RenoBound

Waiting time for Montreal Canada Interview

349 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MK2803 said:

Yea I do call them regularly and wait hours for someone to pick. I don’t know what to do? They just say one and the same thing everytime. I am totally dejected. 

Since you’ve been here longer than i do, i’m just assumin because your Cc is january, did you read any case similar to yours? 

1 minute ago, MBNB said:

Im so sorry this is happening to you. We called a while back too and were told the same thing with being in queue. But I feel they have missed something for your case, that seems very odd and unfair that others have gotten dates and you're all the way back in January. I would keep calling or have someone review your case because something isn't right. 

I asked them that is there anything wrong? They just say everything is fine and you are just in queue. I even asked them that Is there any formal way to put request so that someone review my case? They said even if you put formal request you would get same answer that you are waiting in queue. Should my partner in US contact local senator? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MK2803 said:

I asked them that is there anything wrong? They just say everything is fine and you are just in queue. I even asked them that Is there any formal way to put request so that someone review my case? They said even if you put formal request you would get same answer that you are waiting in queue. Should my partner in US contact local senator? 

He shld. Average time is 60-90 days from CC to interview i think. I am not sure. You are past 90 days! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, MK2803 said:

I even asked this to NVC once that I am out of 90 days and lady told me that we try to book in 90 days but there is no guarantee and there is no fix time. 

They just say the same thing all the time with everything. It’s like no use of calling them. So maybe ask your husband to call senator or write or however you can reach him. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MK2803 said:

Actually i am the husband. Thanks for the suggestion. I would try to contact senator. 

Ooopsy. Sorry! Yes please do. It’s been over the 90 days and you’ve seen timelines of fellow Cr1 and their interview dates. Pls update us of any progress. 🙏🏽

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline

Got notification yesterday morning that my visa is with Canada Post.  Not my first choice, but there was no option to pick up in Montreal.  Too bad really, since I would have stayed another day.

So hopefully it comes today, if not, it will be Tuesday since Monday is a holiday here.  Cutting our time razor thin since we wanted to be on the road by Wednesday! 

The tracking number that they gave me is still not showing up in CP's system, so I don't expect it today. 

Timeline
Just now, RenoBound said:

Got notification yesterday morning that my visa is with Canada Post.  Not my first choice, but there was no option to pick up in Montreal.  Too bad really, since I would have stayed another day.

So hopefully it comes today, if not, it will be Tuesday since Monday is a holiday here.  Cutting our time razor thin since we wanted to be on the road by Wednesday! 

The tracking number that they gave me is still not showing up in CP's system, so I don't expect it today. 

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on every step. I wish picking up is an option. Passport is safer that way. I’ve read some passports lost by Canada post. 

Timeline
Just now, Kartinee23 said:

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on every step. I wish picking up is an option. Passport is safer that way. I’ve read some passports lost by Canada post. 

Yeah, thus my worry and wish that we could have.  UPS, FedEx, DHL, anybody would have been preferred. 

Sorry, it was yesterday afternoon, at 1:54 PM, and the tracking number still does not register with CP.  That sort of gap gives me a headache!  Haha.

Timeline
1 minute ago, RenoBound said:

Yeah, thus my worry and wish that we could have.  UPS, FedEx, DHL, anybody would have been preferred. 

Sorry, it was yesterday afternoon, at 1:54 PM, and the tracking number still does not register with CP.  That sort of gap gives me a headache!  Haha.

Oh I hope it will be delivered today!!! So you are worry free this weekend. 🙏🏽

4 hours ago, RenoBound said:

you mentioned previously there are 2 options you can choose from: by courier, or pick up at the local post office. I was wondering what the "pick up at the local post office" option is really about. Can you choose a local post office near the Montreal Consulate? or has it to be the post office near your residence based on your postal code? 

Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 3:47 PM, Nova77 said:

you mentioned previously there are 2 options you can choose from: by courier, or pick up at the local post office. I was wondering what the "pick up at the local post office" option is really about. Can you choose a local post office near the Montreal Consulate? or has it to be the post office near your residence based on your postal code? 

Morning,

I chose direct home delivery, which in hindsight, I wish I hadn't.  It locks me home until the visa get's delivered.  I would not suggest that.  I had miscalculated on the date, forgetting that today was a holiday, thus no mail service.  I have a truck to pick up tomorrow and pack, with the plans of being on the road Wednesday morning. 

From what I recall, you can choose a number of very local MAIN post office branches.  I am sure you can choose pick up of the visa wherever you want. This I would recommend since you can be notified by email or text to pick it up at your leisure. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.