Denise Laude

Applying for Spousal Visa

14 posts in this topic

Hi all! Im a new member here. I have a lot of questions about applying for spousal visa. Ive been married to a US citizen for 10years. He was born in California but they stayed here in the Philippines. We have a 16mos old son and i am pregnant with our 2nd baby due is on October just in time for his us army graduation. He joined the army last March 18,2019 and  currently on his basic training at Fort Jackson. My question is after his training can we apply a spousal visa? If not how soon can we apply for it? And is there any way that we can have it expedited because i heard theres an option for us since he is in the military. Im really hoping for a response. That would be much appreciated 😊

1. He can apply any time.

2. No expedite UNLESS he will receive overseas DEPLOYMENT orders.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

10 hours ago, Roel said:

Oh i see thank you 😊 another question let say we already apply for a spousal visa and while waiting can we also applu flr a tourist visa? I would love to have a quick visit probably on Christmas would that be a yes or not a good idea?

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove reply from quote.

8 minutes ago, Denise Laude said:

Hi all! Im a new member here. I have a lot of questions about applying for spousal visa. Ive been married to a US citizen for 10years. He was born in California but they stayed here in the Philippines. We have a 16mos old son and i am pregnant with our 2nd baby due is on October just in time for his us army graduation. He joined the army last March 18,2019 and  currently on his basic training at Fort Jackson. My question is after his training can we apply a spousal visa? If not how soon can we apply for it? And is there any way that we can have it expedited because i heard theres an option for us since he is in the military. Im really hoping for a response. That would be much appreciated 😊

He can apply at any time. The process will take 12-15 months for you to be able to come to the US on the immigrant visa. Can't expedite unless he is being deployed overseas. 

Just now, Denise Laude said:

You can try but I wouldn't really count on approval - US spouse, I-130 in process - already shows immigration intent.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sooner he starts the sooner it will finish Do you have a US passport for your child?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

32 minutes ago, Denise Laude said:

Yes would that be an advantage?

No. It doesn't matter when it comes to your immigration. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

3 hours ago, Roel said:

1. He can apply any time.

2. No expedite UNLESS he will receive overseas DEPLOYMENT orders.

No expedite for USCIS.  They can expedite NVC once they get NOA2.  NVC is much easier to expedite than USCIS.  We got expedited because of school and trying to get the kids to start the year in the States.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

No expedite for USCIS.  They can expedite NVC once they get NOA2.  NVC is much easier to expedite than USCIS.  We got expedited because of school and trying to get the kids to start the year in the States.

Good for you but there is NO military expedite without orders. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

8 minutes ago, Roel said:

Good for you but there is NO military expedite without orders. 

What I meant was that the CR-1 is difficult to expedite at USCIS level.  It is easier at NVC.  I agree that deployment is one of the rare acceptable expedite reasons for USCIS.  NVC expedites are up to the embassy and they are a bit easier to get.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
15 hours ago, Denise Laude said:

Oh i see thank you 😊 another question let say we already apply for a spousal visa and while waiting can we also applu flr a tourist visa? I would love to have a quick visit probably on Christmas would that be a yes or not a good idea?

You can also apply for a tourist visa but it's highly possible you will be denied. You can try.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Also, your kids (including the one waiting to see the world) could already be or become US citizens based on your husband. So also start looking into that for them if you already haven't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.