2,985 posts in this topic

Hello everyone ...is anyone from nyc here who got a interview date? My case was submitted April 2017 

Approved december 2018 got a medical reminder and every week an email saying no update on my case. Am not aure how to check the processing times if i am to check from submitted or from approved ...Thanks in advamce 

3 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Hello everyone ...is anyone from nyc here who got a interview date? My case was submitted April 2017 

Approved december 2018 got a medical reminder and every week an email saying no update on my case. Am not aure how to check the processing times if i am to check from submitted or from approved ...Thanks in advamce 

Hi I'm in NYC but my interview wait is just getting started! However Sandra posted a couple of days ago about interviews in N.Y. taking 12/16 months there about..😊 ...I will specifically like to know when you get the letter..it will help keep me better informed! 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Hey Nicola your back. Ok follow this instruction. Go on this page https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. Click on form and go to I-485. Next click field office and click NYC. Click processing time then scroll all the way down to where you see ESTIMATE TIME RANGE, FORM TYPE AND RECEIPT DATE FOR ENQUIRY. Yours should say November 22, 2016 for family based which means they are processing files which were submitted on November 22, 2016. When I did it in the past when I received courtesy letter, it changed to April 2017 which was when I submitted my case file and within a week I received interview Notice. Hopes this help.

Edited by Trizzle
Wrong date

Hi everyone. Sorry for being MIA. When my green card arrived, my first order of business was to get a permanent drivers license and eventually a more permanent job. So I’ve been out and about doing that and hopefully I will hear something about the jobs in a few days. 

Here Is my timeline. My local office is Harlingen, TX

Here is my timeline ——

Nov 9 2016 - submitted I765 I360 I485

Dec 23 2016 - rcvd the Notice of Receipt 

Feb 4 2017 - fingerprint notice 

Feb 22 2017 - fingerprint appointment 

Mar 17 2017 - EAD requested for production 

Mar 21 2017 - I765 was approved

Mar 27 2017 - EAD was mailed out 

Apr 6 2017 - received EAD

Jan 29 2018 - application submitted for EAD renewal

Mar 30 2018 - I360 RFE notice received 

May 29 2018 - renewed EAD ordered

Jun 1 2018 -  renewed EAD mailed out 

Jun 3 2018 - received renewed EAD

Jun 15 2018 - VAWA RFE docs submitted

Aug 1 2018 - VAWA approved 

Aug 29 2018 - I485 case transferred to another office 

Mar 26 2019 - notice for I 485 interview (I only received this notice on April 8. But March 26 was the date in the notice) 

Apr 9  2019- I485 interview / approved pending the medical exam

April 15  2019- submitted medical exam to the field office via Dropbox 

April 16 2019 - Case was officially approved 

April 19 2019 - Card was mailed out 

April 22 2019 - Received USPS tracking information 

April 25 2019 - Card was delivered to my lawyers office. 

May 1 - I received the green card in my hands. 

Thank you to everyone here. This is journey is something we will all get past. Keep the faith and believe - it will happen. 

1 minute ago, MelTex30 said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for being MIA. When my green card arrived, my first order of business was to get a permanent drivers license and eventually a more permanent job. So I’ve been out and about doing that and hopefully I will hear something about the jobs in a few days. 

Here is my timeline ——

Mar 26 2019 - notice for I 485 interview (I only received this notice on April 8. But March 26 was the date in the notice) 

Thank you to everyone here. This is journey is something we will all get past. Keep the faith and believe - it will happen. 

Hey there👋 good to have you back..I see you doing alright..it's gonna get better! Damn! This vawa journey is one long adventure! Phew! Thanks for the encouragement! More beautiful things ahead for you dear!🌟😊

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MelTex30 said:

Here is my timeline ——

Congratulations 🎈🎉🍾🎊. This will help me a lot because I was wondering when I would receive my GC. Interview 5.13.19, card in Production 5.13.19 and case was approved 5.14.19. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Hopemama said:

Ty @sandranj for quick response. I have that ssn with the restrictions via work study. So basically the USCIS never been informed that I had Ssn. Should I update to USCIS along with GMC evidence or when and where should I update that info?

You can inform them when you will  submit the GMC letter.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dharmaraj said:

Not yet i am worried . Status says “your new card is being produced we will mail to your address “ 

Keep holding on your that close. Reason I asked was my status changed within 2 hours of leaving the interview to “your new card is being produced” and yesterday it changed again to “case was approved”.  I didn’t see you post saying it changed to being Approval so I was wondering just a bit. You will get your Green Card thou. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, sandranj said:

My attorney wants $750 to file my EAD renewal. Can I file myself? I have a pending I485 and vawa filed. Can anyone help me? I can’t afford $750 to file a renewal. 

3 minutes ago, Godschild said:

My attorney wants $750 to file my EAD renewal. Can I file myself? I have a pending I485 and vawa filed. Can anyone help me? I can’t afford $750 to file a renewal. 

Don't paid that you can you filed yourself, did you initially paid I-485 fee??? if you did EAD renewal does not required any fee... You can do it yourself is very easy follow the I-765 instruction on USCIS website, also send along a copy of your I-485 receipt, if you did not paid any fee when you File I-485 than submit the I765 renewal together with I-912 fee waiver...

6 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Good Lord! They aren't supposed to charge you! Mines didn't charge me..perhaps because she felt I wasn't someone to toy around with! Two renewals now no charge!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
38 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Hi Sandranj

I have only 5 days left for my interview

I realized my date of birth was wrong on my I485 submitted what can i do in this case? can the Officer accept me to make a correction at the moment of Interview?

I am so worried, 

Please advice me this my last step.

Thank you all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 minute ago, FeDaniela said:

Don't paid that you can you filed yourself, did you initially paid I-485 fee??? if you did EAD renewal does not required any fee... You can do it yourself is very easy follow the I-765 instruction on USCIS website, also send along a copy of your I-485 receipt, if you did not paid any fee when you File I-485 than submit the I765 renewal together with I-912 fee waiver...

I paid for my first I485 that’s pending from my first marriage. It was placed on hold. So should I file send to Vermont and NBC? It doesn’t say anything about my I485 being in Vermont. 

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Good Lord! They aren't supposed to charge you! Mines didn't charge me..perhaps because she felt I wasn't someone to toy around with! Two renewals now no charge!

My lawyer also did not charge... This lawyer are so inconsiderable. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.