RenoBound

Waiting time for Montreal Canada Interview

349 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, 

Interview was a success.  Received the blessed Welcome letter.  Now just wait for the visa and off we go.

No packet will be forthcoming, all documents scanned and uploaded electronically.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, RenoBound said:

Hi all, 

Interview was a success.  Received the blessed Welcome letter.  Now just wait for the visa and off we go.

No packet will be forthcoming, all documents scanned and uploaded electronically.

Congratulations! I can’t wait for the day of CC for us. We don’t know anymore when our interview will be. I’ve seen some with July interviews already for Montreal. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Congratulations! I can’t wait for the day of CC for us. We don’t know anymore when our interview will be. I’ve seen some with July interviews already for Montreal. 

Gah.  I’m so sorry.  You should get your money back from that lawyer of yours.   

Read my review for the interview.   The Montreal checklist does not include all the support documents that they asked for.   I ended up supplying from my daughters financials:

The original signed copy of the affidavit of support (865EZ)

2018 W-2

2018 IRS Transcripts 

Recent paystub 

Not sure if the requirements are the same for K-1.

Good luck!

Edited by RenoBound
Omission

Timeline
11 minutes ago, RenoBound said:

Gah.  I’m so sorry.  You should get your money back from that lawyer of yours.   

Read my review for the interview.   The Montreal checklist does not include all the support documents that they asked for.   I ended up supplying from my daughters financials:

The original signed copy of the affidavit of support (865EZ)

2018 W-2

2018 IRS Transcripts 

Recent paystub 

Not sure if the requirements are the same for K-1.

Good luck!

I am CR-1 spousal visa. What other document/s did they ask that’s not in their checklist? Thank you

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

I am CR-1 spousal visa. What other document/s did they ask that’s not in their checklist? Thank you

The paystub, on the advice of our lawyer, and a copy of the affidavit of support. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, RenoBound said:

The paystub, on the advice of our lawyer, and a copy of the affidavit of support. 

Did you just bring it with you or uploaded it on CEAC before interview? Thank you

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Did you just bring it with you or uploaded it on CEAC before interview? Thank you

The W-2 and Transcripts were both uploaded.  There is a place for both documents.  

Our lawyer recommended that the paystub is important to show that your petitioner is still and recently employed.  It eliminates another trip hazard. 

So I brought them all as backup documents and sure enough, they asked for them. 

Timeline
Just now, RenoBound said:

The W-2 and Transcripts were both uploaded.  There is a place for both documents.  

Our lawyer recommended that the paystub is important to show that your petitioner is still and recently employed.  It eliminates another trip hazard. 

So I brought them all as backup documents and sure enough, they asked for them. 

Thank you. So I am just wondering, after you got CC, did montreal embassy e-mailed or snail mailed you a letter of instructions including getting a medical or did you do your medical as soon as you get CC/interview date? I just want to know if I will be waiting for something from montreal too after CC or interview is scheduled by NVC? Thank you. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Thank you. So I am just wondering, after you got CC, did montreal embassy e-mailed or snail mailed you a letter of instructions including getting a medical or did you do your medical as soon as you get CC/interview date? I just want to know if I will be waiting for something from montreal too after CC or interview is scheduled by NVC? Thank you. 

I’m glad we can help.  

The interview date came through email.  That email tells you to book your medical. 

Its important to go to the Montreal consulate website, which is linked through travel.org. There you can download the specific Montreal checklist and links to videos.  

You also must register your interview with Consulate after you get the date. That takes about 3 days after NVC notifies you. There you assure your time and date is slotted and you get a chance to specify where and how you want to get the visa.  You can have it couriered or you can pick up at local post office.  

The Montreal website has a ton of information.  

9 hours ago, RenoBound said:

I’m glad we can help.  

The interview date came through email.  That email tells you to book your medical. 

Its important to go to the Montreal consulate website, which is linked through travel.org. There you can download the specific Montreal checklist and links to videos.  

You also must register your interview with Consulate after you get the date. That takes about 3 days after NVC notifies you. There you assure your time and date is slotted and you get a chance to specify where and how you want to get the visa.  You can have it couriered or you can pick up at local post office.  

The Montreal website has a ton of information.  

Is this all information you got from Interview email?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, MK2803 said:

Is this all information you got from Interview email?

Pretty much.  Not much else to read into it. 

The bulk of the info is on the Montreal Consulate website.  

1 hour ago, RenoBound said:

Pretty much.  Not much else to read into it. 

The bulk of the info is on the Montreal Consulate website.  

Congratulations!!!  Thank you very much for sharing your experience, very helpful! I thought  that you can choose to pick up your visa the next day at the Montreal consulate. Is it not the case? are you able to specify which local post office you want to pick up your visa? 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Nova77 said:

Congratulations!!!  Thank you very much for sharing your experience, very helpful! I thought  that you can choose to pick up your visa the next day at the Montreal consulate. Is it not the case? are you able to specify which local post office you want to pick up your visa? 

Hi there,

There was no option to pick up the visa, at least from my interview.  I had already registered for courier delivery of visa back to my residence in Toronto. 

The status of my Visa has been changed to "Issued", I am assume that is almost ready to print and ship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.