on the first day was just the right time, i leave the clinic at lunch time. You cannot bring food inside. If i remember it correctly, if you do not finish the process on the first day, because they have time cut-off, you will have to finish it on the next day.

Only the applicants can go inside. You can wait outside tho. 

2x2 photo is needed. I got mine at Photoline. Just tell the photographer that it is for Visa application. 

Is it only The Philippines that makes the medical as inconvenient as possible? Having to arrive at early AM hours and accept only cash payments. No ability to make a scheduled appointment. I don't understand I guess.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Solaris81 said:

Is it only The Philippines that makes the medical as inconvenient as possible? Having to arrive at early AM hours and accept only cash payments. No ability to make a scheduled appointment. I don't understand I guess.  

you dont have to arrive early , we went at 9am and finished by 3pm. 

pretty much every place i visited in the Philippines only took cash. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kayden123 said:

you dont have to arrive early , we went at 9am and finished by 3pm. 

pretty much every place i visited in the Philippines only took cash. 

I don't feel comfortable carrying 60,000 pesos in cash on my person. I wouldn't carry the US dollar equivalency in the States.

31 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

I don't feel comfortable carrying 60,000 pesos in cash on my person. I wouldn't carry the US dollar equivalency in the States.

You don't need to pay in cash at the clinic. You can pay it at the bank or online if your fiancé banks with SB. Yes, it's still bringing cash but you can withdraw at the bank's ATM, take a dozen steps or so into the bank, and then pay. https://slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.php

Just a friendly advice, this process is very long and it can be overwhelming. I suggest that you first go on the official websites (USCIS, USEM, SLEC, CFO) and educate yourself. There's a lot of misinformation going around and it would benefit you to know what is 'official' and then go from there. Other people's experiences are helpful but only to a certain extent.

Pack a lot of patience with you too, it's going to be trying process and whining and complaining isn't going to help.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, nite2viper said:

What day do you find out if you have to do sputum test? First day at end of day?

Day 2 when you check-in with the guard.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

There is an online payment option but it requires having a bank account.

No reason to arrive in the early hours and stand in line, arrive an hour or two after the embassy has opened..

... Is there an echo in the room?  ;)     Swear this info was posted to you before

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
6 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

Why carry 60k? The medical fee is 17k. But I do agree it’s a pain they don’t accept pre payments except from Security Bank account holder’s 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Why carry 60k? The medical fee is 17k. But I do agree it’s a pain they don’t accept pre payments except from Security Bank account holder’s 

+ two kids

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I would recommend not going early. My Fiance arrived between 10 and 11 AM, she was out by 4 PM. Don't add stress to an already stressful process. Get a good nights rest. In a process that takes 6+ months, what's a few hours...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, RonaDaniel said:

Hello, 

My medical is scheduled on Jan 6,2020. I still have cough due to ashtma. Is it true that they are very strict in St. Luke's that even a cough can be considered having serious disease? 

A cough from asthma in not serious,  a cough from TB is,  it all depends on the root cause.  St Luke's is not any more strict than any other panel physician located in any other country. 

Since the medical is walk-in only,  how do you have it scheduled 

YMMV

Timeline
5 hours ago, RonaDaniel said:

Hello, 

My medical is scheduled on Jan 6,2020. I still have cough due to ashtma. Is it true that they are very strict in St. Luke's that even a cough can be considered having serious disease? 

No that is NOT true.

If the x-rays show issues with your lungs that could lead to more intense testing

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 year later...

Dear sirs.

I am writing  in complaint about the clinic  there.
My wife just finished  testing for tb. She said everyone is being tested.
He smear was negative.  Doctor said well maybe your sputom  test will show some tb. Her exray had lines in it. She said no sign of tb in exray. She wasn't allowed to take a photo or obtain a copy.. she was held in manila 4 days when they told her 3 in the beginning.
She was interviewed  by a doctor in her underwear. The doctor asked her questions  like how many ears do you have.. she was very uncomfortable.. Her first day there a worker at the desk called her fat. Unprofessional. 
Look at there website. Look at the comments and ratings. People are being misdiagnosed and treated like lab rats. This hospital represent or owned by the United States?
I'm ashamed and very upset.
Causing so much grief to people. 
My wife was crying so much there. 
This kind of treatment to people should not be let go on..
I will pursue every option against vthis clinic for the sake of my wife and every person forced to go through there.
Please forward  this letter to someone who would be willing to investigate.
Thank you, A Mason

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.