Jump to content
RenoBound

Waiting time for Montreal Canada Interview

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good day all,

 

All documents and fees were approved and completed on my IR5 on March 7th 2019.  Notice from the NVC was that an interview would be scheduled at the Consulate and I would be notified by email or mail.  Does anybody know what the approximate turnover times are for the interview?  Can I expect an interview in April?

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 4:56 PM, RenoBound said:

Good day all,

 

All documents and fees were approved and completed on my IR5 on March 7th 2019.  Notice from the NVC was that an interview would be scheduled at the Consulate and I would be notified by email or mail.  Does anybody know what the approximate turnover times are for the interview?  Can I expect an interview in April?

 

Thank you!

Hi! Did you submit documents by uploading at CEAC account? If so, what day? We just submitted ours last Tuesday April 2. How long before we receive a CASE COMPLETE e-mail? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kartinee23 said:

Hi! Did you submit documents by uploading at CEAC account? If so, what day? We just submitted ours last Tuesday April 2. How long before we receive a CASE COMPLETE e-mail? Thank you

My sister submitted all her civil n aos March 21st haven't recieve any email from nvc as of now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To be clear, I am going in on an IR-5 visa, relative sponsorship.   

 

Most here seem to be K1 or such, fiancé ones.  

 

All documents were submitted through the CEAC account and were accepted and approved by the NVC.

 

I’ve not heard an interview date yet, the NVC approved everything on March 7th. 

Edited by RenoBound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RenoBound said:

To be clear, I am going in on an IR-5 visa, relative sponsorship.   

 

Most here seem to be K1 or such, fiancé ones.  

 

All documents were submitted through the CEAC account and were accepted and approved by the NVC.

 

I’ve not heard an interview date yet, the NVC approved everything on March 7th. 

Looks like Montreal embassy is  taking forever I have a cousin who's under f4 waiting for interview as well since March 20th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

 

We received our interview today!  Exactly four weeks from now, May 14th.

 

We immediately scheduled the medical exam (consular approved doctor) which is next week, and I’ll go over all my documentation, both original and copies with a fine tooth comb. 

 

Finally, the last step.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RenoBound said:

Hi all, 

 

We received our interview today!  Exactly four weeks from now, May 14th.

 

We immediately scheduled the medical exam (consular approved doctor) which is next week, and I’ll go over all my documentation, both original and copies with a fine tooth comb. 

 

Finally, the last step.  

Congrats on your interview 

Did you recieve an email or letter by postal did you also receive a checklist what do you need to bring 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RenoBound said:

Hi all, 

 

We received our interview today!  Exactly four weeks from now, May 14th.

 

We immediately scheduled the medical exam (consular approved doctor) which is next week, and I’ll go over all my documentation, both original and copies with a fine tooth comb. 

 

Finally, the last step.  

Congrats! Still waiting for CC since April 1. Applying for spouse CR-1 visa. Montreal as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Congrats! Still waiting for CC since April 1. Applying for spouse CR-1 visa. Montreal as well. 

 

Check this link they usally update the dates on weekly bases currently working on 29th of March 2019 

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

 

 

Scroll bit down and you will see a currently receiving dates since yours like April 2nd should be getting response soon by nvc hopefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nsk1433 said:

Check this link they usally update the dates on weekly bases currently working on 29th of March 2019 

 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

 

 

Scroll bit down and you will see a currently receiving dates since yours like April 2nd should be getting response soon by nvc hopefully 

I’m always checking that part of the website and they only update it each week.   It’s been March 29 since Monday. 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 12:35 PM, Kartinee23 said:

I’m always checking that part of the website and they only update it each week.   It’s been March 29 since Monday. 🤐

Did you get any respond by nvc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yes. Got 2 documents rejected last April 17. Our attorney uploaded W2 in the TAX RETURN SECTION. So annoying. We paid them only to delay us. Big regret hiring them. ☹️

That's not good I had the same problem I uploaded first on March 9th then they reject passport copy and petitioner birth certificate so we uploaded again on April 9th so let see what happen this time literally my brother used the same birth certificate for petitioner the one I uploaded and they accept for my older brother but they rejected on me 

Just now, Nsk1433 said:

That's not good I had the same problem I uploaded first on March 9th then they reject passport copy and petitioner birth certificate so we uploaded again on April 9th so let see what happen this time literally my brother used the same birth certificate for petitioner the one I uploaded and they accept for my older brother but they rejected on me 

 

 

So you recieved an nvc reply on April 17th ? Not today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nsk1433 said:

That's not good I had the same problem I uploaded first on March 9th then they reject passport copy and petitioner birth certificate so we uploaded again on April 9th so let see what happen this time literally my brother used the same birth certificate for petitioner the one I uploaded and they accept for my older brother but they rejected on me 

 

 

So you recieved an nvc reply on April 17th ? Not today?

Yea. Also, resubmitted night of April 17th. I’m waiting again if rrjected or what. ☹️ Someone posted here they uploaded April 15th and already got CC April 22. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×